Sell on eBid
eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: Automatic washing machines and number of rinses - how many do you use?

Forum Saint
    View Anniemcc2's Feedback (+3934)
    All-About Anniemcc2
    View Anniemcc2's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Automatic washing machines and number of rinses - how many do you use?

Odd question I know but how many rinses do you use with your automatic washing machines?

The default on mine is 2 but I can programme up to 5 if I want to do so.

It's just that I'm having a battle with my elderly father as his basic machine only does 2 rinses and he insists on taking out the wet washing [sheets or towels] and then putting it back in for a further rinse - and he's tiring himself out doing this. I keep telling him that 2 rinses are fine but he won't have it.....

View astral276's Feedback (+194)
    All-About astral276
    View astral276's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: Automatic washing machines and number of rinses - how many do you use?

I think mine does 2 with the option of an extra (3rd) rinse on some programme selections. I usually use the extra rinse as I have quite sensitive skin (a delicate little flower is me) and want to make sure all the detergent is gone.

That said, I would expect that individual models have their necessary number of rinses determined during development and testing. Thus the manufacturer's handbook for the individual model should be heeded regarding detergent dosage and operation.

As for your father's machine, is there not an option to do rinse and spin cycles without unloading and reloading the machine?
    Last edited by astral276; 28th May 2019 at 11:12 AM. Reason: Programme, not Program (I think). Cambrensis?

Thread Information