eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ebid buy now button website intergration - possible?

View sidthelamp's Feedback (+541)
    All-About sidthelamp
    View sidthelamp's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: Ebid buy now button website intergration - possible?

Quote Originally Posted by johnwash1 View Post
    But BreizhLED's request sounds reasonable to me, if I've understood it correctly. I assume he wants me, a potential buyer, not knowing of the existence of ebid, to visit his website BreizhLED.example.com, find some lovely item there that is also listed on ebid, click on BUY, and be taken through ebid's payment system, resulting in a final value fee for ebid.

What's not to like?

Or have I misunderstood?

I think the trouble is that none, or few, of us (certainly not me) are familiar with how ebay offers website integration. Or even intergration.
    is this hard to understand

"The point being that I would prefer my paying clients not leave my website to visit another before making their intended purchase!"
    http://uk.ebid.net/stores/under pressure

MY ATTITUDE IS A RESULT OF YOUR ACTIONS!!!
    IF YOU DONT LIKE IT BLAME YOURSELF.

Quote Originally Posted by sidthelamp View Post
    is this hard to understand

"The point being that I would prefer my paying clients not leave my website to visit another before making their intended purchase!"
    Yes Sid, that part's very easy to understand. The part I'm unfamiliar with is how ebay arrange it so you can do that. If we knew that it would presumably be easier to know what to propose ebid implement.

Do you know?
    Click for bargain auctions!

Dropbox for 2GB of offsite storage to simplify your life. Click here, to get an extra 500MB of space!

View sidthelamp's Feedback (+541)
    All-About sidthelamp
    View sidthelamp's Listings
    Forum Posts

Yes Sid, that part's very easy to understand. The part I'm unfamiliar with is how ebay arrange it so you can do that. If we knew that it would presumably be easier to know what to propose ebid implement.

Do you know?
    i dont want to propose what ebid should be doing, i dont discuss how feebay do anything this is ebid not connected to feebay in any way
    http://uk.ebid.net/stores/under pressure

MY ATTITUDE IS A RESULT OF YOUR ACTIONS!!!
    IF YOU DONT LIKE IT BLAME YOURSELF.

Quote Originally Posted by sidthelamp View Post
    i dont want to propose what ebid should be doing, i dont discuss how feebay do anything this is ebid not connected to feebay in any way
    Absolutely it's not ebay in any way. But plagiarise, plagiarise, let no one's work evade your eyes!

Good designers don't ignore the experience of others. Otherwise they fall into NIH syndrome and come up with square wheels. Ebay's far from perfect. But there are lessons to learn from that site, and others too.

Dropbox for 2GB of offsite storage to simplify your life. Click here, to get an extra 500MB of space!

Forum Newbie
    All-About BreizhLED
    View BreizhLED's Listings
    Forum Posts

But BreizhLED's request sounds reasonable to me, if I've understood it correctly. I assume he wants me, a potential buyer, not knowing of the existence of ebid, to visit his website BreizhLED.example.com, find some lovely item there that is also listed on ebid, click on BUY, and be taken through ebid's payment system, resulting in a final value fee for ebid.

What's not to like?

Or have I misunderstood?

I think the trouble is that none, or few, of us (certainly not me) are familiar with how ebay offers website integration. Or even intergration.

You Sir have assumed correctly! Indeed, I had never specified taking clients from ebid to my site in anyway shape or form.

WHY would I do that? I fail to see this logic! If there is enough custom here for my products then there would be absolutely no issue! There would be no need whatsoever to advertise 'MY' website here if all my customers were already here!

I thank you again for your intelligent reply.

Quote Originally Posted by BreizhLED View Post
    You Sir have assumed correctly! Indeed, I had never specified taking clients from ebid to my site in anyway shape or form.

WHY would I do that? I fail to see this logic! If there is enough custom here for my products then there would be absolutely no issue! There would be no need whatsoever to advertise 'MY' website here if all my customers were already here!

I thank you again for your intelligent reply.
    [blush!]

OK, so we now know our thinking is on the same wavelength. And that, of course, there's no evil intent, you're not trying to be unfair to ebid. But, looking at the remarks so far in this thread, we're no further forward, because nobody who's responded is familiar with how this integration is provided on ebay.

If you can give more of that detail, perhaps some examples, we might be more able to gather some enthusiasm for the idea. But right now we're as clueless as turkeys voting for Christmas.

When I say 'detail' I don't mean how the ebay website achieves all this for you, all the nuts and bolts of it (though if you do know, sure, that would help). I'm meaning what does it look like to you as a seller, what do you put on your own web site to make all this happen?
    Last edited by johnwash1; 14th December 2016 at 04:57 PM. Reason: typo

Thread Information