Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Very important issue about importing feedback

Default Re: Very important issue about importing feedback

Quote Originally Posted by Anniemcc2 View Post
    Just be aware that imported Feedback looks like this:

Attachment 60430
    Each to their own, but my feeling is that importing feedback is a bit pointless. If I were starting from scratch I'd buy or sell a couple of items in the monthly YDC competition, regulars there would be sure to leave feedback.

Or at this time of year how about buying some seeds? There's at least one seller offering good value (no, I have no connection).
    Click for bargain auctions!

Dropbox for 2GB of offsite storage to simplify your life. Click here, to get an extra 500MB of space!

Forum Newbie
    Prestwich, Greater Manchester, United Kingdom
    View littledelving's Feedback (+2678)
    All-About littledelving
    View littledelving's Listings
    Forum Posts

OK so the latest is that my feedback from the 'bay is now imported. It took less than 24 hours so very pleased about that
    In response to what the above user is saying, importing feedback is a lot better than the big fat 0 beforehand. I tried the purchase route but fell foul of having zero feedback and hence immediate payment. This meant that I was not able to ask the seller to combine postage.
    Importing feedback also means that the very hard won feedback and 100% rating on the other site was not all a waste of effort. It also means that people on eBid can now see that I am genuine, trustworthy and a good sort. Perhaps its like a reference from an old employer. It shows a willingness to tow the line and stick to the rules. It shows the patience to resolve issues properly and to make sure customers are happy at the end of the day. It shows I have been around for a long while and am not fly-by-night and many other good things.
    Ultimatetly being able to import feedback benefits everyone. Why? Because someone may see zero feedback and be put off buying an item from that seller and have to pay more elsewhere. Now they can be more confident about things.
    I would also like to point out that the method eBid use when importing feedback ensures that the feedback is genuine and from the correct sourse. So imported feedback shoulnt be seen as 2nd class or in anyway inferior to non-imported feedback
    Last edited by littledelving; 4th March 2019 at 10:47 AM.

I haven't imported my feedback from Ebay but I do think it's a good thing.
    Since November 2018 I have gained 6 feedbacks so I'm pleased with that considering I average about 10 listings per month.

Ebays new policy about Fixed listings now have to be Good Til Cancelled (GTC) surely should drive more Ebay sellers to Ebid.
    Ebids listings process is looking far more favourable these days than Ebay's.

Northampton, Northamptonshire, United Kingdom
    View bluebedouin's Feedback (+107)
    All-About bluebedouin
    View bluebedouin's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by retrogoodness View Post
    Ebays new policy... should drive more Ebay sellers to Ebid.
    Sadly that's never been the case.Sellers won't come here because there aren't enough buyers.Buyers won't come here because there isn't enough variety.
    Name:  catch22.gif
Views: 82
Size:  131.5 KB

Quote Originally Posted by bluebedouin View Post
    Sadly that's never been the case.Sellers won't come here because there aren't enough buyers.Buyers won't come here because there isn't enough variety.
    Name:  catch22.gif
Views: 82
Size:  131.5 KB
    I agree. There have been so many posts over the years of sellers who come here and put up a few listings and then get discouraged and leave after a short time because they aren't seeing the volume of sales that they expect. I really wish some of those sellers would stay and use this platform as part of their selling strategy. Especially if they've already paid the Seller + fee. eBid needs more sellers who are active here so that there is more variety.

Forum Newbie
    All-About littledelving
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by FirstGreenIsGold View Post
    I agree. There have been so many posts over the years of sellers who come here and put up a few listings and then get discouraged and leave after a short time because they aren't seeing the volume of sales that they expect. I really wish some of those sellers would stay and use this platform as part of their selling strategy. Especially if they've already paid the Seller + fee. eBid needs more sellers who are active here so that there is more variety.
    The 'Bay seems to be more and more focused on the volume and international sellers.
    eBid could become the natural home for people who simply have a few bits and bobs to declutter and for collecters and hobbyists etc. The eBid platform is superb and at least as good as the opposition if not better in some ways.

Forum Newbie
    All-About littledelving
    Forum Posts

Since November 2018 I have gained 6 feedbacks so I'm pleased with that considering I average about 10 listings per month.

Ebays new policy about Fixed listings now have to be Good Til Cancelled (GTC) surely should drive more Ebay sellers to Ebid.
    Nick and Andrea Hills have a youtube channel dedicated to 'Bay advice. They seem really pleasant, genuine people. One of the questions was is it better to do 30 days or GTC? According to Nick, the GTC is worse because it drops down the search. However if they have now removed the 30 day option, have they also changed the algorithm? In any event I think people will come here to buy as well as to sell in increasing numbers

My guess is that their intention is that all private sellers listings will have both GTC and BO as the default setting and only business sellers will have any choice in the matter.

I agree that importing FB is a good idea and is better than the "Big fat 0". When I first started I even suggested that non-seller+ should be allowed to pay a fee to import. Although a few members replied, no-one from admin. offered the solution made above, although it would have done the job and put a bit more cash into the site if Sellers had taken up the offer in any numbers.

As you say the most recent change on TOS should draw in new sellers but I have to agree with bluebedouin, it hasn't happened since I've been here (since they introduced FVF on P&P in '13) and they have regularly introduced other "improvements" that have sent sellers elsewhere since then.

True, some have listed a few items, not sold much and departed but I've now been here long enough to see that this isn't the only reason. This isn't the first thread on this subject. I doubt that even six years ago, my thread was the first by a new arrival with "new" ideas and isn't it also true that the same suggestions (and critisisms)come up again and again?

How disheartening is it for would-be active members to see theirs and others ideas and comments ignored. But count the number of replies from those who've been here any length of time to this thread. Just like the recent request for a transaction counter, a few replies, no response from admin. Just another thread to be bumped in a year or two and giving the impression that nothing ever happens here. Most members seem to have learned the lesson. "Don't bother - nothing will ever come of it." Even if the response is that it would cost a fortune and take years to alter the program, it would be something.

Personally I think that it wouldn't take too much to get ebid moving. I've come to agree with others that a vast advertising budget isn't the way to go and that a transaction counter would probably be a better option than imported anonymous FB. But what it needs more than anything is for new visitors / prospective sellers and buyers to see that there is life and activity here, that there are sales and that new ideas can be discussed with the management and sometimes welcomed and adopted. That the site listens to its sellers and at least tries to help them SELL STUFF.
    Last edited by theElench; 6th March 2019 at 12:28 PM.
    ---------- * ---------- * ---------- * ---------- ---------- * ---------- * ---------- * ---------- * ----------

http://uk.ebid.net/users/theElench

If your items show up in Google Shopping then the buyers are there, this is how I have made nearly all my sales.
    If you have an item that's popular and have great pictures then you increases the chances of selling.

You're right, some of mine have come from GS. Some have come from fliers in parcels from sales elsewhere and probably others from people who hear about ebid, visit and buy one or two things. The problem, as I see it, is that too many of those visitors don't become regulars, they look in once or twice. That's one reason for the lack of FB

The same with prospective sellers, they look at a category they might sell in, see the same items on the pages each time and conclude that nothing has sold since their last visit, but is probably not true.

They look at the boards to get a feel for the site and what do the see? Nothing to inspire them IMO.

Ebid relies on sellers self-promoting, but there are things that IMO would help sellers, wouldn't cost a fortune or take years of work to do. I wonder why they are not done, if they are not as easy or cheap as I and others who suggest them imagine, then tell us so we can stop asking for the impossible.
    ---------- * ---------- * ---------- * ---------- ---------- * ---------- * ---------- * ---------- * ----------

http://uk.ebid.net/users/theElench

Thread Information