My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: Running out of hands....

Unhappy Running out of hands....

I just fell foul of the extra security on banking sites. I pay my window cleaner always directly by his bank account - he called round, did the windows and informed me that he'd changed banks. I took his card and settled down with this aging laptop andmy aging hands to pay him. Easy? You're joking....

First I cancelled the old account then I set up the new one. Easy? yes! I entered the amount and set the "pay" flag. Yes, that was easy too! Good...so I clicked on "continue" and.....I am still shaking at the memory. The system sent me a 4 digit code to send...then told me I had it wrong!!!

At this point I 'phoned in and asked them to sort it out. (Hysterical laughter would be heard, now, if we had an audio link!)

It ended up with my speaking with an officer on my landline while conversing with a "bot" on my mobile and attempting to enter information via this keyboard...

I am going to have a large stiff drink later and a little lie down.

I hope it is not just me who finds this difficult...but am prepared to accept that it is...!!

View HerMajesty's Feedback (+1863)
    All-About HerMajesty
    View HerMajesty's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: Running out of hands....

Those digit codes from banks and the like, which are either sent to your email or phone, are SO annoying. I tried to access an account, and ran into some issue. However, the only way to remedy it was to have them send me a code. However (this is another however), they would only send it to my cell phone. HOWEVER, I do not have a cell phone...…...well, I do, but where we live, we don't get any signal, so I use it for emergencies on road trips. Finally, after phoning the company, talking to a very nice lady, confirming what car I had in 1999, where my mother was born, what street I lived on in the past, out of a selection of 4 choices, etc, they set up my email address (which they already had) to qualify as receiving a code the same as a cell phone. I swear...…..well, not usually, but certainly more frequently.
    Ta-Ta for now!

HerMajesty

Slide Inn for Vintage 35mm photographic slides
    https://uk.ebid.net/stores/Slide-Inn

ALSO!! Click below to see my store, THE BEE'S KNEES!
    https://the-bees-knees.ebid.net

Forum Master
    View tony41's Feedback (+10028)
    All-About tony41
    View tony41's Listings
    Forum Posts

Our bank is prepared to contact us by landline. We too get no signal here.

Quote Originally Posted by tony41 View Post
    Our bank is prepared to contact us by landline. We too get no signal here.
    It's all linked to fraud prevention. I was speaking to a live person on the landline but he insisted I pass the code back thrugh the blasted "bot"! Apparently, he was not supposed to know the code! All I wanted to do was pay the window cleaner £12.50!! Not exactly the kind of amount you'd expect in a fraud!

I use a cordless 'phone and was sat in my armchair, so had to walk into the hallway to get my mobile from my jacket. Luckily the damned thing was charged! I had to wait while it started up..."Android is loading...", and so did he; then put down the mobile (b) to speak to him on landline (a); put that down to access laptop (c)...and so it went on...and on...and on! It would have been quicker for me to drive to the nearest ATM, get the cash and drive to catch up the window cleaner! I do wish they'd stop improving things without asking the consumer the best way to do it! So frustrating!

Ipswich - The Jewel Of The East -, Suffolk, United Kingdom
    View squern's Feedback (+2196)
    All-About squern
    View squern's Listings
    Forum Posts

Amazon do this as well.
    They decide that someone is accessing your account, freeze it, and then send you an access code that doesn't work, by e-mail.
    If you do nothing, they keep sending you fresh codes, and none of them work.
    Easiest thing is to find a more sensible online supplier. They are usually cheaper when you do.

Thread Information