My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Top Ten Reviews - eBid is the top value online auction site for 2019

Default Top Ten Reviews - eBid is the top value online auction site for 2019

eBid comes out top in value in the Top Ten Reviews for 2019.

https://www.toptenreviews.com/best-o...ion-best-value

Forum Master
    View tony41's Feedback (+10028)
    All-About tony41
    View tony41's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: Top Ten Reviews - eBid is the top value online auction site for 2019

Quote Originally Posted by cornishmaid1961 View Post
    eBid comes out top in value in the Top Ten Reviews for 2019.

https://www.toptenreviews.com/best-o...ion-best-value
    As you observe in another thread, it is a pity that the review still states that payment can be made using Skrill and PPPay. It makes a comment that buyers can only pay using three methods. This is not true. Paypal is the only integrated payment method. Buyers and sellers can arrange any other payment method which thay might agree.

It would also have been better if the review had said that eBid does not charge a transaction fee on shipping charges.

View astral276's Feedback (+194)
    All-About astral276
    View astral276's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: Top Ten Reviews - eBid is the top value online auction site for 2019

Must admit that I have never seen any of these site reviews that are well researched. Not just eBid, all sites featured in them.

In their defence eBid did give the impression that PPPay and Skrill were options until the last few days.
    Last edited by astral276; 2nd July 2019 at 11:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by tony41 View Post

It would also have been better if the review had said that eBid does not charge a transaction fee on shipping charges.
    This fee still rankles and still comes up regularly on obays boards, but the cheer-leaders have perfected rubbishing any questioning of the policy. First, deride the poster -- "After six years why are you even bothering to raise the question".

Second, blame "the huge number sellers who's fee evasion caused it's introduction in the first place". Whether or not this number was ever as huge as is suggested is already lost in the mists of time, I only ever saw a couple of examples.

I agree with you. Just like other issues sellers have over there (like constant fee increases in contrast to ebids price stability), when there is something positive to say about ebid., the good points are rarely, if ever, ever mentioned. These things should be shouted about at every opportunity, not whispered about from time to time on these boards.
    ---------- * ---------- * ---------- * ---------- ---------- * ---------- * ---------- * ---------- * ----------

http://uk.ebid.net/users/theElench

View FBNeNotes's Feedback (+1108)
    All-About FBNeNotes
    View FBNeNotes's Listings
    Forum Posts

From That so-called Review.
    eBid
    This site has one of the lowest final value fees and doesn’t charge you to list your items. If you’re looking for a cheap way to sell, eBid is our top value pick.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Now all it needs are 20,000 wannabeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee buyers.

Quote Originally Posted by FBNeNotes View Post
    From That so-called Review.
    eBid
    This site has one of the lowest final value fees and doesn’t charge you to list your items. If you’re looking for a cheap way to sell, eBid is our top value pick.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Now all it needs are 20,000 wannabeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee buyers.

Well I had a newbie buyer last night and again this morning, oh and a returning customer who last bought in 2012, so that's a start !

Quote Originally Posted by cornishmaid1961 View Post

Well I had a newbie buyer last night and again this morning, oh and a returning customer who last bought in 2012, so that's a start !
    I also had payments from a new buyer yesterday, and a return buyer this morning. Over the last 30 days, I've had more sales than I can remember obay generating during a similar period back when I was paying for their store. Not a huge amount in sales, but that's the point: all of obay's fees, store and promotion costs do not necessarily result in greater sales - it is easy for small seller offerings to get lost among their soupy sea of good, bad, indifferent and sometimes fraudulent listings. Wherever, you still have to find ways to let people know that you are selling and where.

I do wish that the review had been more up-to-date, but still, it was nice for the site to be noticed.

View HerMajesty's Feedback (+1863)
    All-About HerMajesty
    View HerMajesty's Listings
    Forum Posts

​That's really good. Hopefully it funnels more people over here.

View 20sent06's Feedback (+11873)
    All-About 20sent06
    View 20sent06's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by HerMajesty View Post
    ​That's really good. Hopefully it funnels more people over here.
    Most people say to me that eBid is full of junk at inflated prices!

Quote Originally Posted by 20sent06 View Post
    Most people say to me that eBid is full of junk at inflated prices!
    One could over-generalize to say that about almost every site out there.

My sales have been holding up well, despite this being midsummer and me being a small seller with limited inventory.

Thread Information