Thread: Finally an Order but no notification from eBid

View astral276's Feedback (+194)
    All-About astral276
    View astral276's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: Finally an Order but no notification from eBid

Quote Originally Posted by dav6.millar View Post
    God 2 Years really, I am still waiting, waiting, waiting
    I would suggest that you get rid of the ~~L@@K~~ from your items' titles. Nobody is going to search for that and its inclusion could prevent your items being displayed on Google Shopping (where many sales can come from).

Forum Newbie
    View KCAuto's Feedback (+8)
    All-About KCAuto
    View KCAuto's Listings
    Forum Posts

heh, i just got here and you all are kinda sorta skeering me with the time-warp-sell factor :O. best of sells to ev1!

View EalingBob's Feedback (+1206)
    All-About EalingBob
    View EalingBob's Listings
    Forum Posts

I am not surprised you have not had a sale in twelve years as none of your items as a single illustration not even if you look at the description

Quote Originally Posted by sandrafirebird View Post
    I am not surprised you have not had a sale in twelve years as none of your items as a single illustration not even if you look at the description

Some people just won't listen Sandra.
    Booksbygones you were advised ages ago on the forums to put photos on, again when saying you had no sales ! It's hard enough to sell books these days even with photos so I'm not at all surprised you haven't sold anything if you won't improve your listings.

Quote Originally Posted by cornishmaid1961 View Post

Some people just won't listen Sandra.
    Booksbygones you were advised ages ago on the forums to put photos on, again when saying you had no sales ! It's hard enough to sell books these days even with photos so I'm not at all surprised you haven't sold anything if you won't improve your listings.
    Very true. I sure wouldn't buy anything online without seeing photographs of the actual item. I believe that most people won't click on a listing that doesn't have a gallery photo unless they are looking for a specific and possibly hard to find item.

Husband and I both read a lot and we still read paper books, but we have more books in this house than we'll ever read in this lifetime. The local thrift shop sells them for 50 cents a piece. Sometimes they put them on sale 10 books for $1 because they don't have room for them all. It has to be a hard to find book (that I'm determined to read) for me to buy online these days. I'm resigned to the fact that our books will eventually end up in the recycling bin.

Most things I wouldn't buy without a photo of the actual item. But second hand books are an exception, and surely they must be so for many people? Otherwise how does Amazon succeed? All you have to go on there is a condition description, often a pretty vague one.

It's sad how Amazon and Abebooks have destroyed the business for other booksellers, though some struggle on. At present my bedtime reading is 'Diary of a Bookseller'. If you watch british TV, it's like a cross between Black Books and Love, Nina. Has me in fits of laughter at times, though the underlying aspects are tragic.
    Click for bargain auctions!

Dropbox for 2GB of offsite storage to simplify your life. Click here, to get an extra 500MB of space!

Forum Saint
    Kingswinford, West Midlands, United Kingdom
    View crafters_corner_2's Feedback (+327)
    All-About crafters_corner_2
    View crafters_corner_2's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by johnwash1 View Post
    Most things I wouldn't buy without a photo of the actual item. But second hand books are an exception, and surely they must be so for many people? Otherwise how does Amazon succeed? All you have to go on there is a condition description, often a pretty vague one.

It's sad how Amazon and Abebooks have destroyed the business for other booksellers, though some struggle on. At present my bedtime reading is 'Diary of a Bookseller'. If you watch british TV, it's like a cross between Black Books and Love, Nina. Has me in fits of laughter at times, though the underlying aspects are tragic.
    Not sure why you would think Amazon to be the exception? I sell books on Amazon and always post my own pictures. I would also hesitate to buy without seeing a picture. As you say, the descriptions are often pretty vague and there is often more than one edition for the same book; a picture makes the choice much easier here.

It is, indeed sad that so many booksellers are struggling these days, and in recent weeks we have seen the loss of two bookshops in Shropshire. However, I would hesitate to place the blame solely on Amazon and Abebooks. I am as guilty as the next person in using Google to find information. Why buy a book when information is literally at my fingertips?

The way of the world, unfortunately.

Thread Information