eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: Ebid - paypal connection

Stratford, Greater London, United Kingdom
    View billsstamps's Feedback (+31499)
    All-About billsstamps
    View billsstamps's Listings
    Forum Posts

Question Ebid - paypal connection

I now have a collection of 6 regular buyers who normally pay immediately, but have now not paid for up to 6 days.

One tardy payer is not unusual,but six at the same time??

Invoice is logged in Ebid, reminders sent, but no payments, so is there a problem somewhere?

• Buyers not being able to use paypal from Ebid invoice? Though one buyer paid OK on 13th.
    • All laid low with Covid-19?
    • Fluke?
    Rev Dr Bill Hopkinson,
    Retired professor

BillsStamps

around 50000 stamps listed, based in London

Forum Saint
    View moonwitch's Feedback (+1616)
    All-About moonwitch
    View moonwitch's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: Ebid - paypal connection

Quote Originally Posted by billsstamps View Post
    I now have a collection of 6 regular buyers who normally pay immediately, but have now not paid for up to 6 days.

Invoice is logged in Ebid, reminders sent, but no payments, so is there a problem somewhere?

• Buyers not being able to use paypal from Ebid invoice? Though one buyer paid OK on 13th.
    • Fluke?
    I have been buying from eBid since 2006 and regularly forget the numerous steps in the right order to pay through the invoice.

I can see it as an issue with new buyers who don't understand the complicated sequencing that has to happen to enable paypal payment through an invoice

If I still have difficulties after years of buying it must be difficult for new buyers and also your regular buyers if they also buy on less tricky places

View gazza's Feedback (+2)
    All-About gazza
    View gazza's Listings
    Forum Posts

• Fluke?

Can you give us listing ID#s so we can check the payment links.

Thx,
    Gazza
    eBid.net
    Free to Bid | Free to List | Free to Enjoy
    GBP and USD Affiliate Program Re-Launched .. Promote eBid and earn
    Got a problem? Record it for us using http://screencast-o-matic.com/

Could this be something to do with paypal's insisting that the ONLY way to complete SCA (to log into paypal) is by getting a code by text on a mobile?

They have been pestering me for months to give them a mobile number "to continue having un-interrupted access" to my account. Difficult, as I don't use one. I've been following some of the threads on paypal's Community Board and they are now denying some account holders access. The only advice their "volunteer advisers" are giving is to buy a cheap mobile.
    ---------- * ---------- * ---------- * ---------- ---------- * ---------- * ---------- * ---------- * ----------

http://uk.ebid.net/users/theElench

Kirton In Lindsey, Lincolnshire, United Kingdom
    View yellerbelly's Feedback (+97)
    All-About yellerbelly
    View yellerbelly's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by theElench View Post
    Could this be something to do with paypal's insisting that the ONLY way to complete SCA (to log into paypal) is by getting a code by text on a mobile?

They have been pestering me for months to give them a mobile number "to continue having un-interrupted access" to my account. Difficult, as I don't use one. I've been following some of the threads on paypal's Community Board and they are now denying some account holders access. The only advice their "volunteer advisers" are giving is to buy a cheap mobile.
    Not had any problems yet but then again no sales on ebid last one was YDC. Elench like you I'm not fond of them but they do have their uses, as for cheap mobiles, that's all I have cost me £9.99 from Tesco back in 2015, Top it up with £10. every 6 months approx use it for when I am away from home, when people ask for my mobile number I have to say sorry don't know it I never ring myself. Did have a text message from Tesco though this morning telling me about a deal they have on smart phones so I can then have all the apps especially the covid one. Nah!!! I'll stick to what I've got and know thanks, I DON'T WANT TO BE TRACKED EVER!!!! my privacy is important to me as for the companies that tell you that £$%%**@".👀👀👀👀

Sadly our privacy is compromised whatever we do. To mis-quote The Police "Every move you make, every key you tap. They are watching you".

No, I will not be buying a mobile simply to allow paypal to sell the data they can then gather to advertisers and share with other US data monopolies. They have accepted UK financial services T&Cs in order to carry on their business here. They have signed-up to comply with the UK legal requirements and FCA recommendations but have then chosen to ignore them. I will continue to sell on ebid and use paypal as my payment medium.

If paypal decides to deny me access to my funds solely because I do not have a mobile, in contravention of UK FCA guidelines I will take the matter further.
    ---------- * ---------- * ---------- * ---------- ---------- * ---------- * ---------- * ---------- * ----------

Stratford, Greater London, United Kingdom
    View billsstamps's Feedback (+31499)
    All-About billsstamps
    View billsstamps's Listings
    Forum Posts

• Fluke?
    Eventually most of them paid, except one, now marked NPB.
    Rev Dr Bill Hopkinson,
    Retired professor

BillsStamps

around 50000 stamps listed, based in London

Quote Originally Posted by theElench View Post
    Sadly our privacy is compromised whatever we do. To mis-quote The Police "Every move you make, every key you tap. They are watching you".

No, I will not be buying a mobile simply to allow paypal to sell the data they can then gather to advertisers and share with other US data monopolies. They have accepted UK financial services T&Cs in order to carry on their business here. They have signed-up to comply with the UK legal requirements and FCA recommendations but have then chosen to ignore them. I will continue to sell on ebid and use paypal as my payment medium.

If paypal decides to deny me access to my funds solely because I do not have a mobile, in contravention of UK FCA guidelines I will take the matter further.
    A quick update on this.

The regular poster on another board that I have referred to before has answered another question put by buyers / sellers having trouble logging into paypal.

They are now saying "or set up the 'Secret Answer' section of your Account Security to avoid getting a verification text at all". (Paraphrased from memory, but that's the gist of it).

I've found in the past that their information on things paypal is usually accurate. So for anyone without a mobile, or poor / non-existent reception, this might save them problems in the future.

Thread Information