Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: Search question

View poppyrowan's Feedback (+127)
    All-About poppyrowan
    View poppyrowan's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Search question

Sorry if this is a silly question, but I was considering trying to sell some of my hand made jewellery, so I thought I would see what was already on offer....prices etc. I typed "hand made jewellery" into the search bar and only half a dozen items of jewellery showed, along with some beads ...still just 24 items I think.
    So I typed in " jewellery" and tried looking under crafts, but still couldn't find anything much, mostly beads and findings.
    Does anyone sell hand made jewellery? Is it worth listing if I cant find any via the search bar?
    I apologise if this is in the wrong section of the forum.

Default Re: Search question

Hi, small world isn't it??

I found 113 by searching "Craft Jewellery", but surely there must be more than that???

There used to be a long, long list of all the categories and sub-categories that you could look through, but I can't find it now.

The only other thing I can suggest is click on the "Start Selling" button and look at the suggested categories in the various boxes, it might give some other options and clues as to where other listings are hiding.
    ---------- * ---------- * ---------- * ---------- ---------- * ---------- * ---------- * ---------- * ----------

http://uk.ebid.net/users/theElench

The search will return only results that employ the keywords you used. Not all sellers will use those terms in their titles or descriptions (some might also use alternate spellings, such as "handmade" or omit the term "jewellery" entirely as it repeats the category). You can also use the Advanced search feature to include searching the descriptions, which should return more results. The category to browse would be https://www.ebid.net/uk/buy/jeweller...n-handcrafted/

(on the US-English site it is https://www.ebid.net/us/buy/jewelry-...n-handcrafted/)
    Last edited by rocks2dust; 28th July 2019 at 07:43 PM.

Go to the jewellery category.

There are two areas to look at.

Artisan and Handcrafted is a subcategory, as is Fashion/ Costume jewellery.

I have listings in the Costume jewellery category, but I think I’ll put some in Handcrafted too.

If I were searching I probably wouldn’t put handmade or handcrafted in the search field. That’s something to think about (as in adding those words to the title if there is room to do so).

View HerMajesty's Feedback (+1863)
    All-About HerMajesty
    View HerMajesty's Listings
    Forum Posts

Being American, I always spell jewelery with 1 letter L.
    Ta-Ta for now!

HerMajesty

Slide Inn for Vintage 35mm photographic slides
    https://uk.ebid.net/stores/Slide-Inn

ALSO!! Click below to see my store, THE BEE'S KNEES!
    https://the-bees-knees.ebid.net

All-About poppyrowan
    Forum Posts

Rocks2Dust.....following your link I see there are a lot more. Confused now!! Lol

All-About poppyrowan
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by theElench View Post
    Hi, small world isn't it??

I found 113 by searching "Craft Jewellery", but surely there must be more than that???

There used to be a long, long list of all the categories and sub-categories that you could look through, but I can't find it now.

The only other thing I can suggest is click on the "Start Selling" button and look at the suggested categories in the various boxes, it might give some other options and clues as to where other listings are hiding.
    I thought I replied to you, but I can't find it. I have recently moved to North Wales, so I am really glad you responded otherwise I would have forgotten to change my details! Thank you

Thread Information