Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: horrible, ugly ?

Thornton Cleveleys, Lancashire, United Kingdom
    View cheaver's Feedback (+1050)
    All-About cheaver
    View cheaver's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default horrible, ugly ?

Horrible, ham-fisted, heavy handed, ugly, very childish - those great big out of proportion, ugly orange strips on the forum page.... and search box.....

open to disagreement, of course.....

Name:  e2.jpg
Views: 164
Size:  31.9 KB

Name:  e 1.jpg
Views: 165
Size:  26.2 KB

Forum Master
    View tony41's Feedback (+10028)
    All-About tony41
    View tony41's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: horrible, ugly ?

Didn't really notice any difference until you pointed it out. Not sure how different it is, anyway.

Thornton Cleveleys, Lancashire, United Kingdom
    View cheaver's Feedback (+1050)
    All-About cheaver
    View cheaver's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by tony41 View Post
    Didn't really notice any difference until you pointed it out. Not sure how different it is, anyway.

ahhh, memories of happier, discreet and quite attractive times.....

Name:  cc f.jpg
Views: 167
Size:  14.8 KB

I had noticed but not reacted. Must say I prefer the cooler colours...

View Posbear's Feedback (+43)
    All-About Posbear
    View Posbear's Listings
    Forum Posts

The orange is too vivid, not easy on the eye, but at least the orange circular logo has gone.

They must be following feebay's method of fixing something that's not broken.

The main eBid page for selling and buying is really nice, a great improvement.
    I wish that theme was adapted for the forum.
    Last edited by Posbear; 16th April 2020 at 08:11 AM.
    Graham

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, it is about learning to dance in the rain.

Forum Saint
    View Anniemcc2's Feedback (+3934)
    All-About Anniemcc2
    View Anniemcc2's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Posbear View Post
    The main eBid page for selling and buying is really nice, a great improvement.
    At least the Seller's message / holiday notice is bigger and more visible at last - but would still like to be able to use colour.

Well it looks ok but the UGLY part is the upgrade price increase. I am trying to get lots of people to use this site which is still difficult since they just claim the traffic is not worth it but now the price to upgrade is up its going to make it even harder. I don't think i can convince some now and people are really trying to stop using eBay as much but they need an incentive

Quote Originally Posted by HaggisLover View Post
    Well it looks ok but the UGLY part is the upgrade price increase. I am trying to get lots of people to use this site which is still difficult since they just claim the traffic is not worth it but now the price to upgrade is up its going to make it even harder. I don't think i can convince some now and people are really trying to stop using eBay as much but they need an incentive
    The fee's have been the same for years,you dont need to have a lifetime subscription to sell here. I noticed on my Ebay account today Ebay Managed Payments will be coming in a couple of months, so hopefully sellers from Ebay who prefer to pay with Paypal, and want to have have access to their money through Paypal instantly will want to join onboard Ebid and bring much needed inventory over.

I'm confused and haven't got an answer on another thread, so I'll ask again here.

I don't have a lifetime subscription. I use Platinum Listings. The Home Page says "Never pay more than 3% (FVF)"

Help > FAQs > Do you have a list of different auction fees: Shows Basic listings and Platinum Listings, both for non-Seller+ sellers with a FVF of 5%.

Is this an increase from the 3% I have always payed or a mis-print??
    ---------- * ---------- * ---------- * ---------- ---------- * ---------- * ---------- * ---------- * ----------

http://uk.ebid.net/users/theElench

Not having a having a lifetime subscription (and answering my own question above) I've had my FVF raised to 5%. Still far better than the 10 - 15% elsewhere but 60% increase in one jump is a bit harsh IMO.

Also only my opinion but if you want inventory moving over from obay, you need to get many more of the small sellers that are leaving them, heading here. The lifetime subscription (at £49.99) put many off, at £69.99 it will deter even more.

I'd also try promoting Platinum Listings (or even just make it noticeable) -- 5p to list - 5% FVF, 5 photos + paypal integrated checkout, as the stepping stone to get them here. THEN try persuading them to part with the subscription. And having SOMETHING that shows CLEARLY that there are sales here every day of the week would help as well. Like Sold items in green on the HP or a Transaction Counter for each seller on their listings. PLEASE.
    ---------- * ---------- * ---------- * ---------- ---------- * ---------- * ---------- * ---------- * ----------

http://uk.ebid.net/users/theElench

Thread Information