Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Can we use the E word?

View sidthelamp's Feedback (+541)
    All-About sidthelamp
    View sidthelamp's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: Can we use the E word?

Quote Originally Posted by kazeran View Post
    I don't post on here very much anymore and this thread is one of the reasons why.
    It seems to me that there is no freedom of speech on these forums.
    A forum is just that FORUM; 'A place where issues and ideas can be discussed'
    I stopped posting here in the past because threads were pulled without warning, ideas were silenced and, as a result, judging by the content of the forums today, watered down and trivialised. (no offence to anyone intended).
    It appears that anyone who posts or starts a 'testing' thread or causes a little healthy discussion is silenced.
    There will always be people who disagree with one another.
    Thats why forums are interesting. A one sided discussion is opression.
    It seems to me that anyone who posts an idea that is unacceptable to the invisible forum police on here is quickly reported and the thread is pulled. There is no freedom of opinion here.

i think youl find nearly every subject that can be discussed is done on the forum at some time, as you say yourself you dont come here often

seems to me forum members have a short memory when feebay was more openly talked about it was almost sure that the thread got pulled, not just because feebay was the main topic ,but the thread was taken advantage of by the feebay trolls that wandered this forum, always in the end defending feebay and advertising feebay, even having links to there feebay shops /selling pages, there are still members active on this forum who had them very links, thats not freedom of speech thats having the whole forum taken over by feebay trolls,theres no such thing as freedom of speech on any forum, the curiosity of the ebid forum was taken over by trolls and gangs, and its been removed, you think the forum is not what it used to be, there has been no threads removed or very few, the OP is a point in hand, for months, every one more or less gets on, if the trolls are gone so be it, the forum regulars are still here the YDC is still here new members are still coming into the forum

you need to get real and see things for what they are, if you can strain yourself away from talking about feebay try starting a thread on any subject you really like see what happens , theres nothing stopping you is there, be imaginative.
    http://uk.ebid.net/stores/under pressure

MY ATTITUDE IS A RESULT OF YOUR ACTIONS!!!
    IF YOU DONT LIKE IT BLAME YOURSELF.

All-About sidthelamp
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by tony41 View Post
    Your link is totally irrelevant to the thread. If it gets pulled it will be because of its irrelevancy NOT because of the content.
    I can't understand why some forum members hijack threads.
    ive not seen a thread pulled here because its of topic is that not a feebay terminology

View kazeran's Feedback (+7908)
    All-About kazeran
    View kazeran's Listings
    Forum Posts

I did not say that I don't come to the forum's any more. I said that I don't post often.
    If there are so many subjects discussed where are they? I can see a few, the rest are made up of old longer standing entries.
    I have been here a while and I don't recall any 'trolling' by feebay fans? and I was not talking about ebay, feebay or anything else related to the other online marketing website. I was making a comment relating to the control of posts on ebid.
    If you had read my post rather than tried to take the high ground you would have realised that.

All-About sidthelamp
    Forum Posts

I did not say that I don't come to the forum's any more. I said that I don't post often.
    If there are so many subjects discussed where are they? I can see a few, the rest are made up of old longer standing entries.
    I have been here a while and I don't recall any 'trolling' by feebay fans? and I was not talking about ebay, feebay or anything else related to the other online marketing website. I was making a comment relating to the control of posts on ebid.
    If you had read my post rather than tried to take the high ground you would have realised that.

your not reading what i said read the first line of my post i said you dont come here often,

your wrong the whole forum was taken over by feebay trolls

there are no controls as you put it, anyone can talk about what they want as long as they dont break the rules

taking the high ground am i, or am i just explaining what has and is going on, so be it i take the high ground,

All-About kazeran
    View kazeran's Listings
    Forum Posts

Sorry, my last sentence was not meant to sound as harsh as it obviously did. I apologise.
    My understanding of the last year on the forums here is obviously different to yours.
    I may not have posted but I have been watching and I have seen threads pulled without warning, some had good discussions going on.
    I did not see any trolls or witness the effects that you mention.
    What did they do? were they like fifth columnists?

All-About sidthelamp
    Forum Posts

Sorry, my last sentence was not meant to sound as harsh as it obviously did. I apologise.
    My understanding of the last year on the forums here is obviously different to yours.
    I may not have posted but I have been watching and I have seen threads pulled without warning, some had good discussions going on.
    I did not see any trolls or witness the effects that you mention.
    What did they do? were they like fifth columnists?

i also said the forums have been relatively calm for months i will now amend that to many months , this thread is a good example of feebay being mentioned with very passionate views on both sides

All-About kazeran
    View kazeran's Listings
    Forum Posts

Well if the boards are having a renaissance, that can only be a good thing. Think I will have another look around without the old glasses on

Forum Master
    View tony41's Feedback (+10051)
    All-About tony41
    View tony41's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by sidthelamp View Post
    ive not seen a thread pulled here because its of topic is that not a feebay terminology
    I wouldn't know. I don't read feebay forums, let alone post there.
    My comment about a possible reason for pulling the post (not the thread) was a reply to MPS16's comment that he thought it would be pulled because of the link.

I've always found these boards quite tolerant and have never had any posts removed when I've mentioned TOS, probably because it's in the context of the discussion and not a blatant plug.

They're definitely more friendly and helpfull to new posters/ebiders. I've never seen anyone here asking for help or advice have their thread highjacked by regulars with a pet hate which so often happens over there. Any mention of Ebid will most certainly be censored especially if countering the ebay cheerleaders who constantly "inform" readers that Ebid has no buyers without getting censored.
    ---------- * ---------- * ---------- * ---------- ---------- * ---------- * ---------- * ---------- * ----------

http://uk.ebid.net/users/theElench

Thread Information