Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 10,000 Eyeglasses!

Default 10,000 Eyeglasses!

I'm new to Ebid, and have started listing some of the 10,000 eyeglass frames I acquired in a storage unit auction. These were from an optometrists show that went out of business. No sales yet but hoping. I do have a couple questions. Do you find that buy now works well here, or are auctions better? Do sellers in the UK do better than US sellers because of shipping. What % of members here are in the US. Any replies or help is appreciated. Looking forward to my first sale, and may start listing other items, such as collectibles.

Default Re: 10,000 Eyeglasses!

Welcome to Ebid. Buy It Now definitely over Auctions. Follow the Ebid help guides on how to get your listings shown on Google Shopping

Welcome to eBid. You will need a 'buy it now' price to get your items onto Google shopping but you can also have a lower auction price alongside it if you want to. People do use the auction facility if they are prepared to wait but unfortunately there are few bidding wars here as the bidding column, showing if items had bids on, was taken away some years ago by management. Also if your items don't have bar codes then you need to put the word 'EXEMPT' in the bar code box to get them onto Google shopping.

I would get your listings off 'run until sold' too as this keeps things at the bottom of the eBid lists. Much better to do ten automatic reposts for a set number of days and then your items will rise to the top.

I don't know the percentage from the USA I'm afraid. Good luck with the sales.

Thanks for the advice. It's nice to know this site is being used. Was beginning to wonder. I still have several hundred listings to move over, and probably at least another 100 new listings. All eyeglasses at this point. Please check out what I am offering. Most of these are 90% off retail. I realize some are dated, but some are also coming back into style, like the big chunky ones!

Question since you are so helpful. I am in the process of changing out my "until sold" listings, but am wondering how that will affect the front page or featured listings. Will I have to pay each time? Should I just leave those alone?

Quote Originally Posted by LiquidationService View Post
    Question since you are so helpful. I am in the process of changing out my "until sold" listings, but am wondering how that will affect the front page or featured listings. Will I have to pay each time? Should I just leave those alone?
    Yes, I think you would have to pay again but to be honest I think using featured is a bit of a waste of time here unless you have something very rare and expensive to sell as eBid is a small site.
    I think having a good photo and getting your items onto Google Shopping is much more important as that is how a lot of people find eBid. Because the fees have never gone up here (certainly not since I've been here) eBid don't advertise so it's also important to get the word out that you are selling here on social media sites.

That's what I thought. I did the featured and front page on just a couple listings, because I thought that would be a good place for somebody to check out my other inventory from. Worth experimenting for just a few dollars.

I took your advice and changed most of my listings to 7 day relist X 10. I am taking up all the front pages by doing that, and maybe ****ing off some sellers, but I guess that is how to stay on top. Now, instead of me having to go in after 10 weeks and do this all over again, can I just let them expire and go to the expired page and list them all at once? I hope so. NOW for something only a newbie could do. I was transferring over listings from another site and was using a template of "sell similar", and on one of the listings I decided to make it front page, and paid $2.50. Well...........I forgot to set the default and ended up with a dozen listings for front page! Cost me about $30 for that mistake, but heck, I'm all over that front page now! I see what you mean about not having to pay for those, because if you set your time limit shorter, they will always be there, but just a little more work. Getting the hang of it, and getting tired. I've been at it for 13 hours straight! Thanks again for your help.

Yes you can let them expire and repost in bulk that way but the only trouble with that is that they then get a new listing number which makes any links that you might have on social media out of date.
    I now tend to sort my listings by lowest auto reposts and when the number goes down to '0' with 7 days to go I quickly edit them back to 10 reposts, it doesn't take long just a few minutes each day. You can use the bulk editor to change them, I know other sellers do it that way but I've never done it.

Thornton Cleveleys, Lancashire, United Kingdom
    View cheaver's Feedback (+1050)
    All-About cheaver
    View cheaver's Listings
    Forum Posts

When my reposts number gets down to maybe one or two I then use Bulk Edit to reset the number of reposts back up to 10. This way I only have to do the job approx every 8 weeks or so - and it only takes a couple of minutes to do.

It couldn't be easier.

Thread Information