eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: What do you do if a buyer won't leave feedback, but keeps buying repeatedly?

Default What do you do if a buyer won't leave feedback, but keeps buying repeatedly?

If I lower the price on my silver coins to encourage someone to buy and leave me feedback to build my rating, this buyer will snatch them up at a good price and never leave feedback. The 3rd time has just happened now. He said he would leave feedback in a message, but it's been two days and it hasn't happened. The previous two transactions are past 75 days now.

It looks like the support forums are cleaned out regularly, so I thought it would be better to post here.

Huddersfield, West Yorkshire, United Kingdom
    View Huddylion's Feedback (+4843)
    All-About Huddylion
    View Huddylion's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: What do you do if a buyer won't leave feedback, but keeps buying repeatedly?

Not a lot you can do, to be honest, I have lost count of buyers who haven't left me feedback but it's not a problem, for me anymore but I can understand your frustration when trying to build your feedback up
    My feedback of
    is 100% positive and has all been earnt here on Ebid

View JanetB's Feedback (+1175)
    All-About JanetB
    View JanetB's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: What do you do if a buyer won't leave feedback, but keeps buying repeatedly?

I've had many buyers (some repeat customers) not leave feedback at all. Do I worry? Heck no! I'm just happy the transaction went smoothly, all was paid and shipped.

If it is feedback you are after, consider joining/participating in the YDC charity auctions every month running from 24th - 28th ~ this will build up your reputation.
    Last edited by AmeriCrafts; 1st October 2018 at 08:56 PM.

Forum Master
    View tony41's Feedback (+10028)
    All-About tony41
    View tony41's Listings
    Forum Posts

I agree with Huddy. There's nothing you can do to make a buyer give you feedback.
    I have one question. Do you give him feedback and if so, when.? I always give feedback as soon as a buyer has paid. As far as I concerned, the buyer has fulfilled his obligations at this point. In the event of problems developing with the transaction subsequentl, you can always change feedback here on eBid.

I always give feedback, but usually not immediately. I saw some give a neutral "waiting for feedback" to the buyer. It seems like a good idea. I suppose I could temporarily ban a particular user from buying things from me. I just wondered if anyone had any clever solutions. I considered sending two packages for two purchases, and not sending the second one until feedback had been left for the first one.

All-About JanetB
    View JanetB's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by tony41 View Post
    I agree with Huddy. There's nothing you can do to make a buyer give you feedback.
    I have one question. Do you give him feedback and if so, when.? I always give feedback as soon as a buyer has paid. As far as I concerned, the buyer has fulfilled his obligations at this point. In the event of problems developing with the transaction subsequentl, you can always change feedback here on eBid.
    I do too.

Forum Saint
    Kingston Upon Thames, Surrey, United Kingdom
    View meebo1's Feedback (+7886)
    All-About meebo1
    View meebo1's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by stopusingebay View Post
    I always give feedback, but usually not immediately. I saw some give a neutral "waiting for feedback" to the buyer. It seems like a good idea. I suppose I could temporarily ban a particular user from buying things from me. I just wondered if anyone had any clever solutions. I considered sending two packages for two purchases, and not sending the second one until feedback had been left for the first one.
    As feedback can be changed, I don't have a problem with leaving it early. I admit to forgetting to do so sometimes (as a seller)

Forum Master
    View tony41's Feedback (+10028)
    All-About tony41
    View tony41's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by stopusingebay View Post
    A very dangerous idea not to send the second one until you get feedback from the first one. As a seller your obligation is to send items which have been paid for as soon as possible. The buyer has no other obligation other than to pay for items bought. He is not compelled to leave feedback!!! What would you do with the second item if he did not leave feedback?? If you are getting sales, just be pleased and get over the fact that you don't always get feedback. The purpose of listing items on eBid is to get sales not to get feedback.

View astral276's Feedback (+194)
    All-About astral276
    View astral276's Listings
    Forum Posts

A very dangerous idea not to send the second one until you get feedback from the first one.
    ...and a good way to get a negative feedback and no future purchases from the buyer.

All-About JanetB
    View JanetB's Listings
    Forum Posts

A very dangerous idea not to send the second one until you get feedback from the first one. As a seller your obligation is to send items which have been paid for as soon as possible. The buyer has no other obligation other than to pay for items bought. He is not compelled to leave feedback!!! What would you do with the second item if he did not leave feedback?? If you are getting sales, just be pleased and get over the fact that you don't always get feedback. The purpose of listing items on eBid is to get sales not to get feedback.
    Exactly

Thread Information