Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Of course I want it!!

Default Re: Of course I want it!!

Yes - I did understand what you were saying. However, my best guess is that it will be to do with age groups nation wide; I take your further point thought, Tony...it may well be that we get separated into smaller and smaller islands, each with different rules!

View madelaine's Feedback (+5872)
    All-About madelaine
    View madelaine's Listings
    Forum Posts

I don't expect it to be totally in a precise order - the main business is getting as many people as possible vaccinated - but my local surgery is pretty well organised - at the beginning of lockdown they phoned every person in the vulnerable group and checked whether they needed help. I know because, as he is over 70, my husband was one of them. On being told that I was here and we were both well and that we had a group of people we could ask for shopping, we were taken off the list of "might need help" people. This is way beyond what you could expect and I was impressed. And I'm not easily impressed - I've a list as long as your arm of things medical people have messed up for me.
    Madelaine

4 shops for Cats Protection & Prospect Hospice
    My Postcard Shop
    BK Stamps for Philatelic listings
    & Yarnalong for craft patterns
    and
    Lotzabitz -anything that doesn't belong in one of the other shops.

I'm having a coffee after ging for my vaccination and doing a little shopping. What a pleasant experience!

As I walked up to the entrance/exit a lady walked out of the doorway. "Hello Ursula!" said I; "Hello Ian!" came the reply. We know each other from church. Ursula is 96 and walks much better than I do! Lol! We went our separate ways having established we were on the same mission.

I gave my name and the lady who had taken it then led me to another entrance. I could see the person before me removing a jacket and rolling up a sleeve. My jacket was already across my arm and I wear a t-shirt on such occasions.

Jab done, I was then to a small waiting room. About six of us sat there waiting our turn to be released by the doctor in charge- we were made to wait about 5 minutes in case of an adverse reaction. He checked that I knew when my next appointment was - so much for my dementia test! As we were all due again on Jan 5th at the same time it seemed rather pointless; "Ours not to reason why!"

However all was very good humoured and pleasant.
    Last edited by cambrensis; 16th December 2020 at 11:12 AM.

None of the first lot of vaccine has been given to Nottinghamshire so it will most likely be next year before we even appear on the list. Me being 66 and type 2 diabetic will probably be first in our house then Ben & Jenny later. Jenny is several years younger than me so will most likely be further down the list.

View madelaine's Feedback (+5872)
    All-About madelaine
    View madelaine's Listings
    Forum Posts

We have now both received text messages begging us not to ring up and ask when we will be vaccinated. How selfish can people be?
    Madelaine

4 shops for Cats Protection & Prospect Hospice
    My Postcard Shop
    BK Stamps for Philatelic listings
    & Yarnalong for craft patterns
    and
    Lotzabitz -anything that doesn't belong in one of the other shops.

Forum Master
    View tony41's Feedback (+10028)
    All-About tony41
    View tony41's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by madelaine View Post
    We have now both received text messages begging us not to ring up and ask when we will be vaccinated. How selfish can people be?
    If you ring our GP's surgery you get a long recorded message about the preparartions they are making to vaccinate patients, explaining that they are following the order of priorities published by the government and that patients will be called when it is their turn. I presume that they have also been pestered by selfish people.

View JaBek1's Feedback (+25)
    All-About JaBek1
    View JaBek1's Listings
    Forum Posts

While I'm not very familiar with the process in the UK, my wife, who retired from a hospital pharmacy after 35 years, has mentioned that she is uncomfortable with the rush that the vaccine was approved. While I understand the desire to put the pandemic behind us, I'm somewhat skeptical in the emotional way it is being touted by the media.

Just a note, there are already stories of adverse reactions to it being heard on the news over here. Frankly, like many of the health care workers I've talked to about it, I'd prefer that there was a bit more data studied before I'd be rushing to get the shot.

Of course, both my wife and I have come down with Covid and I have even been hospitalized because of it although not in intensive care. Frankly, I'm not too sure that I'm willing to be a Guinee Pig in this case. Alas! I somehow get the picture of future TV ads by lawyers wanting to represent me and my family if we were injured or died after taking the vaccine in my head.

View JaBek1's Feedback (+25)
    All-About JaBek1
    View JaBek1's Listings
    Forum Posts

By the way, it seems that the health care field over here is advising people who have received the vaccine to remain for at 30 minutes in order to be close to medical treatment in the event of an adverse reaction to the vaccine. Just passing along what the media is saying on this side of the pond.

Alas! I'm not all that keen on what the main stream media spouts as gospel these days though. Frankly, I miss what use to be known as journalistic integrity.

Forum Saint
    View moonwitch's Feedback (+1616)
    All-About moonwitch
    View moonwitch's Listings
    Forum Posts

I'm having to wait for a suitable vaccine for me as I don't want any induced immune response. My immune responses can be very dramatic and people on here who know me, heard from when this happened to me in 2016

Much as I am grateful to all the medical staff who kept me alive, including the lovely man who did the 3 attempts of CPR on me, I don't want to go to intensive care again any time soon.

after almost ending up in A&E last night through eating a cheese and garlic mushroom I think I will be waiting for a suitable one as well, I look like miss piggy with black eyes this morning

Thread Information