My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: Wouldn't it be great

Default Wouldn't it be great

If we have as big a turnout for the EU referendum that the Scots did for theirs?

Though I think a lot of people just don't know what's best might prevent it

Default Re: Wouldn't it be great

It would be great in the ideal world. And that is what should be happening. But not sure if it will.

What is similar between the Scottish and EU situations is that there is a lot of spinning and disinformation around.

What is different is that there was more sensible information available for the Scottish Referendum which helped the Scots to get their teeth into proper debate and which helped to awaken Scottish political participation. The lack of decent information from both sides for the EU Referendum means that a lot of people will either be voting blind or will not vote at all. A lot of ordinary decent people are getting very turned off by the antics of some of the main protagonists in the EU debate.

The strange thing is that there was better information available in the public domain for the 1975 referendum which was in the pre-internet age than there is today in the internet age. All the digital revolution seems to have achieved is making easier for people to spread false and inaccurate information more widely than back in the 1970s.

Forum Saint
    View moonwitch's Feedback (+1616)
    All-About moonwitch
    View moonwitch's Listings
    Forum Posts

People would be better informed if they didn't rely on generated memes shared on facebook...lol

I want to stay in....my other half wants us out of the EU so our votes will cancel each other out?

I spoke too soon about lack of information.

Hopefully this will liven up the debate.

http://www.theguardian.com/business/...-us-trade-deal

http://www.greenpeace.org/internatio...TIP-documents/

I do not understand how David Cameron can bang on about making the EU more democratic and accountable when according to the papers released the EU will no longer be master of its own fate when drafting new regulations and he will have agreed to all of this at the EU Council of Ministers.

View astral276's Feedback (+194)
    All-About astral276
    View astral276's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by moonwitch View Post
    I want to stay in....my other half wants us out of the EU so our votes will cancel each other out?
    You should still vote. In the case of a recount or if one of your votes is declared spoiled the individual vote would count for something.

Though as I want out - don't vote Moonie.

If we leave, we will still have free movement (as a tourist) in the EU?

Thread Information