My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 21 of 22 FirstFirst ... 111213141516171819202122 LastLast

Thread: 2c Deposit to PayPal account ?

Default Re: 2c Deposit to PayPal account ?

I see that some of you are refusing these payments.

I don't have that option.

Is there something that needs to be changed in settings to allow me to refuse these payments?

The payments now come in a set up that charges me fees in the amount that is sent, so it's a net nil deposit now.

Thornton Cleveleys, Lancashire, United Kingdom
    View cheaver's Feedback (+1050)
    All-About cheaver
    View cheaver's Listings
    Forum Posts

[QUOTE=FirstGreenIsGold;1717075]

I don't have that option

Are you sure Marie?

I clicked on the item in my pp account and there were 2 buttons, 1 to click to accept, the other to click to decline.

I presume this is because I am in UK and the sender is in New Jersey, USA?

I clicked the decline button and the 1c was immediately struck through. I didn't have to change any settings.

Also, I had until 4th March to deal with it. If I had chosen not to deal with it then PP would automatically return it after that date.

[QUOTE=cheaver;1717077]
    Quote Originally Posted by FirstGreenIsGold View Post

I don't have that option

Are you sure Marie?

I clicked on the item in my pp account and there were 2 buttons, 1 to click to accept, the other to click to decline.

I presume this is because I am in UK and the sender is in New Jersey, USA?

I clicked the decline button and the 1c was immediately struck through. I didn't have to change any settings.

Also, I had until 4th March to deal with it. If I had chosen not to deal with it then PP would automatically return it after that date.

I just received another one the other day so I just went to the item and had a look. The money was marked received and I can't see any accept / decline buttons. The money is coming from the US, but my paypal account has Canadian and US currrency categories, so maybe that affects whether the buttons come up or not, I don't know.

Next I looked through the settings for receiving money and don't see anything that looks like a setup for this option. Then I went to the help section.

Thornton Cleveleys, Lancashire, United Kingdom
    View cheaver's Feedback (+1050)
    All-About cheaver
    View cheaver's Listings
    Forum Posts

I think you are right re your currency setup. You will have to contact them sadly. I hate doing that...... It is so difficult with languages.

On your summary page right next to paypal balance there are three dots, click on it and close currency then take US currency off

View madelaine's Feedback (+5872)
    All-About madelaine
    View madelaine's Listings
    Forum Posts

Now this is starting to give me trouble - a "buyer" logged a complaint and they refunded his money - costing me 1c. I had phoned to complain before the refund but was kept on hold for an hour, after which I ran out of patience.

P.S. I've now closed the US$ part of my account so I'll have to accept such payments in future.
    Last edited by madelaine; 25th March 2020 at 02:25 PM.
    Madelaine

4 shops for Cats Protection & Prospect Hospice
    My Postcard Shop
    BK Stamps for Philatelic listings
    & Yarnalong for craft patterns
    and
    Lotzabitz -anything that doesn't belong in one of the other shops.

Quote Originally Posted by madelaine View Post
    Now this is starting to give me trouble - a "buyer" logged a complaint and they refunded his money - costing me 1c. I had phoned to complain before the refund but was kept on hold for an hour, after which I ran out of patience.

P.S. I've now closed the US$ part of my account so I'll have to accept such payments in future.
    I assume that was a micropayments account, Madelaine?

On a normal account refunds are now much worse. Years ago a refund cost you nothing. Then they changed it to keeping the 30p part of your fee. From last month they changed it again, they keep the whole fee. So if someone buys a £100 item, Paypal put £96.80 in your account, and if the buyer cancels, then they get their £100 back, but you lose £3.20.
    Click for bargain auctions!

Dropbox for 2GB of offsite storage to simplify your life. Click here, to get an extra 500MB of space!

View madelaine's Feedback (+5872)
    All-About madelaine
    View madelaine's Listings
    Forum Posts

Yes, John - I have two accounts and the normal one has not been affected yet.
    Madelaine

4 shops for Cats Protection & Prospect Hospice
    My Postcard Shop
    BK Stamps for Philatelic listings
    & Yarnalong for craft patterns
    and
    Lotzabitz -anything that doesn't belong in one of the other shops.

some one has just paid an E-cheque into my paypal for £7.63 as a
    buyer, but i am not selling anything anywhere, it doesnt state an address of what it's for, any ideas anyone name is Dale Perales and there email addy is from a different name g-mail account, bit flumoxed with this one

Quote Originally Posted by buttons-and-bows View Post
    some one has just paid an E-cheque into my paypal for £7.63 as a
    buyer, but i am not selling anything anywhere, it doesnt state an address of what it's for, any ideas anyone name is Dale Perales and there email addy is from a different name g-mail account, bit flumoxed with this one
    I'd suggest contacting Paypal and getting them to cancel it sooner rather than later.
    I say this as I had one of theose mysterious payments for £7.77, using a redundant email address of mine, last summer, gave it no thought, then in January this year the individual put in an "unathorised transaction" claim. As there was no goods attached to the payment it was automatically ruled in the claimants favour.
    They have only in the past week taken the funds out of my account, and because of the fluctuations in currency, it has removed £8.43.

Hope this helps.
    Jason
    BigKidsAttic - Action Figure Adoption Agency (Fee's Appy), and supplier of collectible comics.

Thread Information