Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Payment Processing besides paypal

Default Payment Processing besides paypal

Hi everyone! I am new to eBid and purchased the lifetime sellers account. Of course it wasn't a lot of money, but I am wondering if people actually sell things on here..?? I am wondering what options are for payment processing besides paypal.?? I hope it's okay to ask this here and apologize in advance if it should've been somewhere else. I have contacted customer service and they said paypal is preferred, but didn't mention other options. Any help/ides will be greatly appreciated! -Tony

Default Re: Payment Processing besides paypal

Welcome to eBid.
    I'm afraid Paypal is the only intergrated option here at the moment. eBid used to have it's own payment option pppay but it was closed down a couple of years ago. We also used to have Skrill but they started being really difficult with their terms of use so eBid had to drop them too. Management were considering Stripe a while back but we didn't hear any more.

You could offer cheques or bank transfers to people in your own country though.

In answer to your other question, yes I sell things here. This month has been quite good, have sold 21 items ( 17 ordinary sales and 4 charity sales).
    Last edited by cornishmaid1961; 29th February 2020 at 02:05 AM.

Hi. Thanks so much for the info! Glad to hear you've had a good month!

Quote Originally Posted by ABuckeyeguy View Post
    Hi. Thanks so much for the info! Glad to hear you've had a good month!

My pleasure. You need to put in some work listing here as it's a small site and they don't have an advertising budget as they have never raised the fees. Make sure you get your listings onto Google Shopping where most of the eBid sales come in from. If your items haven't got a bar code then put the word 'EXEMPT' into the bar code box and make sure they have a buy it now price alongside any bid price. Filling in your 'about me' page with some info about yourself and your terms and conditions is also useful. Also make use of social media to let people know you are now selling here. It takes a while to build up your business on a new site but there are sales to be made here if you persist ! Good luck.

I really appreciate your time and your help! I'm sure it's just going to take me some time to get the ins and outs of eBid.. so, you mentioned something about barcodes etc. How do I post to Google Shopping?

I really appreciate your time and your help! I'm sure it's just going to take me some time to get the ins and outs of eBid.. so, you mentioned something about barcodes etc. How do I post to Google Shopping?

eBid will do that for you as long as you meet all the requirements on your listing, item has to be over £1 in value, have a buy it now price and have the barcode box filled in. Make sure the box is ticked on your 'about me' page in your 'defaults' section to send your things to Google.

Oh and if you have the item listed elsewhere on another site then make sure you change the title here slightly as Google doesn't like duplicates.
    Last edited by cornishmaid1961; 1st March 2020 at 07:53 PM.

Gotcha, Okay, and as far as the barcode area. As long as it at least has "exempt" that's good enough..??

Hi and Welcome ,

Sales are slower on this site than the bay, but they do happen for the US buyers and sellers. Since you more or less have to do your own advertising, put the word out to all your previous customers, where you are selling now and hopefully they will follow you to this site.

Good luck on your sales and I hope that you have a great experience being a member. Personally, I have never regretted joining.

Jan

Gotcha, Okay, and as far as the barcode area. As long as it at least has "exempt" that's good enough..??

Yes, if it a vintage or used item that doesn't have a code then that is the word that is accepted in the bar code box.

Oh and I wouldn't use 'run until sold' as that keeps your items at the bottom of the eBid lists. Much better to do ten auto reposts so your items rise to the top.
    Last edited by cornishmaid1961; 1st March 2020 at 11:21 PM.

Hi Jan!

Thanks so much for the help! I am slowly getting this down some. Still probably have questions, but going decent so far!

-Tony

Thread Information