Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: back into ebid

Harrogate, North Yorkshire, United Kingdom
    View gbsbks2010's Feedback (+1958)
    All-About gbsbks2010
    View gbsbks2010's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: back into ebid

It's been days since I have been able to get on to ebid. You do not realize how much you rely on ebid being reliable and take all the background work on the site for granted.
    I am so pleased everything has now been sorted and I can start listing again

Kirton In Lindsey, Lincolnshire, United Kingdom
    View yellerbelly's Feedback (+97)
    All-About yellerbelly
    View yellerbelly's Listings
    Forum Posts

When I could not access ebid I thought it was me!!!!, not being a facebook user was unable to access info so emailed cheaver to check and she informed me of the problem.

I have been in touch with Cheaver by email and she is still unable to access ebid, apparently the reason being because Talk Talk have not updated Ebid's IP address, wonder how many others are having the same problem as the reply to the question how long would it take for Talk Talk to update the reply was 'How long is a piece of string'.

Quote Originally Posted by babushska View Post
    When I could not access ebid I thought it was me!!!!, not being a facebook user was unable to access info so emailed cheaver to check and she informed me of the problem.

I have been in touch with Cheaver by email and she is still unable to access ebid, apparently the reason being because Talk Talk have not updated Ebid's IP address, wonder how many others are having the same problem as the reply to the question how long would it take for Talk Talk to update the reply was 'How long is a piece of string'.
    Hmmm, I wonder if that was affecting my ability to get on too. I too use TalkTalk and have only just been able to get back on now. Although I could access it via my phone app around 12 noon, and they aren't TalkTalk.
    Anyway, glad to be back and fingers crossed we all stay back

Jason
    BigKidsAttic - Action Figure Adoption Agency (Fee's Appy), and supplier of collectible comics.

Thornton Cleveleys, Lancashire, United Kingdom
    View cheaver's Feedback (+1050)
    All-About cheaver
    View cheaver's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by babushska View Post

Not home but can access via kindle wifi. Talk Talk router. But friend cannot access via laptop yet.

14th September @ 4.31 pm - JUST got back in despite 'is eBid down right now' site saying site was UP.

In case anyone is not aware of this site: http://www.isitdownrightnow.com/ebid.net.html

Forum Master
    View tony41's Feedback (+10028)
    All-About tony41
    View tony41's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by love_to_stitch View Post
    14th September @ 4.31 pm - JUST got back in despite 'is eBid down right now' site saying site was UP.

In case anyone is not aware of this site: http://www.isitdownrightnow.com/ebid.net.html
    Could your problem have been with your browser/ISP? I've been back for 48 hours now.

Nope,Tony. Both browsers were the same and all cache deleted etc. etc.

Thornton Cleveleys, Lancashire, United Kingdom
    View cheaver's Feedback (+1050)
    All-About cheaver
    View cheaver's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by tony41 View Post
    Could your problem have been with your browser/ISP? I've been back for 48 hours now.

No. The site said eBid was definitely up and running when it was not.
    The failure by Talk Talk not to update eBid new IP address in a timely manner has been issue for me.
    It remains to be seen if I can access when I get home again shortly.

View sucadot's Feedback (+845)
    All-About sucadot
    View sucadot's Listings
    Forum Posts

I've just got back on too - I could access the site with my phone but not on the laptop until now. Possibly Talk Talk has been slower than others to update? .....
    [SIGPIC]
    view my listings here

Thread Information