Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: AVG web shield

Default AVG web shield

What exactly is it as i have had to turn it off as it is almost rendering my computer useless, everything i search for it blocks, it blocks eb*y and FB google searches and throes up r.eablink.com , does any one know please as it's driving me even more nuts than i already am.

Forum Saint
    View Anniemcc2's Feedback (+3934)
    All-About Anniemcc2
    View Anniemcc2's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: AVG web shield

We found AVG very intrusive and am on the point of deleting it - and the browser that we didn't ask for.

Ann, i dumped their browser, it seems to be attacking the chrome browser when i am using edge everything seems okay I have turned web shield back on for the moment but i think i will go to currys and pick a norton up and ditch AVG

Good Morning All,

I had AVG and after my computer running Chrome and Windows 10 went haywire and needed a trip to my computer Geek, we found that AVG was the culprit. It was running the way it wanted to run and no amount of changing the preferences helped. The solution was to have it removed completely from my system. Of course don't bother asking AVG for any help or refund, their answer is silence. My best advice is remove the software from your system, since mine was removed all the AVG problems, messages and errors have stopped and I have a happy computer again.

All, have a great day.
    Jan

I just let the Defender run now and have not had any problems since. Good luck.

I have now removed AVG Ann and am just letting defender run, i could not put up with it any longer

Bit late coming on this subject (been on holiday!) - AVG was a nightmare when I had it installed on my computers, in the end I replaced it with the free version of Avast and apart from the occasional pop-up trying to sell me their 'pro' version I've had no problems at all in the 2 years I've been running

Forum Saint
    View Anniemcc2's Feedback (+3934)
    All-About Anniemcc2
    View Anniemcc2's Listings
    Forum Posts

Once current AVG subscription runs out, I will probably go back to Avast. Although I also have Malwarebytes & CCleaner to clear out cookies & nasties.

Forum Saint
    Kingswinford, West Midlands, United Kingdom
    View crafters_corner_2's Feedback (+327)
    All-About crafters_corner_2
    View crafters_corner_2's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Anniemcc2 View Post
    Once current AVG subscription runs out, I will probably go back to Avast. Although I also have Malwarebytes & CCleaner to clear out cookies & nasties.

I don't pay for any security, just use Microsoft Security which has always been vg. I found AVG more trouble than it was worth.
    I also have Malwarebytes & CCleaner.

Thread Information