Sell on eBid
eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: Help needed with my security light!

Default Help needed with my security light!

I hope others remember these things, as the fine detail is evading me.

I have an external security light which is over twenty years old. I can make it operate as a normal light by switching on, but cannot remember for the life of me how to make it operate automatically, whenever somebody comes into proximity.

I know I have to switch on and off rapidly several times to trigger this, but I cannot remember the detail. The number three is in my mind, but so far I have failed - two hours clicking and waiting are quite enough for me.

I cannot find the old leaflet I had with the "destructions" - any help would be appreciated. (Yes...I know I could buy a new one with bells and whistles but this used to work well enough...So I am hoping!)
    Last edited by cambrensis; 10th January 2019 at 09:47 PM.

View HerMajesty's Feedback (+1863)
    All-About HerMajesty
    View HerMajesty's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: Help needed with my security light!

Sometimes you can find instruction booklets for online viewing if you have the maker name and model No. of things...............good luck!
    Ta-Ta for now!

HerMajesty

Slide Inn for Vintage 35mm photographic slides
    https://uk.ebid.net/stores/Slide-Inn

ALSO!! Click below to see my store, THE BEE'S KNEES!
    https://the-bees-knees.ebid.net

Yes...I often do this but have failed in this case as the main unit is sealed (weatherproofed). Thanks anyway...

View sherlock07's Feedback (+301)
    All-About sherlock07
    View sherlock07's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by cambrensis View Post
    I hope others remember these things, as the fine detail is evading me.

I have an external security light which is over twenty years old. I can make it operate as a normal light by switching on, but cannot remember for the life of me how to make it operate automatically, whenever somebody comes into proximity.

I know I have to switch on and off rapidly several times to trigger this, but I cannot remember the detail. The number three is in my mind, but so far I have failed - two hours clicking and waiting are quite enough for me.

I cannot find the old leaflet I had with the "destructions" - any help would be appreciated. (Yes...I know I could buy a new one with bells and whistles but this used to work well enough...So I am hoping!)
    Mine one bought from B & Q many moons ago was on and off twice with no waiting between the switching.

Sherlock's Watches Store ~ Great Watches for the Family
    Sherlock's Bazaar
    ~ General Store

I think ours you turn it on once and it goes into security mode, i.e. switches off after a delay and comes on again if it detects movement. To get it to stay on permanently you turn it on, quickly off, quickly on again.

Allegedly, if you turn it on and off very quickly 50 times in quick succession it goes into self-destruct mode!
    Click for bargain auctions!

Dropbox for 2GB of offsite storage to simplify your life. Click here, to get an extra 500MB of space!

Thanks for the suggestions; I had to wait until this evening when my tenant had gone home for the weekend, before I could play with the combinations. (I don't exactly have a lodger! I have a self-contained annexe attached to my house which I rent out!)

Anyway, not one of these worked It may well be a matter of interpretation now; for example, three times then switch on may be three times and leave on at the third "pulse"...

I shall experiment further!

Are you absolutely sure it used to have this "always on" mode? Or could you be confusing it with another light you have or used to have. There's this thing called False Memory Syndrome, which some have suggested I suffer from, but luckily I can definitely recall I proved them wrong. Somehow. Definitely.

Click for bargain auctions!

Dropbox for 2GB of offsite storage to simplify your life. Click here, to get an extra 500MB of space!

View astral276's Feedback (+194)
    All-About astral276
    View astral276's Listings
    Forum Posts

Just had a look at the instructions that came with mine (bought from ALDI years ago) and they have 3 'buttons' at the bottom of the lamp unit. One controls the light level (LUX) that the light comes on at, one the length of time it stays on, and one the sensitivity of the infrared detector.
    Last edited by astral276; 13th January 2019 at 02:17 PM.

Thread Information