eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Good news about the virus

Default Re: Good news about the virus

Quote Originally Posted by tony41 View Post
    I just hope that when (if) we do come out the other side of the pandemic that we don't go back to the way things were. The NHS should be properly funded and the NHS staff properly paid in future. It is amazing how many of the workers who we now regard as essential are on minimum wage and/or zero hours contracts. We really should do something about this in future!!

I agree wholeheartedly! Rather than stand outside clapping (one hand is still somewhat tender, anyway) I am planning a series of letters to MP's from top down giving them a right-royal roasting for their penny pinching and pointing out that some of us remember the NHS bill going through Parliament and exactly who voted against it!!

Kirton In Lindsey, Lincolnshire, United Kingdom
    View yellerbelly's Feedback (+97)
    All-About yellerbelly
    View yellerbelly's Listings
    Forum Posts

poem to cheer spirits
    An Immingham woman is sharing a poem to cheer spirits in northern Lincolnshire.

The poem by Evelyn Suddaby, 81, reads:

Coronavirus is the latest disease

To bring all nations to their knees

It’s hit every country from East to West

To find a cure they will do their best

It’s really quite sad, we are in a muddle

We have no answer to this puzzle

It’s spread worldwide it shows no pity

It’s in the smallest town and biggest city

We’ve all been advised to take great care

To sit at home in our comfy chair

Not to venture out to meet and greet

But to stay at home, not in the street

The shops are empty the shelves are bare

This panic buying is everywhere

No Coca Cola and no orange squash

No toilet rolls and no antiseptic hand wash

What is happening what can we do

How will we manage when we go to the loo

In my comfy chair I continue sitting

Knit one purl doing my knitting

There’s one thing for sure when this is all over

I will have finally finished my grandsons pullover

My sympathy I send for the souls we have lost

This virus has hit us at great cost

But if we take care however long it lasts

This deadly virus will soon be part of our past.

My thanks I give to the N.H.S.

And to all the folk who are doing their best

Drivers, carers, shelf fillers too

Farmers, pharmacists there are quite a few

Many in the back ground we’ve never met

These are the people we will never forget

They have taken great risks and played their part

I THANK THEM ALL FROM THE BOTTOM OF MY HEART

The following was forwarded to us by the secretary of OH's retirement group. We do not know the writer, only that his name is Frank.

Its a good thing I have friends who have less to do than I do… Half of us are going to come out of this quarantine as amazing cooks. The other half will come out with a drinking problem.
    I used to spin that toilet paper like I was on Wheel of Fortune. Now I turn it like I'm cracking a safe.

I need to practice social-distancing from the refrigerator.

Still haven't decided where to go for Easter ----- The Living Room or The Bedroom

P.S: every few days try your jeans on just to make sure they fit. Pajamas will have you believe all is well in the kingdom.

Homeschooling is going well. 2 students suspended for fighting and 1 teacher fired for drinking on the job.

I don't think anyone expected that when we changed the clocks we'd go from Standard Time to the Twilight Zone

This morning I saw a neighbour talking to her cat. It was obvious she thought her cat understood her. I came into my house, told my dog..... we laughed a lot.

So, after this quarantine.....will the producers of My 600 Pound Life just find me or do I find them?

Quarantine Day 5: Went to this restaurant called THE KITCHEN. You have to gather all the ingredients and make your own meal. I have no clue how this place is still in business.

My body has absorbed so much soap and disinfectant lately that when I pee it cleans the toilet.

Day 5 of Homeschooling: One of these little monsters called in a bomb threat.

I'm so excited --- it's time to take out the garbage. What should I wear?

I hope the weather is good tomorrow for my trip to Puerto Backyarda. I'm getting tired of Los Livingroom.

Classified Ad: Single man with toilet paper seeks woman with hand sanitizer for good clean fun.

Day 6 of Homeschooling: My child just said "I hope I don't have the same teacher next year".... I'm offended.

Better 6 feet apart than 6 feet under

Ipswich - The Jewel Of The East -, Suffolk, United Kingdom
    View squern's Feedback (+2196)
    All-About squern
    View squern's Listings
    Forum Posts

And to think I started this thread as a sort of antidote to all the bad news and negativity we were hearing.

It has just degenerated into arguments about what good taste is, or isn't, and what constitutes a snide remark.

I think some people need to clear their brains, to avoid taking offence at every little thing, and just stop and think where we all are.
    Nearly 1000 people died in this country today.

Forum Saint
    View moonwitch's Feedback (+1616)
    All-About moonwitch
    View moonwitch's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by squern View Post
    And to think I started this thread as a sort of antidote to all the bad news and negativity we were hearing.

It has just degenerated into arguments about what good taste is, or isn't, and what constitutes a snide remark.

I think some people need to clear their brains, to avoid taking offence at every little thing, and just stop and think where we all are.
    Well put!!!....I'm admin on a Lockdown related group on Facebook and have to delete dodgy posts every day to keep the group positive

Forum Master
    View tony41's Feedback (+10028)
    All-About tony41
    View tony41's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by squern View Post

The problem is when some people post items which are not relevant to the thread.

I've been making 'phone calls to people I know, mainly from church, checking that all is well with them. I have also received calls from some, all of them 90 years or over, checking on me, a mere stripling! It's as if older brother/sister is looking out for me - a very strange feeling! Nice though...

I've been thinking about that last post. I do not know directly of anybody who has the virus, which is surprising considering the number of registered practising catholics there are in this area, the vast majority of whom are in contact through various platforms. I haven't even had any of the usual "reported cases" which have to be discounted. You know the ones: "So-and-so told me that her next door neighbour has it!"

Perhaps people are being more circumspect now that they are being forced to live in a real world for a change, and don't need gossip to create a sensation.

View Posbear's Feedback (+43)
    All-About Posbear
    View Posbear's Listings
    Forum Posts

We should all be proud of Captain Tom, the new Super-Hero of the world...

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-englan...herts-52303859
    Graham

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, it is about learning to dance in the rain.

[QUOTE=Posbear;1718789]We should all be proud of Captain Tom, the new Super-Hero of the world...

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-englan...herts-52303859[/QUOTE

Agreed, Posbear! And to your "proud" I would personally add "amazed"! I would not attempt anything remotely like this; he went off to war when I was born!! I can imagine his saying to himself when he saw the need - ​"*** this for a game of soldiers! I'll tackle the part that the government is ignoring!"

Thread Information