eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: Serious Problem with People

Forum Newbie
    View pinefalls's Feedback (+1)
    All-About pinefalls
    View pinefalls's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Serious Problem with People

Good morning everyone I have something I would like to share here that happened,,,,I posted a charity fund raiser on the charity forum for a family in need,,,I also have the add on a few outside sites and I got a phone call from a John ****** who told me he helps many people and sent me a link to view an interview with him and a person in need,,,so I watched the video and was very impressed,,,he then called me and me and my mom and brother met him at a local reataurant in Winnipeg Manitoba Canada,,he told me that he would help this family and he handed me a cheque for the amount of $19,900.00 dollars on the Dec 12 2016 Yesterday the cheque bounced and it was a fake the family is devastated and really hurt by what this man has done,,,,I contacted CIBC Bank as well as his branch and I also contacted CBC News where he did this interview,,,I am so sickened by the lies people do to people in need this family has already gone through enough,,,now they have more problems to deal with because the bank gave them $200.00 dollars towards the cheque until it clears to help them for food,,,,now they owe the bank back the money and have to cancel all the the things they ordered for there sons grave and for there home etcc...Just thought I would share this with everyone

PS Maybe will be aired on the local winnipeg news tonight about what I just talked about

Default Re: Serious Problem with People

I've never heard of a cheque bouncing that quickly so that the payee had notice of it and had it returned to them within three days. Usually the process takes in the neighbourhood of at least two weeks.

(I've had NSF cheques written to me and I also spent twenty-five years of my life working for one of the major chartered banks here in Canada.)

But, yes, I do agree that there are many dishonest people in the world. There are lots of scammers about.

It's fortunate that there are so many kind, decent, honest, generous people in the world to balance out the unscrupulous ones.

Forum Saint
    View moonwitch's Feedback (+1616)
    All-About moonwitch
    View moonwitch's Listings
    Forum Posts

My experience is that most people are honest and generous
    Last edited by moonwitch; 16th December 2016 at 10:26 PM.

Forum Newbie
    View pinefalls's Feedback (+1)
    All-About pinefalls
    View pinefalls's Listings
    Forum Posts

i can send you a copy of the bank statement it cleared in 5 days from td bank to cibc

Quote Originally Posted by pinefalls View Post
    i can send you a copy of the bank statement it cleared in 5 days from td bank to cibc
    If you say so, that's fine. I don't want to see a copy of anything. Five days from the 12th ... and this post was written on the 16th.

I'll watch for the news story on the CBC. Maybe CTV will pick it up too.

Sounds as though it was someone mental, rather than a scammer.

Usually the scam is that a cheque on a foreign bank is presented, for an amount in excess of an item you've sold (along with some wierd but half believable story), and you're asked to pay the balance. The bank honour the cheque. Then several weeks later after it's gone through international clearing and been found to be fraudulent the bank sucks the money back out of your account.
    Click for bargain auctions!

Dropbox for 2GB of offsite storage to simplify your life. Click here, to get an extra 500MB of space!

Stratford, Greater London, United Kingdom
    View billsstamps's Feedback (+31499)
    All-About billsstamps
    View billsstamps's Listings
    Forum Posts

An experience like this damages your faith in people for a long time.
    Rev Dr Bill Hopkinson,
    Retired professor

BillsStamps

around 50000 stamps listed, based in London

Haverfordwest, Pembrokeshire, United Kingdom
    View olivia8143's Feedback (+1394)
    All-About olivia8143
    View olivia8143's Listings
    Forum Posts

That's strange, all of pinefalls istings are gone. Do you think it has anything to do with deanosaur's comment on this thread http://www.ebid.net/forums/showthrea...-small-problem

Forum Saint
    View moonwitch's Feedback (+1616)
    All-About moonwitch
    View moonwitch's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by olivia8143 View Post
    That's strange, all of pinefalls istings are gone. Do you think it has anything to do with deanosaur's comment on this thread http://www.ebid.net/forums/showthrea...-small-problem
    I wouldn't dream of assuming anything....so won't add any more comments

Quote Originally Posted by olivia8143 View Post
    Removed by the seller? Or removed by eBid? We'll probably never know.
    Click for bargain auctions!

Dropbox for 2GB of offsite storage to simplify your life. Click here, to get an extra 500MB of space!

Thread Information