Sell on eBid
eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: Regarding Site Update Notifications..

Default Regarding Site Update Notifications..

Hi - could not respond to the thread but..

Quote Originally Posted by gazza

Re: Site Update Notifications

UPDATE - USPS First Class package weight limits raised from 13oz to 16oz
    I hope that is just a typo - It is not 16 Oz. It is 15.9999 Oz - as soon as it hits 16.0 Oz (1 pound) it cannot go by first class package... so , I suppose as long as the weight is
    Code:
     if($weight < 16.00){$FCM_OK = true;}
    and not
    Code:
     if($weight <= 16.00)
    It will probably be fine

- Note LESS THAN 16.0 Oz would be correct , but "LESS THAN OR EQUAL TO" would be wrong..

I just read the site update and it hit me right off the bat about that minor little detail and I would *assume* that Gazza has it correct, but... we all know what ASSUME does...
    Many changes yet again, started a new venture, and you can watch my store grow here: Really Rural Woodworks

View JanetB's Feedback (+1175)
    All-About JanetB
    View JanetB's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: Regarding Site Update Notifications..

13oz is still the max limit for First Class Mail on the USPS site
    But I think this is changing on the 28th this month

http://about.usps.com/news/service-alerts/welcome.htm
    Last edited by jeweleffects; 25th August 2016 at 11:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Idealproductsales View Post
    I hope that is just a typo - It is not 16 Oz. It is 15.9999 Oz - as soon as it hits 16.0 Oz (1 pound) it cannot go by first class package... so , I suppose as long as the weight is
    Code:
    and not
    Code:
     if($weight <= 16.00)
    It will probably be fine

- Note LESS THAN 16.0 Oz would be correct , but "LESS THAN OR EQUAL TO" would be wrong..

I just read the site update and it hit me right off the bat about that minor little detail and I would *assume* that Gazza has it correct, but... we all know what ASSUME does...
    Quote Originally Posted by jeweleffects View Post

On January 27, 2016 - USPS first class maximum did indeed go from 13 oz to ... up to, but not including 16 oz . The caveat is that the increase is for commercial services only ... so if you use PayPal or another 3rd party to print shipping labels you will be fine. If you use USPS site to print labels or take your packages to the post office, 13 oz is still the maximum weight for first class.

Actually that 13 Oz limit is just for Retail Pricing - The commercial first class parcel rate happened earlier this year with the price updates (when first class mail packages went to 2.60 for the first 8 Oz) - It was also the case even before that for shippers that had a negotiated contract with USPS (We did from 2013-2015 ) where we could ship packages to 15.999 Oz by first class Parcel (Commercial Plus Pricing) - USPS Did away with CPP ,leaving only ComBase pricing (Commercial Base Price) (again at negotiated discount rates for volume shippers)

For a few weeks the first 8 Oz was $2.60 , while counter rate was cheaper at $2.45 for the first 3 Oz. - then they fixed that and the Commercial Rate for the first 3 Oz was matched the counter rate - then the rates for weight was at 9Oz = $3.30 10Oz = 3.35 11 Oz = 3.40 12 Oz = 3.45 13 Oz 3.50 14 Os 3.55 15Oz 3.60 and up to 15.9999 Oz = 3.65 4-8 Oz is $2.60 and the change happens for 1-3 Oz so now it will be 1-8 Oz goes at $2.60 (and that is negotiated commercial rates for high volume shippers) while the counter rate goes to $2.62

But , as noted - the package must be *less than* 16 Oz - if package makes USPS scale read 1.000 Lbs (16.000 Oz) then it'll have Postage Due added amounting to Priority Mail 1 Lb (or 2 Lb if it goes to even 16.01 Oz) Rate (assuming it is a package with a preprinted postage label and dropped off at post office) .. and just imagine your buyer's surprise at having to pay additional postage to pick up their package.. so I just wanted to make it very very clear that FCM can only go to 15.9999 Ounces - not 16 Ounces

We ship a lot of packages (50-100 a day) by USPS and 85% of it is First Class Parcel.. so I can quote those prices off the top of my head (note they are *COMMERCIAL PRICING* rates) - only time I go to USPS counter is to get my SCAN form scanned in when packages are taken in to the P.O.
    Many changes yet again, started a new venture, and you can watch my store grow here: Really Rural Woodworks

View JanetB's Feedback (+1175)
    All-About JanetB
    View JanetB's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by hurryb4itsgone View Post
    On January 27, 2016 - USPS first class maximum did indeed go from 13 oz to ... up to, but not including 16 oz . The caveat is that the increase is for commercial services only ... so if you use PayPal or another 3rd party to print shipping labels you will be fine. If you use USPS site to print labels or take your packages to the post office, 13 oz is still the maximum weight for first class.

Yup I go to the PO to ship my items, hence the 13oz limit.

Quote Originally Posted by jeweleffects View Post

I too heard a couple of months ago that USPS was increasing the price of the 1-3 OZ category but haven't seen any information on it for sure. Your link led to a USPS page but I searched the categories and didn't find anything about the increase. No news from Ina Steiner either and she's usually pretty good about announcing in advance.

View gazza's Feedback (+2)
    All-About gazza
    View gazza's Listings
    Forum Posts

Code:
    and not
    Code:
     if($weight <= 16.00)
    It will probably be fine

The coded checks are for < 16oz .. so 16oz exactly will show an error
    eBid.net
    Free to Bid | Free to List | Free to Enjoy
    GBP and USD Affiliate Program Re-Launched .. Promote eBid and earn
    Got a problem? Record it for us using http://screencast-o-matic.com/

I hope that is just a typo - It is not 16 Oz. It is 15.9999 Oz

Run your fingernail lightly over the packaging, removing 0.0001 Oz. There, fixed!
    Click for bargain auctions!

Dropbox for 2GB of offsite storage to simplify your life. Click here, to get an extra 500MB of space!

Thread Information