Default Keeping pinterest links active?

I forgot what we need to do so our Pinterest links to our items stay active

Can anyone remind me?

thanks in advance

View Policequilts's Feedback (+995)
    All-About Policequilts
    View Policequilts's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: Keeping pinterest links active?

I was planning on asking more about Pinterest and eBid.
    I had some more listing to do and then to start really figuring out what I am doing.

But I think . . . (oh oh! )
    * If you have your item listed with Good Until Sold : You don't have to worry about the "Listing Number" changing.
    * If you have you items listed with AutoPost : that you need to change that date out so that your "Listing Number" doesn't change.

I think I think I think this is right.

Laurencekirk, Aberdeenshire, United Kingdom
    View Maelbrigda's Feedback (+2605)
    All-About Maelbrigda
    View Maelbrigda's Listings
    Forum Posts

It has now changed. Any item bulk reposted now keeps same listing number
    Simply Handmade all my handmade items
    Maelbrigda's Bits and Pieces For Clothing and Jewellery, Ornaments, Odds & Ends & Much More
    Craft Store Crafty bits & pieces. Patterns, Card, Yarn, Stamps and more
    Books, Blu Rays, DVD's, CD's and Vinyl Records
    https://www.ebid.net/uk/stores/The-Pagan-Tree

Please have a look. I combine postage wherever possible.

Nice - thanks for that info

All-About Policequilts
    Forum Posts

I want to get it clear in my head about eBid listings and Pinterest.

Having listings "Good Til Sold" will remain the same ID# (unless you cancel the listing)

Having listings that have a number of days with auto listing will remain with the same ID# until it completes the auto listing time.
    Ex: 30 days with auto listing 10 times

Having listings that have a number of days with auto listing will remain with the same ID# until it completes the auto listing time UNLESS you update the listings before the last day of the last auto posting ? ?
    Ex: 30 day with auto listing 10 times . . .
    On day 27, auto listing #10 you go and change the auto posting amount ? ? ? ?

Having listings as auctions, the ID# will change when auction is done and you go to relist the item.
    I guess what I want to know is that Pinterest pinning links are good for a long time for #1 & #2.
    Is it for #3 ?
    And I take it, that it is not worth pinning auctions for there short link life. ?

I have been pinning and I notice that I had pinned a few of the sellers auctions and I want to make my pinning more viable.

Thanks,
    Just trying to clear the brain fog.

All-About Policequilts
    Forum Posts

Can a seller confirm or make a comment on the above.

I have been pinning items and I want to make sure I can get the "best life" of a pin to Pinterest.

Thanks

All-About Policequilts
    Forum Posts

I am bringing this thread back up to clear up in my mind about the Product ID assigned to the listing so that I can have items pinned for a link that last longer.

Some of you know I have a Pinterest account that I use to promote myself and other sellers here and other sites. I need a better grasp of things here.

1) Any seller (with Store) that has "good until sold" will always have the same Item ID # :
    * * * the link will last until the listing is deleted or sold.

2) Any seller (with Store) that has Buy It Now with auto-posting will still have the same Item ID # :
    * * * the link will last until the reposting ends or the item is deleted or sold.

3) Sellers that pay a monthly fees : ( I think theElench sells this way, I don't see Store behind the name. )
    Does this mean that when your items reach 30 days or the end of the month you pay that you have to relist the items and the Item ID # changes ? ? ?
    I know a lot of sellers on Kitchen Table that a lot are always relisting. But it seems that they have stores and are relisting a lot. Am I missing something?

4) Auctions lose their Item ID # when the auction ends and if they relist the item...
    * * * So that pinning would be a very short term advertising and not time well spent.

I am trying to understand #3.
    I like to pin items that have long term time for people to find the items.

Laurencekirk, Aberdeenshire, United Kingdom
    View Maelbrigda's Feedback (+2605)
    All-About Maelbrigda
    View Maelbrigda's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Policequilts View Post
    I am bringing this thread back up to clear up in my mind about the Product ID assigned to the listing so that I can have items pinned for a link that last longer.

Some of you know I have a Pinterest account that I use to promote myself and other sellers here and other sites. I need a better grasp of things here.

1) Any seller (with Store) that has "good until sold" will always have the same Item ID # :
    * * * the link will last until the listing is deleted or sold.

2) Any seller (with Store) that has Buy It Now with auto-posting will still have the same Item ID # :
    * * * the link will last until the reposting ends or the item is deleted or sold.

3) Sellers that pay a monthly fees : ( I think theElench sells this way, I don't see Store behind the name. )
    Does this mean that when your items reach 30 days or the end of the month you pay that you have to relist the items and the Item ID # changes ? ? ?
    I know a lot of sellers on Kitchen Table that a lot are always relisting. But it seems that they have stores and are relisting a lot. Am I missing something?

4) Auctions lose their Item ID # when the auction ends and if they relist the item...
    * * * So that pinning would be a very short term advertising and not time well spent.

I am trying to understand #3.
    I like to pin items that have long term time for people to find the items.

If you have items listed as bin and have checked 10 relists x however many days your listings run until either sold or the aforesaid time runs out. When that happens the items go into your items i ran page. From here you can check relist and your items rrelist with the SAME kisting number. This means that click throughs from Pinterest etc. still work.

Those of use that are always relisting usually have thousands of listings ( I have nearly 4000) These are spread out to finish spread out over the days/months so that they do not all end at once.

No.4 is wrong. This used to be the case but eBid listened and rectified it so a listing would retain its same listing number.

Any further help needed - just ask
    Simply Handmade all my handmade items
    Maelbrigda's Bits and Pieces For Clothing and Jewellery, Ornaments, Odds & Ends & Much More
    Craft Store Crafty bits & pieces. Patterns, Card, Yarn, Stamps and more
    Books, Blu Rays, DVD's, CD's and Vinyl Records
    https://www.ebid.net/uk/stores/The-Pagan-Tree

Please have a look. I combine postage wherever possible.

All-About Policequilts
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Maelbrigda View Post
    If you have items listed as bin and have checked 10 relists x however many days your listings run until either sold or the aforesaid time runs out. When that happens the items go into your items i ran page. From here you can check relist and your items rrelist with the SAME kisting number. This means that click throughs from Pinterest etc. still work.

Those of use that are always relisting usually have thousands of listings ( I have nearly 4000) These are spread out to finish spread out over the days/months so that they do not all end at once.

No.4 is wrong. This used to be the case but eBid listened and rectified it so a listing would retain its same listing number.

Any further help needed - just ask

A big THANK YOU for your help.

I had taken over a month break from Pinterest to clean up my shops and getting my information for tax preparation.

I feel better and comfortable about pinning other eBid sellers without being on the "picky" side for longer lasting pins to help sellers

Thread Information