eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: What do you do if a buyer won't leave feedback, but keeps buying repeatedly?

Default Re: What do you do if a buyer won't leave feedback, but keeps buying repeatedly?

Items can go out of stock at any time. It's unreasonable to expect people to check their email and get up in the middle of the night to update their eBid listings because something sold somewhere else and is out of stock.

Quote Originally Posted by BigKidsAttic View Post
    If you are that concerned with getting feedback from offering discounts to repeat buyers, then why don't you include a slip in each sale that has a unique code
    That's a great idea. I was also thinking of asking about whether I could advertise a first time buyer discount in the title of a listing. I mentioned free shipping in a listing before and got in trouble for that. I believe it has to do with Google shopping restrictions. Once trust is established from the first sale, buyers have no trouble coming back.

View madelaine's Feedback (+5873)
    All-About madelaine
    View madelaine's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: What do you do if a buyer won't leave feedback, but keeps buying repeatedly?

Quote Originally Posted by stopusingebay View Post
    Items can go out of stock at any time. It's unreasonable to expect people to check their email and get up in the middle of the night to update their eBid listings because something sold somewhere else and is out of stock.

Don't list in two places unless you have two items.
    Madelaine

4 shops for Cats Protection & Prospect Hospice
    My Postcard Shop
    BK Stamps for Philatelic listings
    & Yarnalong for craft patterns
    and
    Lotzabitz -anything that doesn't belong in one of the other shops.

Forum Saint
    View moonwitch's Feedback (+1616)
    All-About moonwitch
    View moonwitch's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by madelaine View Post
    That's what I do.At one time I was listing on half a dozen or so sites but never the same item on 2 or more sites unless I could cover the eventuallity that they all sold at once

View JanetB's Feedback (+1175)
    All-About JanetB
    View JanetB's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by madelaine View Post
    I was just going to say that.
    I have never listed the same (1) item in different venues before.
    To me, 'out of stock' means drop shipping.

I believe it's far better for the over all well being of eBid.net that items are made available for sale, rather than worry about a 1% chance that an out of stock situation will occur. Making it so that users are not allowed to sell particular items anywhere other than here would be a great way to make a bunch of sellers leave. eBid has an import feature and it's a really good feature.

Forum Saint
    View moonwitch's Feedback (+1616)
    All-About moonwitch
    View moonwitch's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by AmeriCrafts View Post
    I was just going to say that.
    I have never listed the same (1) item in different venues before.
    To me, 'out of stock' means drop shipping.
    Just about all of my listings are dropshipped. I can't recall any time since 2008 that I have had to tell a buyer that their wanted item was out of stock

I have to work very long hours to check all of my items every day which I wouldn't have to do if all the stock was at home.
    Last edited by moonwitch; 9th October 2018 at 06:14 AM.

View madelaine's Feedback (+5873)
    All-About madelaine
    View madelaine's Listings
    Forum Posts

I believe it's far better for the over all well being of eBid.net that items are made available for sale, rather than worry about a 1% chance that an out of stock situation will occur. Making it so that users are not allowed to sell particular items anywhere other than here would be a great way to make a bunch of sellers leave. eBid has an import feature and it's a really good feature.
    We will agree to disagree.
    Madelaine

4 shops for Cats Protection & Prospect Hospice
    My Postcard Shop
    BK Stamps for Philatelic listings
    & Yarnalong for craft patterns
    and
    Lotzabitz -anything that doesn't belong in one of the other shops.

Quote Originally Posted by BigKidsAttic
    If you are that concerned with getting feedback from offering discounts to repeat buyers, then why don't you include a slip in each sale that has a unique code

That's a great idea. I was also thinking of asking about whether I could advertise a first time buyer discount in the title of a listing. I mentioned free shipping in a listing before and got in trouble for that. I believe it has to do with Google shopping restrictions. Once trust is established from the first sale, buyers have no trouble coming back.
    Yes, it is a great idea, I might start doing that. And I might make it conditional on leaving feedback!

Seems to me there are other things you should focus on first to ramp up your sales. Perhaps it's because you're overseas from me, but I only see 18 items currently on offer... need to get a lot more listings up. The one I viewed (about inverter repairs) had lots of useful info included. Really nice. Payment methods? You don't simply accept Paypal? You imagine a first time buyer is going to be comfortable just sending unprotected funds to you? My word, that sure needs a reality check!
    Click for bargain auctions!

Dropbox for 2GB of offsite storage to simplify your life. Click here, to get an extra 500MB of space!

Yes, I fully understand the impact of not accepting PayPal. I'm not complaining about lack of sales due to that. This situation was about selling silver bullion, and you really can't accept PayPal for that and also have good prices, since the profit margin is so small. One charge back and there go all the profits from ~15 sales, not to mention the 2.9% fee which is getting close to half of a typical dealer mark up.

I can raise the price and accept PayPal and bring in a new customer, feedback, and trust that way. I could lower the price and encourage someone new to buy using a check or money order - or not. The same repeat customer now knows to snatch them up when the price is lowered, and then never leave feedback.

View purplestevie's Feedback (+8205)
    All-About purplestevie
    View purplestevie's Listings
    Forum Posts

Be careful If you have multi buyers, leaving feedback before payment is a no no especially if they dont pay!

Thread Information