eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: Photo uploads

Forum Newbie
    North Chesterfield, Virginia, United States
    All-About Mimisboutique
    View Mimisboutique's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Photo uploads

Hello, my photos are not showing. Please advise.

Default Re: Photo uploads

If you didn't check the Gallery option for Platinum or Seller+ when listing (which carries a small fee charged only when your item sells - very worth it), then the photo will only be seen within the listing itself.

If you didn't select the Gallery option, then a thumbnail image will not be visible in search results or when viewing a page of all your listings.

I don't think that's quite right rocks.

I think a Seller+ member has to tick the Gallery option.

But a Seller using a Platinum Listing pays a 5p listing fee (plus 5% FVF) which includes (among other things) Gallery photos and a thumbnail on the results page.

I use Platinum Listings all the time and have never ticked the Gallery option.
    ---------- * ---------- * ---------- * ---------- ---------- * ---------- * ---------- * ---------- * ----------

http://uk.ebid.net/users/theElench

View gazza's Feedback (+2)
    All-About gazza
    View gazza's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by theElench View Post
    I don't think that's quite right rocks.

I think a Seller+ member has to tick the Gallery option.

But a Seller using a Platinum Listing pays a 5p listing fee (plus 5% FVF) which includes (among other things) Gallery photos and a thumbnail on the results page.

I use Platinum Listings all the time and have never ticked the Gallery option.
    Thats right theElench.

If you are SELLER status you can use the PLATINUM listing option to show thumbnails. $0.05 listing fee. 5% sale fee

If you are SELLER+ use the GALLERY option for thumbnails. $0.00 listing fee. 2% sale fee

The cheaper options without thumbnails on search result pages are

If you are SELLER status you can use the STANDARD listing option to show thumbnails. $0.00 listing fee. 5% sale fee

If you are SELLER+ use the FREE option for thumbnails. $0.00 listing fee. 0% sale fee
    eBid.net
    Free to Bid | Free to List | Free to Enjoy
    GBP and USD Affiliate Program Re-Launched .. Promote eBid and earn
    Got a problem? Record it for us using http://screencast-o-matic.com/

Thanks for the confirmation Gazza, it's not the first time that I've seen replies that have mis-quoted what is included with a Platinum Listing. (Probably down to most replies being posted by Seller+ members, we all know best the parts of ebid we use most often)

May I add that IMO Platinum Listings might benefit from a bit more publicity and through them ebid as a whole. They fill the gap between the Standard listing (for occasional sellers) and sellers with large numbers of items to sell, for whom the Seller+ option is the most attractive.

But what about those in between? Who have tens or even a couple of hundred items to sell? Isn't ebid missing out on so many of them? The £50 up-front fee can be off-putting but 5p/c +5% FVF is a bargain compared to some other sites. Especially as it includes 5 photos and integrated checkout. To my mind it makes a natural stepping-stone from obay to ebid.

I appreciate that you see a bigger picture of the economics of running the site than I can, but would it not be true to say that increasing regular income from listing fees (and FVFs as the listings sell) puts ebid in a better position than being (perhaps?) overly reliant on Seller+ fees in advance?

Giving Platinum Listings a boost with a mention on the Home Page along with Seller+ and "Free to List" might have surprising results. Many don't want to risk buying Seller+ on a site they don't know, but I was quite happy to risk a handful of 5p fees to test the water. I'm still here seven years later, still listing, still selling and still paying fees.

And I must add that this year has been my best ever on ebid and thank you for providing this platform. Three more sales this week putting ebid again in a comfortable lead over the other site that charges me double what I pay here.
    Last edited by theElench; 12th November 2020 at 05:30 PM.
    ---------- * ---------- * ---------- * ---------- ---------- * ---------- * ---------- * ---------- * ----------

http://uk.ebid.net/users/theElench

View MPS16's Feedback (+3501)
    All-About MPS16
    View MPS16's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by gazza View Post
    .......The cheaper options without thumbnails on search result pages are

If you are SELLER status you can use the STANDARD listing option to show thumbnails. $0.00 listing fee. 5% sale fee

If you are SELLER+ use the FREE option for thumbnails. $0.00 listing fee. 0% sale fee
    Should this actually read as :-

......The cheaper options without thumbnails on search result pages are

If you are SELLER status you can use the STANDARD listing option $0.00 listing fee. 5% sale fee

If you are SELLER+ use the FREE option $0.00 listing fee. 0% sale fee
    Please Visit My Stores

Meccano Shop
    Postcards Shop
    Stamps Shop
    DVD Shop

I'm free-I'm free
    And freedom tastes of reality
    I'm free-I'm free
    And I'm waiting for you to follow me

TOMMY

Thread Information