eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Email from ebid ? i broke the rules ?

View smurfury's Feedback (+1373)
    All-About smurfury
    View smurfury's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: Email from ebid ? i broke the rules ?

Hi Shesawaya.
    Thanks so much for your help and kind words.
    I have calmed down a bit as ebid haven't banned me yet lol !
    I will also take off all my phone socks and give them away as i really do not want any hassle.
    Again thank you, i wish you well.
    Julie.

You're so welcome - it was a case of "been there, done that and it don't feel so good"

I gave the bag away too - my D-I-L was thrilled

Happy Selling!!

View JaBek1's Feedback (+25)
    All-About JaBek1
    View JaBek1's Listings
    Forum Posts

Almost every cartoon character that has appeared in print, on television or in films is copyrighted and the property of the copyright owner. The merchandising of such items is usually controlled quite tightly by the copyright holder. You might contact the copyright owner and ask for a license to use the character, but that would they would probably want a hefty some for such an agreement. It might be best if you created a totally unique character for your phone socks.

View astral276's Feedback (+194)
    All-About astral276
    View astral276's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by JaBek1 View Post
    Almost every cartoon character that has appeared in print, on television or in films is copyrighted and the property of the copyright owner. The merchandising of such items is usually controlled quite tightly by the copyright holder. You might contact the copyright owner and ask for a license to use the character, but that would they would probably want a hefty some for such an agreement. It might be best if you created a totally unique character for your phone socks.
    How about 'The Blue Rabbit' (anyone remember him)?

You are right about images. I have noticed quite a few sellers producing items using images/characters that are copyright.

Quote Originally Posted by JaBek1 View Post
    The phone socks in question appeared to have been purchased by the seller as they appeared to be machine knitted and were prepackaged, not hand made by her.

All-About JaBek1
    View JaBek1's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Shesawaya38485 View Post
    The phone socks in question appeared to have been purchased by the seller as they appeared to be machine knitted and were prepackaged, not hand made by her.
    I imagine that it would be possible to find a company to produce the socks with one's own character. Even if in limited quantity runs.

All-About JaBek1
    View JaBek1's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by astral276 View Post
    How about 'The Blue Rabbit' (anyone remember him)?

You are right about images. I have noticed quite a few sellers producing items using images/characters that are copyright.
    I can't say I'm familiar with that one.

The problem with sellers using copyrighted images is that it is sometimes hard for the copyright owner to police the whole world. Of course, large companies like Disney have more resources to expend on seeking out instances of infringement, but should the copyright owner discover the infringement they don't have to be a mega-corporation to seek remedy.

Hi,
    If you have not got rid of the items have you thought about selling them on another platform? I do not mean the greedy one but
    what about the free sites? I would buy one from you. Also what about contacting previous buyers they may have friends that
    would buy from you. Also what about giving some as presents for friends as Christmas is just around the corner. You can also
    sell on facebook.

Thread Information