Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Good News For the Over 70's

Forum Saint
    View moonwitch's Feedback (+1616)
    All-About moonwitch
    View moonwitch's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Good News For the Over 70's

Latest news is that although studies show that over 70's are at higher risk than younger people of COVID-19 complications , they are not expected to live a more restricted life than younger people, providing the over 70's are healthy.

Here is how the BBC reports this

Default Re: Good News For the Over 70's

Quote Originally Posted by moonwitch View Post
    Latest news is that although studies show that over 70's are at higher risk than younger people of COVID-19 complications , they are not expected to live a more restricted life than younger people, providing the over 70's are healthy.

Here is how the BBC reports this
    If I am reading this correctly (and I may very well be mistaken here), this means that I might still be able to chase a lady aged between 65 and 69 around the table....hmmm! Hang on while I make sure I know where my Glyceryl Trinitrate Spray is!!

Forum Saint
    All-About moonwitch
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by cambrensis View Post
    If I am reading this correctly (and I may very well be mistaken here), this means that I might still be able to chase a lady aged between 65 and 69 around the table....hmmm! Hang on while I make sure I know where my Glyceryl Trinitrate Spray is!!
    You will be able to chase anyone you like so long as you keep 2m apart lol

I would suggest you stock upon sprays

[QUOTE=moonwitch;1719527]You will be able to chase anyone you like so long as you keep 2m apart lol

I would suggest you stock upon sprays[/QUOTE

Oh my! Trust me to forget the 2m rule! At the moment I have several spray cans - one for suit jacket, one for casual jacket, one for overcoat, one for car etc.. However, keeping all in one place would be dangerous. Hmmm...I shall need to rethink this.

Perhaps Boris Not Quite (Good Enough!) will have some wisdom to add. Mayhap I should double the "R" in "Spray" - a comforting thought....

Forum Saint
    All-About moonwitch
    Forum Posts

Does this help? (remembering healthy people whatever age have the same rules)

Name:  96548744_10158835046995864_984388615704412160_n.jpg
Views: 75
Size:  59.9 KB

Forum Master
    View tony41's Feedback (+10028)
    All-About tony41
    View tony41's Listings
    Forum Posts

Does this help? (remembering healthy people whatever age have the same rules)

Name:  96548744_10158835046995864_984388615704412160_n.jpg
Views: 75
Size:  59.9 KB

No much help really. Remember that this does not apply to Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland.

Forum Saint
    All-About moonwitch
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by tony41 View Post
    No much help really. Remember that this does not apply to Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland.
    I can't help that. The last time I looked, I was English and live in England. The rules for Wales, Scotland and Northern Ireland are down to those countries.

I can't help that. The last time I looked, I was English and live in England. The rules for Wales, Scotland and Northern Ireland are down to those countries.
    I'm in a quandary about it - I'm a Kentishman first and foremost and we're a bit feisty about these things being lumped on us by Lunderners. Being a Kentishman is a bit like being a Yorkshireman but without the gob and a tad more intelligence...

Quote Originally Posted by Mandart View Post
    I'm in a quandary about it - I'm a Kentishman first and foremost and we're a bit feisty about these things being lumped on us by Lunderners. Being a Kentishman is a bit like being a Yorkshireman but without the gob and a tad more intelligence...
    Well said Mandart! (I am one who was taught the difference between a "Kentishman" and a "Man of Kent" as a schoolboy!) If you check the BBC news page, you'll see the Heddlu already have signs up on the border.
    The whole problem, of course, stems from Boris "Not Quite"' attempting to speak to the whole of the UK and saying that we are allowed to travel from a to b in order to exercise. He, or his advisers, ignored the fact that the Senedd had said that such journeys were not allowed in Wales - add in the "second homers" and the problem is multiplied. Thanks Boris!

Loved the "visual", Moonie! I'll be fine going downhill - been doing that for years! Lol!

Mandart! May the Medway continue to run sweetly for you!

Quote Originally Posted by cambrensis View Post
    Well said Mandart! (I am one who was taught the difference between a "Kentishman" and a "Man of Kent" as a schoolboy!)
    Mandart! May the Medway continue to run sweetly for you!
    Haha - a Knowledgeable Person! I live in sight of the River Medway - albeit in Man of Kent territory these days, but, hey, I don't mind slumming it a bit...

Thread Information