eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Buyer from USA has bought item but not paid postage.

Forum Lurker
    View baandbr2010's Feedback (+261)
    All-About baandbr2010
    View baandbr2010's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Buyer from USA has bought item but not paid postage.

Hello. I sold a knitting pattern to a buyer in the USA, she paid for it before I could send invoice to include shipping costs. Seems she did not read my listing requesting that buyers outside the UK contact me for postage cost prior to bidding. How do I send an invoice for postage? Babs.

Forum Master
    View tony41's Feedback (+10051)
    All-About tony41
    View tony41's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: Buyer from USA has bought item but not paid postage.

Quote Originally Posted by baandbr2010 View Post
    Hello. I sold a knitting pattern to a buyer in the USA, she paid for it before I could send invoice to include shipping costs. Seems she did not read my listing requesting that buyers outside the UK contact me for postage cost prior to bidding. How do I send an invoice for postage? Babs.
    How did they pay you? If they paid by Paypal, you will pay the Paypal charge twice (on both transactions). One possibility would be to refund the Paypal payment and send an invoice for the item plus postage but this runs the risk that they will not complete the sale.

Northampton, Northamptonshire, United Kingdom
    View bluebedouin's Feedback (+107)
    All-About bluebedouin
    View bluebedouin's Listings
    Forum Posts

As the sale's gone through you should be able to contact them via the after sale log (or whatever it's called now) to start a discussion on a mutually agreed way to proceed.

View HerMajesty's Feedback (+1863)
    All-About HerMajesty
    View HerMajesty's Listings
    Forum Posts

Well, if you just tell them that since they didn't contact you prior to paying, as the listing said to do, then you need to send a corrected invoice. Maybe say you will c,ombine postage if there is another pattern they want, otherwise will they please look for the refund of the incomplete payment, and an invoice for the correct amount. )

Most people wouldn't have a problem with that, if they realize they didn't read it right. (C'mon, my compatriot - do us proud!) If they have a problem with it, perhaps they they thought they could get a good deal! Good luck
    Ta-Ta for now!

HerMajesty

Slide Inn for Vintage 35mm photographic slides
    https://uk.ebid.net/stores/Slide-Inn

ALSO!! Click below to see my store, THE BEE'S KNEES!
    https://the-bees-knees.ebid.net

Forum Lurker
    All-About baandbr2010
    Forum Posts

Hello and thank you for your response, never had this problem before. Buyer paid by paypal before I had the opportunity to email her regarding postage costs. I have tried to send an invoice but because she has paid I am unable to do so. What do I do next? Seems she is a new buyer and obviously did not look carefully at my listing. Am totally at a loss as to what to do re this. Kind regards, Babs.

Forum Lurker
    All-About baandbr2010
    Forum Posts

Hello. I have sent emails to the buyer trying to explain the problem - that they paid for the item thru paypal without waiting for an invoice from me with postage costs, so far the only responses I have had are - requests for an invoice! Which I cannot send as the buyer has already paid for the item. Not sure if their English is that good as the only email I received, prior to bidding, was to ask if the knitting pattern instructions were 'in english'? I have 2 photo's posted showing the pattern and, quite frankly, to me, the photo's show the language on the pattern is printed in english. So far the buyer has not responded to my emails, what next? Babs

View BigKidsAttic's Feedback (+3720)
    All-About BigKidsAttic
    View BigKidsAttic's Listings
    Forum Posts

Hello. I have sent emails to the buyer trying to explain the problem - that they paid for the item thru paypal without waiting for an invoice from me with postage costs, so far the only responses I have had are - requests for an invoice! Which I cannot send as the buyer has already paid for the item. Not sure if their English is that good as the only email I received, prior to bidding, was to ask if the knitting pattern instructions were 'in english'? I have 2 photo's posted showing the pattern and, quite frankly, to me, the photo's show the language on the pattern is printed in english. So far the buyer has not responded to my emails, what next? Babs
    I've had this before years ago. You can either refund them, and send an Invoice with shipping added.
    Or, since their details are in your Paypal account, send them an Invoice via Paypal for the shipping cost, taking into account that you should add and extra £0.20 as that is how much you get charge for each transaction as a minimum.
    Just make sure and let your buyer know that you've sent them an Invoice via Paypal.
    Hope this helps
    Jason
    BigKidsAttic - Action Figure Adoption Agency (Fee's Appy), and supplier of collectible comics.

View ropegg's Feedback (+424)
    All-About ropegg
    View ropegg's Listings
    Forum Posts

You should be able to go into your Paypal account and under "request" create an invoice where you should be able tell them you need the shipping payment. Good luck.
    My stores:
    Ropegg
    Cups-Cups-Cups
    And Other Stuff
    Peggy A's Jewels

God Bless and have a great day!!!!

View burgyeb's Feedback (+946)
    All-About burgyeb
    View burgyeb's Listings
    Forum Posts

If I'm reading your post right, the buyer has requested an invoice, as a response to your explanation.

If so, you could refund the PayPal partial payment, send the requested invoice with shipping charges from eBid's ASL.

Briefly explain to buyer at each step what is being done and why. This way you will not incur a second fee, and communication will be maintained on eBid.

If the buyer is sincere concerning the purchase they probably will not mind the transaction being handled like that.

Hope you get things sorted no matter which approach you utilize.

P.S. As soon as you make the PayPal refund, you will be able to send an invoice from eBid's ASL area. The refund will automatically show on the ASL button and log.

Quote Originally Posted by burgyeb View Post
    If I'm reading your post right, the buyer has requested an invoice, as a response to your explanation.

If so, you could refund the PayPal partial payment, send the requested invoice with shipping charges from eBid's ASL.

Briefly explain to buyer at each step what is being done and why. This way you will not incur a second fee, and communication will be maintained on eBid.

If the buyer is sincere concerning the purchase they probably will not mind the transaction being handled like that.

Hope you get things sorted no matter which approach you utilize.

P.S. As soon as you make the PayPal refund, you will be able to send an invoice from eBid's ASL area. The refund will automatically show on the ASL button and log.
    Unless Paypal works differently in the States, you'll still get charged 20p twice. So there's no point in doing the refund, just send a Paypal invoice for the postage plus 3.4% plus 20p.

Paypal changed their refund policy several years ago. They used to refund the whole amount, including the 20p. But then they changed, and you have to look at your refund transactions quite carefully to see the evil trick they play.
    Click for bargain auctions!

Dropbox for 2GB of offsite storage to simplify your life. Click here, to get an extra 500MB of space!

Thread Information