eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: for Tens users

Thornton Cleveleys, Lancashire, United Kingdom
    View cheaver's Feedback (+1050)
    All-About cheaver
    View cheaver's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default for Tens users

I don't know if this information will be useful to anyone or not but I am so grateful for it that I decided to post in case it helps others.

Tens machines, the Med Fit type as sometimes supplied by the NHS depending on the area in which you live, have leads with pin connectors to the electrodes. But wired electrodes can be pricey to source and due to dry skin I tend to use probably more electrodes than other users in a relatively short space of time.

The snap on electrodes are a lot cheaper and easier to source but found to my cost that the advertised Tens leads for these does NOT fit the Med Fit tens machines. However, I HAVE found some snap on adapter cables which work absolutely brilliantly. Now I can choose to use either type of electrode with my Med Fit 3.

I also have a wireless Tens which only uses snap on electrodes so having the choice of either the wireless programme or the constancy of the Med Fit is great versatility at an extremely reasonable price.

Below are some pictures of the snap on electrodes I mean, and the converter cables which fit the traditional wire pins on the original Tens lead.

Name:  ttt.png
Views: 66
Size:  57.0 KB

Hope this post is useful.

Default Re: for Tens users

Thanks for this useful information, Elizabeth! I am in a similar situation so shall make use of it! Some days I have so much electricity around me I feel like Frankenstein's monster!

Thornton Cleveleys, Lancashire, United Kingdom
    View cheaver's Feedback (+1050)
    All-About cheaver
    View cheaver's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by cambrensis View Post
    Thanks for this useful information, Elizabeth! I am in a similar situation so shall make use of it! Some days I have so much electricity around me I feel like Frankenstein's monster!
    Glad you found it useful Ian.

A buzzing Welsh Dragon! The mind boggles!

More mind boggling = 1 Med Fit = 2 leads with 2 wired electrode pins on each - 4 wired or snap on electrodes
    add on a Wireless Tens = 2 more snap on electrodes

total 6 simultaneously - the Med Fit Buzzers and the Wireless Thumpers - OMG you could fly over the Brecons on to Snowdonia with that lot going!!!

Hahaha! I also have what I call my "electric chair" and a heart monitor. I don't really need the chair, but it's great for a doze. The monitor has not awakened me once so I'm probably ok!

Thread Information