eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ebid buy now button website intergration - possible?

Forum Newbie
    All-About BreizhLED
    View BreizhLED's Listings
    Forum Posts

Question Ebid buy now button website intergration - possible?

Hello EBID Forum!

I have opened my EBID account due to being incredibly fed up with the Paypal and Ebay Siamese partnership.

I will confess, I am a little dis-heartened by the negative reviews EBID had received, but in any case, here I am,
    and hope it will indeed be a fruitful experience.

I would very much like to know if it is indeed possible to have my store products integrated into my website.

Ebay of course has plenty of options for this - however, I hope to avoid using Ebay ever again.

Are there any APPS or Widgets capable of doing this? Is there anything in the pipeline?

Any information regarding this would be most helpful!

Many thanks in advance.

Forum Newbie
    All-About BreizhLED
    Forum Posts

Default Re: Ebid buy now button website intergration - possible?

Bump!

View sidthelamp's Feedback (+541)
    All-About sidthelamp
    View sidthelamp's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by BreizhLED View Post
    Hello EBID Forum!

I have opened my EBID account due to being incredibly fed up with the Paypal and Ebay Siamese partnership.

I will confess, I am a little dis-heartened by the negative reviews EBID had received, but in any case, here I am,
    and hope it will indeed be a fruitful experience.

I would very much like to know if it is indeed possible to have my store products integrated into my website.

Ebay of course has plenty of options for this - however, I hope to avoid using Ebay ever again.

Are there any APPS or Widgets capable of doing this? Is there anything in the pipeline?

Any information regarding this would be most helpful!

Many thanks in advance.
    if your website is e-commerce website then no you would be using ebid to take traffic away from ebid, you can link your store on ebid through your website ie a direct link from website to your store here,just use your store erl
    http://uk.ebid.net/stores/under pressure

MY ATTITUDE IS A RESULT OF YOUR ACTIONS!!!
    IF YOU DONT LIKE IT BLAME YOURSELF.

Forum Newbie
    All-About BreizhLED
    Forum Posts

Hi, Thank you for the reply.

OK - Clarification time!

I don't understand how I would be taking traffic from anyone. If my customers are already aware of EBID, they can feel free to visit at anytime,
    If my customers are not aware of EBID, - Then it is indeed I supplying the traffic!

If anything EBID could convert MY traffic into a sale for someone else! WOULD I GET PAID FOR THAT?

The point being that I would prefer my paying clients not leave my website to visit another before making their intended purchase!

And I guess you are saying that this is not possible?

All-About sidthelamp
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by BreizhLED View Post
    Hi, Thank you for the reply.

OK - Clarification time!

I don't understand how I would be taking traffic from anyone. If my customers are already aware of EBID, they can feel free to visit at anytime,
    If my customers are not aware of EBID, - Then it is indeed I supplying the traffic!

If anything EBID could convert MY traffic into a sale for someone else! WOULD I GET PAID FOR THAT?

The point being that I would prefer my paying clients not leave my website to visit another before making their intended purchase!

And I guess you are saying that this is not possible?

if you have a item for sale on ebid and you add a link in the description to a e-commerce web site you are breaking the rules

if you have a link to a e-commerce web site on your "about me page"" your breaking the rules

Selling Off Site/The posting of Contact Details.

• Attempts to sell off-site will mean the removal of all auctions of the seller in question. If a Q&A is received offering to buy the only response is to ask them to make a bid.

"I don't understand how I would be taking traffic from anyone. If my customers are already aware of EBID, they can feel free to visit at anytime,
    If my customers are not aware of EBID, - Then it is indeed I supplying the traffic!"

you do realise if you take away a buying customer from ebid ebid will not get the fees if any associated with the sale, there would be no incentive for that buyer to return or sign up, you would be doing a injustice to ebid and your fellow sellers, what your advocating is pimping using ebid to generate sales for you off site.

View JanetB's Feedback (+1175)
    All-About JanetB
    View JanetB's Listings
    Forum Posts

I think the OP is asking if there is a way to create a selling platform on their own website with links back to their eBid listings (which is perfectly ok). There used to be a button we could click on (each page) and it would create a coded page to insert on our own websites and it would automatically keep listings up to date (I forget what this is called - PHP I think) but I don't see that option any more. I used to have my own website and I created my own 'shop' with links back to my listings (as I didn't understand the other procedure). As long as all of my listings linked back to eBid and I didn't have any links to other ecommerce sites, I was fine and within eBid rules.
    Last edited by jeweleffects; 30th November 2016 at 05:55 PM.

All-About sidthelamp
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jeweleffects View Post
    I think the OP is asking if there is a way to create a selling platform on their own website with links back to their eBid listings (which is perfectly ok). There used to be a button we could click on (each page) and it would create a coded page to insert on our own websites and it would automatically keep listings up to date (I forget what this is called - PHP I think) but I don't see that option any more. I used to have my own website and I created my own 'shop' with links back to my listings (as I didn't understand the other procedure). As long as all of my listings linked back to eBid and I didn't have any links to other ecommerce sites, I was fine and within eBid rules.

"The point being that I would prefer my paying clients not leave my website to visit another before making their intended purchase!"

View JanetB's Feedback (+1175)
    All-About JanetB
    View JanetB's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by sidthelamp View Post
    "The point being that I would prefer my paying clients not leave my website to visit another before making their intended purchase!"
    AAAhhhh, I missed that bit. Text on this forum is too small for my eyes. Thanks for pointing that out to me Sid

All-About sidthelamp
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jeweleffects View Post
    AAAhhhh, I missed that bit. Text on this forum is too small for my eyes. Thanks for pointing that out to me Sid

thats ok chuck

But BreizhLED's request sounds reasonable to me, if I've understood it correctly. I assume he wants me, a potential buyer, not knowing of the existence of ebid, to visit his website BreizhLED.example.com, find some lovely item there that is also listed on ebid, click on BUY, and be taken through ebid's payment system, resulting in a final value fee for ebid.

What's not to like?

Or have I misunderstood?

I think the trouble is that none, or few, of us (certainly not me) are familiar with how ebay offers website integration. Or even intergration.
    Click for bargain auctions!

Dropbox for 2GB of offsite storage to simplify your life. Click here, to get an extra 500MB of space!

Thread Information