eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What is selling and for how much?

Forum Newbie
    View us4strays's Feedback (+2596)
    All-About us4strays
    View us4strays's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default What is selling and for how much?

Hello! Is there a way to know what listings have sold and for how much?

View burgyeb's Feedback (+946)
    All-About burgyeb
    View burgyeb's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: What is selling and for how much?

Hi,

Go to "Home" above on left

Select the "thumbs up" - Brings you "popular listings"

Click "more" to see additional sold items

Click the button at the top that says Start Shopping

Under the blue button to the right that says Search eBid

Click on Advanced Search

You can search closed listings, but you must click on each one separately to see if it sold.

You can also search price ranges, search descriptions, search by country etc.

Since this post is in the Website Suggestion section ... I really wish that eBid towers would rethink the way that we can search for sold listings. Please give us an easy way to access what has been sold on eBid and for how how much $. Please ....

Quote Originally Posted by FirstGreenIsGold View Post
    Since this post is in the Website Suggestion section ... I really wish that eBid towers would rethink the way that we can search for sold listings. Please give us an easy way to access what has been sold on eBid and for how how much $. Please ....
    And now ask yourself why they're reluctant to make it easy to see that.

Which is a short sighted policy to my mind, transparency is important even if the news isn't good. Being able to research successful/unsuccessful sales is something I do all the time on ebay and is a big help in setting ones own prices realistically. Realistic prices => successful sellers => success for eBid.
    Click for bargain auctions!

Dropbox for 2GB of offsite storage to simplify your life. Click here, to get an extra 500MB of space!

Many many years ago it was easy to search & see what did & didn't sell & how much it sold for. But when people started complaining that nothing sold here, eBid then decided to make people have to click on every individual listing in the search results to see if it sold or not & for how much.

Johnwash and Haley's ... Yes, I remember the way that it used to be and tend to agree about the possible reason stated as to why it was changed.

Also agree that transparency is important and I'd like to know the reality even if it isn't exactly pretty. The information is indeed useful when it comes to setting prices etc.

Johnwash and Haley's ... Yes, I remember the way that it used to be and tend to agree about the possible reason stated as to why it was changed.

Also agree that transparency is important and I'd like to know the reality even if it isn't exactly pretty. The information is indeed useful when it comes to setting prices etc.
    I completely agree, it would be great to be able to searched closed listings again & see what has or has not sold & what it sold for without having to spend days clicking on every listing. It would allow us to know if we should spend time listing that item or spend the time listing something that is selling.

Click the button at the top that says Start Shopping

Under the blue button to the right that says Search eBid

Click on Advanced Search

You can search closed listings, but you must click on each one separately to see if it sold.

You can also search price ranges, search descriptions, search by country etc.
    Thanks for answering a question I've tried a couple of times to answer myself. As there isn't a huge number of listings in my area of interest it shouldn't take too long to click through them.
    ---------- * ---------- * ---------- * ---------- ---------- * ---------- * ---------- * ---------- * ----------

http://uk.ebid.net/users/theElench

Quote Originally Posted by theElench View Post
    Thanks for answering a question I've tried a couple of times to answer myself. As there isn't a huge number of listings in my area of interest it shouldn't take too long to click through them.
    You’re welcome. In my opinion it isn’t exactly easy to find this advanced search function.

Thread Information