Sell on eBid
eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: Currently have business account incl seller+; can I change it to private/personal ?

Forum Newbie
    View Deb2474's Feedback (+12941)
    All-About Deb2474
    View Deb2474's Listings
    Forum Posts

Question Currently have business account incl seller+; can I change it to private/personal ?

Hi,
    Do I have to start a new account for personal use, or can I change the designation of my current business account &/or keep the seller+ Thank you.

If I can't change it, can I add a personal one and keep the seller+ status (especially if I delete the business account?).
    ty
    Last edited by Deb2474; 20th July 2016 at 07:11 PM.

View JanetB's Feedback (+1175)
    All-About JanetB
    View JanetB's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: Currently have business account incl seller+; can I change it to private/personal

Quote Originally Posted by Deb2474 View Post
    Hi,
    Do I have to start a new account for personal use, or can I change the designation of my current business account &/or keep the seller+ Thank you.

If I can't change it, can I add a personal one and keep the seller+ status (especially if I delete the business account?).
    ty
    You can change your business status to personal and keep your seller+ status if you wish, but you may still be liable for taxes if you continue selling items (check your country tax rules)

If you feel you need a 2nd eBid account, then you need to contact support@ebid.net explaining your reasons. Only they can grant you your wish.

View astral276's Feedback (+194)
    All-About astral276
    View astral276's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: Currently have business account incl seller+; can I change it to private/personal

You can change your account type at https://www.ebid.net/uk/perl/account...ccount-details (near the bottom) as long as what you change it to correctly reflects your trading status.

Forum Newbie
    View Deb2474's Feedback (+12941)
    All-About Deb2474
    View Deb2474's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by astral276 View Post
    You can change your account type at https://www.ebid.net/uk/perl/account...ccount-details (near the bottom) as long as what you change it to correctly reflects your trading status.
    Hi,
    Thank you both for your help.
    I will take a little time for thought, but currently do not believe that I will be trading for business - only selling personal & donated items to raise funds for my niece's school.
    Regards,
    Debbie

I've decided to come back... again .

Question: If I am selling a variety of items that are handmade, personally owned, purchased, whatever... should I be using my Business Account to not only make purchases, etc., but to have Pay Pal also take their fees from as well as the 2.9% that eBID takes? I was running everything through my personal account when I sold here in the past. I think I should be doing that, but just want to be certain. Also: if I wish to purchase from eBID sellers as a customer, can I add my personal account card here for that? Sometimes I may use the business account if I use it for resale, whatever for my business. Thank you.

Thread Information