Sell on eBid
eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

View Poll Results: How are you intending to vote in the EU Referendum?

Voters
70. You may not vote on this poll
  • Remain a member of the European Union.

15 21.43%
  • Leave the European Union.

45 64.29%
  • Undecided, but leaning towards 'Remain'.

3 4.29%
  • Undecided, but leaning towards 'Leave'.

7 10.00%
Page 37 of 57 FirstFirst ... 272829303132333435363738394041424344454647 ... LastLast

Thread: The EU Referendum.

Forum Saint
    View Anniemcc2's Feedback (+3934)
    All-About Anniemcc2
    View Anniemcc2's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: The EU Referendum.

Bummer.

View astral276's Feedback (+194)
    All-About astral276
    View astral276's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Anniemcc2 View Post
    Bummer.
    You were probably under the delusion that the government (of whatever colour) acts according to the wishes of the electorate. The only time they are interested in you are when they want your vote at election time. Which is why I said earlier that if we get Brexit we should turn our attention to sorting out our corrupt system of government.

In A Butterfly House, Essex, United Kingdom
    View emmily121's Feedback (+310)
    All-About emmily121
    View emmily121's Listings
    Forum Posts

It's just more 'Project Fear' Annie. The last sentence (if it can be believed) here states "A Downing Street source dismissed the allegations of a potential stall to Brexit negotiations and said “we will respect the outcome of the referendum”.

Honest, reliable seller looking for honest, reliable buyers.

Emmily's Pin Badges
    New and used pin badges

NAWT Charity Store
    Take a minute to take a look

End of the Rainbow
    Will you find treasure at the end of the rainbow.
    Cuddly puppies and kittens now available.

YDC Charity Auctions

Sheffield, South Yorkshire, United Kingdom
    View sheffieldtony's Feedback (+1287)
    All-About sheffieldtony
    View sheffieldtony's Listings
    Forum Posts

[QUOTE=astral276;1672530]You were probably under the delusion that the government (of whatever colour) acts according to the wishes of the electorate. The only time they are interested in you are when they want your vote at election time. Which is why I said earlier that if we get Brexit we should turn our attention to sorting out our corrupt system of government.[/QUOTE

I agree with everyone of your postings. I made my mind months ago. I am in my mid 70s. I remember how thing were for us before we joined the E.U. If we brexit, I believe it could lead to the break up of the E.U. other countries are waiting for our results. Its certainly going to be interesting. Merkell is frightend as to what might happen. Germany fought two wars to get control of Europe, now they,ve done it without shedding blood.

Ive sent my postal vote back. Im Out.
    https://www.ebid.net/uk/stores/OldPostcards

Click on Link & Join EBid.
    http://www.ebid.net/uk/buddy/317570

Forum Newbie
    Barrow Gurney Bristol, Bristol, United Kingdom
    View chrisdart's Feedback (+17)
    All-About chrisdart
    View chrisdart's Listings
    Forum Posts

I'm OUT. There is no other sane option. I appreciate that others think differently. However at 60 I have also seen Britain as a different creature, before it got entangled in Brussels. Governments have given away sovereignty and control to the EU for year after year after year. The right to set our own laws, taxes, etc is being taken away/given away inch by inch and people don't seem to care about or understand this fact. We can't efficiently control who comes into the country. We contribute oodles of money each year and although some of it comes back to us, we have little say over how it should be spent.
    The common man will be rubber-stamped, filed, indexed, briefed, debriefed and numbered.
    I'm out delivering Leave leaflets and will be on the trail for some days yet. If it is Brexit, I can almost bet money that Cameron will ignore it and soldier on as if "the Little People have had their shout, but we know better".

Forum Diehard
    View PetBazaar's Feedback (+41)
    All-About PetBazaar
    View PetBazaar's Listings
    Forum Posts

So... As an undecided, a question for the out team...

The outers have frequently said that after an exit we'll get back control of our borders and also keep jobs safe by trading with Europe as members of the EEA free trade area.

Now, my understanding is that in order to be in the EEA we must agree to the free movement of workers or it's no deal.

So my question is... How will that work then?

Forum Saint
    View moonwitch's Feedback (+1616)
    All-About moonwitch
    View moonwitch's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by emmily121 View Post
    "A Downing Street source dismissed the allegations of a potential stall to Brexit negotiations and said “we will respect the outcome of the referendum”.

Would that be the tea lady?.....lol

Quote Originally Posted by PetBazaar View Post
    So... As an undecided, a question for the out team...

The outers have frequently said that after an exit we'll get back control of our borders and also keep jobs safe by trading with Europe as members of the EEA free trade area.

Now, my understanding is that in order to be in the EEA we must agree to the free movement of workers or it's no deal.

So my question is... How will that work then?

The EEA gives non EU members access to all aspects of the EU Single Market. In return, with the exception of agriculture and fisheries, EEA members are required to follow EU laws and regulations and policies relating to the Single Market. This includes signing up to the free movement of goods, persons, services, and capital between countries. EEA members are consulted about future legislative developments for the Single Market and have to make a financial contribution towards the EU.

It would not be possible, therefore, for the UK to have control over its borders in respect of EU nationals and to be a member of the EEA.

The only way that the UK can regain 100% control over its borders is to leave the EU and not to be a member of the EEA.

This means that unless favourable trading terms can be negotiated between the UK and the EU post Brexit, customs tariffs would be imposed on trade between the UK and the EU which would be likely to result in some reduction in trade and therefore economic activity.

Basically, it is a trade off between controlling the level of inward flow of people from the EU and taking a hit on the level of trade between the UK and the EU.

And for people who do not like pooling sovereignty in Brussels and Strasbourg in the EU legislative process and who do not want to be part of the harmonisation of business laws across the EU so that the Single Market can operate, it is a trade off between originating all new laws and legislation in the UK and taking a hit on the level of trade between the UK and the EU.

It is important to understand that the EU has a lot of rules and regulations intended to establish safety of operation and reliability and minimum quality standards for manufactured products, etc.. A UK outside of the EU and outside of the EEA would still have to be in compliance with these rules and regulations if it wanted to trade with the EU. The only way that the UK could establish full 100% sovereignty over its business related legislation and to reject existing and future EU business related legislation would be not to trade with the EU at all.

View sidthelamp's Feedback (+541)
    All-About sidthelamp
    View sidthelamp's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by westlondoncarparts View Post
    The EEA gives non EU members access to all aspects of the EU Single Market. In return, with the exception of agriculture and fisheries, EEA members are required to follow EU laws and regulations and policies relating to the Single Market. This includes signing up to the free movement of goods, persons, services, and capital between countries. EEA members are consulted about future legislative developments for the Single Market and have to make a financial contribution towards the EU.

It would not be possible, therefore, for the UK to have control over its borders in respect of EU nationals and to be a member of the EEA.

The only way that the UK can regain 100% control over its borders is to leave the EU and not to be a member of the EEA.

This means that unless favourable trading terms can be negotiated between the UK and the EU post Brexit, customs tariffs would be imposed on trade between the UK and the EU which would be likely to result in some reduction in trade and therefore economic activity.

Basically, it is a trade off between controlling the level of inward flow of people from the EU and taking a hit on the level of trade between the UK and the EU.

And for people who do not like pooling sovereignty in Brussels and Strasbourg in the EU legislative process and who do not want to be part of the harmonisation of business laws across the EU so that the Single Market can operate, it is a trade off between originating all new laws and legislation in the UK and taking a hit on the level of trade between the UK and the EU.

It is important to understand that the EU has a lot of rules and regulations intended to establish safety of operation and reliability and minimum quality standards for manufactured products, etc.. A UK outside of the EU and outside of the EEA would still have to be in compliance with these rules and regulations if it wanted to trade with the EU. The only way that the UK could establish full 100% sovereignty over its business related legislation and to reject existing and future EU business related legislation would be not to trade with the EU at all.

your post assumes a awful lot, for instance if we turn your hypothesise around, how are german car manufactures going to react if the eu tries to block trade with the uk,i think youl find there will be very little change with trading with the eu, we could also being out of the eu impose are own import tariffs on eu goods in favour of are own produced goods, which would stimulate are own manufacturing economy.the movement of uk citizens across the eu, well it always has been different for the uk we still need to produce are passports for entering or leaving the uk, as do eu members, the only change would be we would have to show are passport when traveling between say france and germany , i hardly find that a reason not to leave the eu,showing a passport at a border, is a pretty light reason for not regaining control of your own country, its absurd to think otherwise
    http://uk.ebid.net/stores/under pressure

MY ATTITUDE IS A RESULT OF YOUR ACTIONS!!!
    IF YOU DONT LIKE IT BLAME YOURSELF.

Forum Newbie
    Barrow Gurney Bristol, Bristol, United Kingdom
    View chrisdart's Feedback (+17)
    All-About chrisdart
    View chrisdart's Listings
    Forum Posts

"people who do not like pooling sovereignty with Brussels...."
    Well, no we don't, because(quote from www.englishconstitutiongroup.org/damning-letter-from-lord-kilmuir-the-lord-chancellor-to-edward-heath-2/)..."our Constitution allows no surrender of any part of our Constitution to a foreign power beyond the control of the Queen in parliament. This is evidenced by the convention which saysParliament may do many things but what it may not do is surrender any of its rights to govern unless we have been defeated in war).

A lot of interesting stuff here: http://www.englishconstitutiongroup....eu-and-the-uk/
    If anyone still feels the EU is a "good thing" after reading that lot....and I suggest that ALL 53 points are read.
    I voted in 1973, deceived like many others into thinking that everything would be all right. Now I want to help put that right, having seen the diabolical thinking behind the whole EU plan. We cannot do it individually....we have to do it together.

Thread Information