eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Multiple Bids ?

View gonzo45's Feedback (+7467)
    All-About gonzo45
    View gonzo45's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Multiple Bids ?

Who gets multiple bids on stamps here ? (From Different Buyers)

Stevo.
    Last edited by gonzo45; 22nd September 2020 at 05:30 PM.

Stratford, Greater London, United Kingdom
    View billsstamps's Feedback (+31364)
    All-About billsstamps
    View billsstamps's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: Multiple Bids ?

Quote Originally Posted by gonzo45 View Post
    Who gets multiple bids on stamps here ? (From Different Buyers)

Stevo.
    I think my stats are one multiple bid in around 20000 sales
    Rev Dr Bill Hopkinson,
    Retired professor

BillsStamps

around 50000 stamps listed, based in London

All-About gonzo45
    View gonzo45's Listings
    Forum Posts

Hi Bill thanks for the reply - It's as I expected, my stats are about 1 multiple bid in 10,000 sales.

And yet I have been accused by support of SHILL bidding ?? Just because a customer of mine (outside of eBID) happens to live at a similar street address. There are over 280 homes in our Village all with similar street addresses. So My customer is locked out of eBid and want's to buy several hundred more stamps and can not find any way to contact support or unlock her a/c. I guessI will have to deal with her as before - outside eBid and on eBay.

Thanks again for the reply
    Stevo
    Last edited by gonzo45; 30th September 2020 at 11:22 AM.

That seems a bit odd, have you tried talking to Support and explaining about the similarity of local addresses?

On the subject of multiple bids. Although I've listed a couple of auctions (not for stamps) most weeks for the past couple of years, I've never even had one bid. All my sales have been BIN
    ---------- * ---------- * ---------- * ---------- ---------- * ---------- * ---------- * ---------- * ----------

http://uk.ebid.net/users/theElench

All-About gonzo45
    View gonzo45's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by theElench View Post
    That seems a bit odd, have you tried talking to Support and explaining about the similarity of local addresses?

On the subject of multiple bids. Although I've listed a couple of auctions (not for stamps) most weeks for the past couple of years, I've never even had one bid. All my sales have been BIN
    Yep, several emails to support answered all their questions I even sent them a link to our village web address
    - They have not answered my questions. Funny that they have locked out my buyer and I am the one that has been accused but my account is still OK.

There are at least 4 other people living here that are interested in my stamps and I have suggested that they all join eBid - Don't think that will happen now.

So I have started more listings of my coins on Feebay and in the last few day have sold over $63.00 worth of Australian coins that have not had a bid on eBid. I will no longer list any more Coins or matchbox labels here and I will be using FeeBay more often. I guess support have done me a favour by driving me away and back to FeeBay.

Cheers
    Steve
    Last edited by gonzo45; 3rd November 2020 at 05:39 AM.

View ropegg's Feedback (+424)
    All-About ropegg
    View ropegg's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by theElench View Post

I agree this is odd but from my experiences it is their normal.

This has happened to me SEVERAL times and EVERY time they punished the buyer (maybe because of the same zip code ???) for what they accused the seller (me) for and that is as close as they came to punishing me. I would also suggest that if you have a wifi it has the potential for increasing this problem. Someone made a purchase from me that went through my wifi and I was accused by eBid of it being done on my computer. It was NOT done on my computer and the only way I can say I was punished is the buyer was blocked.

I was very embarrassed to tell someone who lived halfway across the country visiting my home about eBid and suggesting they sign up but asking them to be sure to not make a purchase from me while in my home or their account would be blocked. To the best of my knowledge they NEVER joined eBid.

There are a lot of things I like about eBid but their attitude toward buyers is not something I like. Let me decide if I want to make a sale to them or not and if there is a reason I feel is detrimental to eBid I will let them know.
    Last edited by ropegg; 23rd September 2020 at 06:28 PM.
    My stores:
    Ropegg
    Cups-Cups-Cups
    And Other Stuff
    Peggy A's Jewels

God Bless and have a great day!!!!

All-About gonzo45
    View gonzo45's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ropegg View Post
    I agree this is odd but from my experiences it is their normal.

This has happened to me SEVERAL times and EVERY time they punished the buyer (maybe because of the same zip code ???) for what they accused the seller (me) for and that is as close as they came to punishing me. I would also suggest that if you have a wifi it has the potential for increasing this problem. Someone made a purchase from me that went through my wifi and I was accused by eBid of it being done on my computer. It was NOT done on my computer and the only way I can say I was punished is the buyer was blocked.

I was very embarrassed to tell someone who lived halfway across the country visiting my home about eBid and suggesting they sign up but asking them to be sure to not make a purchase from me while in my home or their account would be blocked. To the best of my knowledge they NEVER joined eBid.

There are a lot of things I like about eBid but their attitude toward buyers is not something I like. Let me decide if I want to make a sale to them or not and if there is a reason I feel is detrimental to eBid I will let them know.
    You have just indicated another possible problem with the eBid system... We mostly buy our internet services from our Village admin so our internet comes to us from the same server maybe this upsets the eBid computers?

Cheers
    Steve.

All-About gonzo45
    View gonzo45's Listings
    Forum Posts

Locked out now - Pending their verifying documents.. :-(

All-About gonzo45
    View gonzo45's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by gonzo45 View Post
    Locked out now - Pending their verifying documents.. :-(

Both accounts (Buyer and Seller) now unlocked - Full access restored and documents not required.

Only took ten days !!

Stevo

View burgyeb's Feedback (+946)
    All-About burgyeb
    View burgyeb's Listings
    Forum Posts

Glad things worked out for you and your buyer. Congratulations on your stellar sales on eBid.

Thread Information