eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Stupidity will get you locked down, maybe for ever.

Ipswich - The Jewel Of The East -, Suffolk, United Kingdom
    View squern's Feedback (+2196)
    All-About squern
    View squern's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Stupidity will get you locked down, maybe for ever.

There is talk about local lockdowns again, and lockdown according to age, but I have a better idea.
    :
    People should be locked down and isolated according to intelligence.
    The ones who flock to the beach, or scramble over each other to get into Primark at 7.30 in the morning should be first.
    They are the most stupid, so should be locked down (or up) for the longest.

Next are those who won't wear a mask because it infringes their civil liberties, and those who pack into pubs.

They should be isolated until the pandemic has passed, or until they learn enough common sense to listen to what is being said to them.

Perhaps they should all live together in camps. Some might never get out of isolation, of course - the really stupid ones - but that may be a good thing: They will be prevented from doing other stupid things to anybody else except people who are as stupid as they are.

Don't quite know how Boris would sell the idea though.

Default Re: Stupidity will get you locked down, maybe for ever.

I know EXACTLY what you mean.... we're both in our 60s, we do everything right and yet the whispers are that WE should go and isolate again whilst everyone else keeps gong down the pub and having parties...

Forum Saint
    View moonwitch's Feedback (+1616)
    All-About moonwitch
    View moonwitch's Listings
    Forum Posts

Viruses are really tricky. I was advised back in the 80's to do what I can to avoid them as my thyroid disorder was triggered by one

My episode back in 2016 was triggered by a bog standard coronavirus (implicated in the common cold) and I ended up with multiple organ failure, a cardiac arrest and several days in a coma.

I really don't want to go back to ICU due to COVID-19 as someone else would have to stay at home with Billy and he wouldn't be allowed to see me on a COVID ward

Kirton In Lindsey, Lincolnshire, United Kingdom
    View yellerbelly's Feedback (+97)
    All-About yellerbelly
    View yellerbelly's Listings
    Forum Posts

Moonie totslly agree about viruses, I had one in 2003/4 although did not know that was what it was at the time. I was on and off work for 4 months, I would feel great for a few days or a week, go back to work and then be off work again, first time lasted a morning then told to go home as I looked 'like death warmed up' the 2nd time I went back I managed 3 days and was told by my line manager to go home and not to come back until totally fit. I had chest x-rays but did not show a chest infection and everything else was a normal as could be, Dr did not seem to know what the problem was or did not want to tell me, no blood tests were taken though and no medication given. Anyway as I worked for the Civil Service when I went back to work I had to attend a medical interview and was advised then that I had contracted a virus and would have to be careful in the future, coincidence or not my arthritis got worse from then on. It might have been down to the environment I worked in because a colleague went down with a virus a year later but we had different symptoms.

Love the sentiments Squern, I despair of what is happening in this country, look at the brainless lot in Brixton yesterday, and half of them don't even have a clue about what they are demonstrating about and while this goes on we all have to suffer.

It's a good job I can keep busy as yesterday I saw no one and spoke to no one but some people who live alone don't have that advantage and their mental health will be effected, I know mine has but I just give myself a good talking to, crack on and draw up a to do list and work my way through it.������

Stay safe everyone.

Forum Saint
    All-About moonwitch
    Forum Posts

BBC NEWS...
    Next weeks Covid Guidance. You can meet with another person from outside your family with an A or an R in their names unless it's a Wednesday. Family members are OK unless it's the third Monday after Pancake Tuesday. People under 5 foot 11 aren't allowed to go to the pub unless they have brown hair. Cat owners are exempt from the above unless the cat is ginger.��������

View sucadot's Feedback (+845)
    All-About sucadot
    View sucadot's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by squern View Post
    There is talk about local lockdowns again, and lockdown according to age, but I have a better idea.
    :
    People should be locked down and isolated according to intelligence.
    The ones who flock to the beach, or scramble over each other to get into Primark at 7.30 in the morning should be first.
    They are the most stupid, so should be locked down (or up) for the longest.

Next are those who won't wear a mask because it infringes their civil liberties, and those who pack into pubs.

They should be isolated until the pandemic has passed, or until they learn enough common sense to listen to what is being said to them.

Perhaps they should all live together in camps. Some might never get out of isolation, of course - the really stupid ones - but that may be a good thing: They will be prevented from doing other stupid things to anybody else except people who are as stupid as they are.

Don't quite know how Boris would sell the idea though.

Some great ideas there!

I'd also include those who suggest injecting disinfectant as a treatment .....
    [SIGPIC]
    view my listings here

Forum Master
    View tony41's Feedback (+10028)
    All-About tony41
    View tony41's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by sucadot View Post
    Some great ideas there!

I'd also include those who suggest injecting disinfectant as a treatment .....

And those who suggest that we have a world-beating test, track and trace system

Forum Master
    All-About tony41
    View tony41's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by moonwitch View Post
    BBC NEWS...
    Next weeks Covid Guidance. You can meet with another person from outside your family with an A or an R in their names unless it's a Wednesday. Family members are OK unless it's the third Monday after Pancake Tuesday. People under 5 foot 11 aren't allowed to go to the pub unless they have brown hair. Cat owners are exempt from the above unless the cat is ginger.��������
    I really object to the claim that your so-called news should be attributed to the BBC. That could be called libel.

Forum Saint
    All-About moonwitch
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by tony41 View Post
    I really object to the claim that your so-called news should be attributed to the BBC. That could be called libel.

I don't think libel really works with comedy lol

Forum Master
    All-About tony41
    View tony41's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by moonwitch View Post
    I don't think libel really works with comedy lol

If it is comedy (and yes, it is funny) there is no need to drag the BBC into it. It is funny without the BBC reference. As it is obviously not actually true it is tantamount to accusing the BBC of propagating fake news.

Thread Information