Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Congratulations!

Default Re: Congratulations!

Quote Originally Posted by love_to_stitch View Post
    Then I shall make it clear:

CONGRATULATIONS BORIS AND CARRIE ON THE BIRTH OF YOUR BABY.

What you want to read into it, is up to you. I was merely reporting the news with a link.
    And I reiterate my welcome to the innocent - and my dismay concerning those who make promises/vows - and fail to keep them, not just on the one occasion...so sad for the children of such unions.

Forum Saint
    View moonwitch's Feedback (+1616)
    All-About moonwitch
    View moonwitch's Listings
    Forum Posts

I fail to see why a person's family background has anything to do with their employment.

Matthew 7:1-3 King James Version (KJV)

7 Judge not, that ye be not judged.
    2 For with what judgment ye judge, ye shall be judged: and with what measure ye mete, it shall be measured to you again.
    3 And why beholdest thou the mote that is in thy brother's eye, but considerest not the beam that is in thine own eye?

The PM, whoever they are at any given time are not there to be the example of perceived morality rules

I think it's lovely news as Boris and Carrie have had a difficult time recently

Quote Originally Posted by moonwitch View Post
    I fail to see why a person's family background has anything to do with their employment.

Matthew 7:1-3 King James Version (KJV)

7 Judge not, that ye be not judged.
    2 For with what judgment ye judge, ye shall be judged: and with what measure ye mete, it shall be measured to you again.
    3 And why beholdest thou the mote that is in thy brother's eye, but considerest not the beam that is in thine own eye?

The PM, whoever they are at any given time are not there to be the example of perceived morality rules

I think it's lovely news as Boris and Carrie have had a difficult time recently

Well said mooney, my sentiments exactly.
    Visit my clothes store -here
    Look in my treasure in trove ! here
    For
    soy wax candles, tarts & melts click here
    For trading cards click here
    Visit my Tazo barhere

Laurencekirk, Aberdeenshire, United Kingdom
    View Maelbrigda's Feedback (+2605)
    All-About Maelbrigda
    View Maelbrigda's Listings
    Forum Posts

As she previously said early summer, the baby may be a few weeks early. It would be no wonder with what they have gone through.
    Simply Handmade all my handmade items
    Maelbrigda's Bits and Pieces For Clothing and Jewellery, Ornaments, Odds & Ends & Much More
    Craft Store Crafty bits & pieces. Patterns, Card, Yarn, Stamps and more
    Books, Blu Rays, DVD's, CD's and Vinyl Records
    https://www.ebid.net/uk/stores/The-Pagan-Tree

Please have a look. I combine postage wherever possible.

[QUOTE=Maelbrigda;1719275]As she previously said early summer, the baby may be a few weeks early. It would be no wonder with what they have gone through.[/QUOTE

It's the teasing and verbal battering such kids (the word was in regular use during the Elizabethan and Jacobean periods) receive that worries me most. I've been in situations where others in a class have caught on that little Tommy's 5 brothers and sisters are half brothers and sisters - and that there are 6 different fathers! Mum, a very pleasant lady, fell into the trap of believing that having a baby by a man will cement the relationship. I need comment no further on this point.

As for "splinters and planks" - the quotation must be read within the context of the old law. I am not meting out execution, or any other punishment for that matter. I also know that St Paul said that all authority came from God - but I am aware that he was wriggling on the Caesarean hook (excuse the pun) rather than the horns of a dilemma, hence was making an attempt to "render unto Caesar" (to use the KJV English).

"I fail to see why a person's family background has anything to do with their employment"... A puzzling statement; however, thinking about it, it would not be a bad idea to check the backgrounds of our so-called "Great Leaders" over the years as many seem to belong to that wonderful club whose motto is: "Don't do what I do, do what I say!!"

It doesn't matter a hang because the salt is still on the table! Well done Colonel Tom - a natural leader and the only one who has so far inspired this people to do what needed to be done, rather than waft around a lot of unnecessary rhetoric.

View astral276's Feedback (+194)
    All-About astral276
    View astral276's Listings
    Forum Posts

Popped into the forums for a bit of light relief.

Clearly none to be had here.

Exits via the nearest door.

Quote Originally Posted by astral276 View Post
    Popped into the forums for a bit of light relief.

Clearly none to be had here.

Exits via the nearest door.
    You'll find it with the Colonel!

Forum Master
    View tony41's Feedback (+10028)
    All-About tony41
    View tony41's Listings
    Forum Posts

Captain Tom Moore is 100 today. Now that is a cause ffor congratulations (and celebrations)

Quote Originally Posted by tony41 View Post
    Captain Tom Moore is 100 today. Now that is a cause ffor congratulations (and celebrations)
    ​Exactly...agree 100% - but I went with the new rank!!!

Thread Information