My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: help, stupid question time about a phone

Default help, stupid question time about a phone

If i was to buy an unlocked smartphone just to use to take pictures and upload to FB and ebid would i need to connect it to a separate network or could i just connect it to my BT hub, I dont want it for making calls etc as we have a normal mobile for that just for emergency's.

Forum Saint
    View Anniemcc2's Feedback (+3934)
    All-About Anniemcc2
    View Anniemcc2's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: help, stupid question time about a phone

You would still need to insert a SIM card in order to register the phone to a network before you could use it.

Only then could you use your BT Hub wifi to transfer your photos to FB, etc.

If I'm wrong, someone will correct me I'm sure

Quote Originally Posted by Anniemcc2 View Post
    You would still need to insert a SIM card in order to register the phone to a network before you could use it.

Only then could you use your BT Hub wifi to transfer your photos to FB, etc.

If I'm wrong, someone will correct me I'm sure
    Got an old-ish Huawei (no longer used as going to become my kids when they get to the correct age) with no sim, it can be used with wi-fi. As for other mobiles, I do not know.

Jason
    BigKidsAttic - Action Figure Adoption Agency (Fee's Appy), and supplier of collectible comics.

I just want something to take pictures and up load them fast as i am sick of waiting for Mike to take pictures with a camera. we have an Huawei tablet somewhere but it's a bit big for what i want.

View astral276's Feedback (+194)
    All-About astral276
    View astral276's Listings
    Forum Posts

I would have thought (have not researched it) that you could get a new or used digital camera cheaper than you could get a phone. Also a camera would give better images - especially for macro shots.

We have cameras, i just wanted to do it all in one go from the one device, I may give the tablet a go first and see how i go on with that, see what i can mess up

View astral276's Feedback (+194)
    All-About astral276
    View astral276's Listings
    Forum Posts

I have a cheap mobile and a decent tablet; I don't think I would use either for listing images.

Back to your original query... Not my area of expertise (if I had one) but without a SIM you could use the camera phone and connect to your hub Wi-Fi; you just couldn't make calls, messaging or use mobile data. That's my understanding anyroads.

That was my thoughts as well as it would be going through my hub as an extra device, i would not be using it as a phone just to list stuff quickly , I will try the tablet first before i waste any money, thank you and love to moo x

A mobile phone without a sim is still useful for picture taking and uploading as long as you're on your WIFI or a public WIFI, however I can confirm that calls, texts and data would definitely not work
    Don't walk in front of me..I may not follow-don't walk behind me..I may not lead-just walk beside me and be my friend.
    Albert Camus

PERSONAL RECORD SET
    27hours 30minutes without sleep

Thread Information