My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: It will flippin work!

Default It will flippin work!

As I am at the kitchen table having a cuppa this would appear to be the place to post.
    Having taken listings that sell for me else where and listed them here, I see activity in the way of views but nothing in sales. The other internet sites I don't promote through facebook and twitter at all and they are ticking along nicely, where as here I at least try with promotion.

So still not cracked how to get selling, but I shall persist! Christmas printing will be busy so working on ebid may tail off next month and pick up again in January.

It will work...
    It will work...
    It will work...

Janners

Northampton, Northamptonshire, United Kingdom
    View bluebedouin's Feedback (+107)
    All-About bluebedouin
    View bluebedouin's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: It will flippin work!

Quote Originally Posted by jannersmugs View Post
    Having taken listings that sell for me else where and listed them here, I see activity in the way of views but nothing in sales....
    Therein lies the rub!You're selling the same items for the same price.As sad as it seems,ebid is still not well known enough for people to browse here.A lot of views probably come from a google search but if a potential customer sees your items together (ebid/ebay) they're not going to come from a site they know to one they don't,to pay the same price.

So still not cracked how to get selling,
    So,in order to get the sales here you have to give them an incentive.The different fee structures give you a fair bit of leeway to adjust your prices.Try reducing them by a quid here or put 'em up a quid on t'other place.

I much prefer the "put them up" approach .
    My first action is to see how it does side by side at the same cost as one of the other sites, then to later look at pricing effects, you have pre-empted me a bit there.
    It will be interesting to see how things rank in google, as we know people get bored very quickly and if something isn't on page 1 or 2 the shopper dozes off!

On and up with the world of the internet.

Janners

View JanetB's Feedback (+1175)
    All-About JanetB
    View JanetB's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bluebedouin View Post
    Therein lies the rub!You're selling the same items for the same price.As sad as it seems,ebid is still not well known enough for people to browse here.A lot of views probably come from a google search but if a potential customer sees your items together (ebid/ebay) they're not going to come from a site they know to one they don't,to pay the same price.

So,in order to get the sales here you have to give them an incentive.The different fee structures give you a fair bit of leeway to adjust your prices.Try reducing them by a quid here or put 'em up a quid on t'other place.

I totally agree with this. I sell on other sites with different prices and try to make sure my titles are different as well and make sure I am not competing with myself.

You must have inspired me over the pond! I have just been looking at google shopping, I don't really rank very well there at all, so my sales on other sites must come from their internal traffic. My line of thinking therefore is that I'll look to make the titles on ebid as google friendly as I can.

Always a lot of learning to do!

Hmmm
    All suggestions taken on board, prices changed to give a significant incentive to buy from ebid, and still no sales even though being plugged, whilst no plugging for other sites is seeing sales. Not sure what is going on.
    I must have missed something somewhere!

Janners

Have you tried any social networking sites ? I know I've had a couple of sales here lately that have come about because of advertising on Pinterest !

Hi Cornishmaid
    Facebook and twitter have been the route for that side of things.

Thread Information