My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: How would you deal with rats ??

Default Re: How would you deal with rats ??

"Hi , what do you mean by ' sudden Led poison' I know I sound thick but its it a type of Poison ? "

I think he means that he shoots them. Not a solution for the majority of us.

Hope you get it sorted - I know how I felt when they invaded my car (thereafter known as the ratmobile).

View sidthelamp's Feedback (+541)
    All-About sidthelamp
    View sidthelamp's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mrsandman View Post
    Hi , what do you mean by ' sudden Led poison' I know I sound thick but its it a type of Poison ? . Environmental health have put down something , but last time it never worked despite all the Bait being eaten.

I feel so sorry for my Birds as I have fed them regularly for years. I even have the pole type feeder and the little #### skin up it !! was watching one yesterday as he hung from the peanut feeder !! It is getting stupid as I haven't been out in my garden and consequently it is overgrown which they love. The Birds are practically lining up waiting to be fed lol. Today whilst I was looking up the garden a couple just ran across the patio in broad Daylight !!!!

seems to me you have had good advise and bad advise on this thread, yet your still finding a reason why you cant get rid of the rats, its almost a insult to the rats getting public health involved, they use poison and traps any self respecting rat knows this, thats why it dont work or takes months, so lets try some thing else, treat your self to about 50 gallons of petrol and spread it all over the garden,do a mission impossible [ ignition] and im sure your rat problem will be solved, dont like the sound of that, then ask around , find a man and a dog with a air rifle drop him a bulls eye and in a day your rat problem will go away
    http://uk.ebid.net/stores/under pressure

MY ATTITUDE IS A RESULT OF YOUR ACTIONS!!!
    IF YOU DONT LIKE IT BLAME YOURSELF.

View astral276's Feedback (+194)
    All-About astral276
    View astral276's Listings
    Forum Posts

We had a rat problem in the garden after they demolished on old workhouse/hospital to the rear of our property. They were got rid of with a combination of EH trapping and our next door neighbour (who's a game shooter) shooting them.

I know the shooting was effective, I can't vouch for the trapping.

Forum Saint
    View Oldandintheway's Feedback (+385)
    All-About Oldandintheway
    View Oldandintheway's Listings
    Forum Posts

Here's the current advice by the Brisbane City Council (see link)
    In the old days (when I was a kid) the council used to have teams of council employees with Fox Terriers (the natural enemy of the rat)
    They'd go around the city & suburbs on a regular basis searching for & eradicating rats & their nests.
    We called them "The Ratters" - those Foxy's would smell out, dig up & kill whole nests frantically, if they found any!

https://www.google.com.au/url?sa=t&r...rlfL1Uk_lvEEdA

Perhaps try this? http://www.guildford.gov.uk/pestcontrol

Do hope you come up with a solution - really sorry for you.

Hi , what do you mean by ' sudden Led poison' I know I sound thick but its it a type of Poison ? . Environmental health have put down something , but last time it never worked despite all the Bait being eaten.

I feel so sorry for my Birds as I have fed them regularly for years. I even have the pole type feeder and the little #### skin up it !! was watching one yesterday as he hung from the peanut feeder !! It is getting stupid as I haven't been out in my garden and consequently it is overgrown which they love. The Birds are practically lining up waiting to be fed lol. Today whilst I was looking up the garden a couple just ran across the patio in broad Daylight !!!!
    If you can't shoot them yourself, you might find a professional with an air rifle who will do the job for you. You need someone who knows and respects the law. Rats are resistant to poison and shooting is the only clean way to get rid of them in my opinion. The council in various towns hire such people to clear out pigeons in shoppiing centres. Safety is paramount, it will depend upon the infestations proximity to other buildings etc. Shooting down from a 1st floor window with earth (garden soil) as your backstop is just one consideration.
    I remember everything, even what happened tomorrow.

games4mac ~ DragonsRest ~ DragonsRest Lounge ~ Windfall

Meet my avatar: Qu the engineer and enchanter. Who else could invent the armour piercing rabbit (can dig holes through anything) and the duck gun (fires rubber ducks)?
    Join me on eBid here.

God bless eBid and all who sale in her!

Haverfordwest, Pembrokeshire, United Kingdom
    View olivia8143's Feedback (+1394)
    All-About olivia8143
    View olivia8143's Listings
    Forum Posts

I use a squirrel baffle (or it could be called a squirrel guard) on my pole type bird feeder, it deters the squirrels and will certainly deter rats as well.

We have a squirrel proof feeder and, as you say, Olivia, it would also deter rats. However, it is the seed which the birds drop onto the ground beneath that attracts vermin. Wood pigeons clean up after them at the moment, but we have seen one or two mice in the past - no as bad as rats, admittedly, but still unwanted visitors.

Stratford, Greater London, United Kingdom
    View billsstamps's Feedback (+31364)
    All-About billsstamps
    View billsstamps's Listings
    Forum Posts

Mice are easy, just remove anything they can eat. Rats move further and eat more variety but the same principle helps.

We had a squirrel that ate so much of the bird seed it got really fat, and then the neighbour's cat caught it. Obese rats?
    Rev Dr Bill Hopkinson,
    Retired professor

BillsStamps

around 50000 stamps listed, based in London

Forum Saint
    View Oldandintheway's Feedback (+385)
    All-About Oldandintheway
    View Oldandintheway's Listings
    Forum Posts

Just had a battle with a mouse last night - HE lost!

Thread Information