eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: eBid when will this change start ?

Default eBid when will this change start ?

We'll be going offline for around an hour on Saturday around 7am London, 2am New York, 11pm (Friday) San Francisco to install some updates.

Some improvements to mobile layouts and also an update to allow listings to retain their ID#s throughout their lifetime (and to keep the same URL throughout) in order to help with search engine optimisation.

Gazza

Gazza when will this change start ? I've just checked while reposting and my listing numbers are still changing when reposted. It would be wonderful to keep the same ID's it would save so much time on having to update social media sites.

Forum Saint
    View Anniemcc2's Feedback (+3934)
    All-About Anniemcc2
    View Anniemcc2's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: eBid when will this change start ?

Name:  bump.gif
Views: 337
Size:  6.1 KB

Forum Saint
    View moonwitch's Feedback (+1616)
    All-About moonwitch
    View moonwitch's Listings
    Forum Posts

We have discussed this option in the past and I would love to see this fixed

Does Gazza really read the Kitchen Table forum? That sounds to me like a triumph of optimism over reality! If this thread were in Website Suggestions I'd be more hopeful.
    Click for bargain auctions!

Dropbox for 2GB of offsite storage to simplify your life. Click here, to get an extra 500MB of space!

Quote Originally Posted by johnwash1 View Post
    Does Gazza really read the Kitchen Table forum? That sounds to me like a triumph of optimism over reality! If this thread were in Website Suggestions I'd be more hopeful.

O.K. I've moved it on your suggestion John. I didn't quite know which forum to use as it's not a website suggestion so that's why I put it in the Kitchen Table originally.

Quote Originally Posted by cornishmaid1961 View Post

O.K. I've moved it on your suggestion John. I didn't quite know which forum to use as it's not a website suggestion so that's why I put it in the Kitchen Table originally.
    Oh, didn't know one could move a thread. Neat. So much to learn, so little time.

Surely keeping the same ID is a website suggestion, or so I feel. But let's not fall out about it!!

Dropbox for 2GB of offsite storage to simplify your life. Click here, to get an extra 500MB of space!

Oh, didn't know one could move a thread. Neat. So much to learn, so little time.

Surely keeping the same ID is a website suggestion, or so I feel. But let's not fall out about it!!

Lol, well I suppose it was a suggestion by Americrafts originally but now Gazza has said it's actually going to happen I was just asking the question when will that be ?!
    I was hoping it would have been instant when the site went down for the update but my listing numbers are still changing.

A reply would be nice Gazza. I'm fed up of spending so much time having to refresh my Pinterest photos because of the broken links when a listing ends.

If you do a fresh listing from scratch (set it to expire as quickly as poss) and then relist, perhaps that one keeps its ID?

Maybe it was difficult for the site to change existing listings to the new scheme?

If you do a fresh listing from scratch (set it to expire as quickly as poss) and then relist, perhaps that one keeps its ID?

Maybe it was difficult for the site to change existing listings to the new scheme?

Maybe John. It would be nice if someone from eBid could just tell us instead of having to experiment ?!

View gazza's Feedback (+2)
    All-About gazza
    View gazza's Listings
    Forum Posts

We did the hard work for the change on Saturday morning but are fixing a small problem we located to the public side of the new facility as we speak that won't require any more downtime when it goes live.

I'll update the forum message to reflect this.

Gazza
    eBid.net
    Free to Bid | Free to List | Free to Enjoy
    GBP and USD Affiliate Program Re-Launched .. Promote eBid and earn
    Got a problem? Record it for us using http://screencast-o-matic.com/

Thread Information