Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 2021 Sellers Choice Awards for Marketplaces: Nominate Your Favorites

View Policequilts's Feedback (+995)
    All-About Policequilts
    View Policequilts's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: 2021 Sellers Choice Awards for Marketplaces: Nominate Your Favorites

Quote Originally Posted by babushska View Post
    I don't normally check google shopping but thought I would tonight, maybe just me but put google shopping in my browser and when it ask for search I put in knitting patterns came up with the patterns but if you look to the left hand side where it gives new, used etc gives lists of sellers ebay, etsy etc but ebid is not even mentioned.
    I also went over to Google Shopping and tried 2 searches and there is no eBid as a seller.
    I did add eBid on my search and my items did come up.

I wonder what it takes to be added to that side list of sellers?
    Need eBid to check this out. . ..

Default Re: 2021 Sellers Choice Awards for Marketplaces: Nominate Your Favorites

There seems to be several ways to get "Ebid" to show up in the Sellers sidebar, but none work consistently and also ebid seems to disappear again if the search parameters are changed.

Having said that I've found some of my items every time I've checked GS.

Today searching "Art Deco Glass Vase", one of mine was on page 1 although ebid wasn't on the sidebar. Viewing the listing, didn't add ebid to the sidebar (as it did the last time I checked). But Clicking "See more details on Ebid". Ebid then stayed there until I changed the search to "Art Deco Glass Candlestick".

It then disappeared again, but it re-appeared when I clicked "Visit Site" on a listing for one of my candlesticks.

Searching for "Art Deco Glass Candlestick on Ebid" brought up more of my listings on the first page but also other non-ebid listings as well, so searching for "On Ebid" doesn't only get ebid listings.

I've said before (possibly not on this thread) that I can't understand how the GS search works. It does seem to include listings from ebid in some random way. Whether or not ebid is shown on the sidebar. (The blue vase I found on page 1 is a listing I don't recall seeing previously on GS, although its been listed on ebid for some time.)

Neither do I understand why GS seems reluctant to keep ebid on the sidebar when I'm searching and viewing ONLY items listed on ebid, but still keeps other small sites (some of which I've never heard of) there.

I've had discussions about these sidebar filters on obay in relation to sales. Sellers who spend hours learning how to use the site and get the results they want from it understand how to use the filters. I'm not convinced that is true for the average buyer. One thing's for sure, even for those that do, if ebid isn't consistently visible with a box to tick, it isn't going to get ticked.

Re-reading what I've just posted I realise there's something I should have tried but didn't. Next time I visit GS, when I've got ebid to be on the sidebar, I should tick the box!! and find out what, if any, difference that makes. Doh!!
    Last edited by theElench; 19th January 2021 at 07:52 AM.
    ---------- * ---------- * ---------- * ---------- ---------- * ---------- * ---------- * ---------- * ----------

http://uk.ebid.net/users/theElench

All-About Policequilts
    Forum Posts

I haven't signed up for Google Analytics. I looking at this year to see if I could understand this stuff.
    (PS: I hate and don't use Google for searching/shopping, google chrome and such. I only have gmail's for the business)

From another forum of sellers, there is a seller that mentioned :

" Not only do I want you to see what kind of issues are truly being had, as reported by Google themselves, but I also want you to see what kind of information we're missing out on simply because we don't use the new G codes instead of the obsolete UA codes. I'm sure you'll agree that what you see below is far more useful than what we've been seeing in Analytics with our old UA codes. It might even help do away with issues some have reported, trying to identify why a listing has been rejected in either Shopping or organic (without needing to be the webmaster). "

I was wondering about this UA code vs G code on this site.
    I don't know how to find out about what is being used.

Just a thought . . .

The thought about the selling sites on the side bar:
    I wonder if it may be based on the number of sellers selling "the searched item".
    Maybe there is a number that has to be reached of "the searched item" from a site to trigger that site's name to be posted to the side bar.
    Maybe where if the number of sellers have over (example) 20,000 sellers of that item gets placed on the side bar and that other sites may on have 17,000 sellers for that site. Once it reaches the 20,000 level, google shopping tells to add to side bar. Just a thought.

I hope you understand my thinking..... LOL

Kirton In Lindsey, Lincolnshire, United Kingdom
    View yellerbelly's Feedback (+97)
    All-About yellerbelly
    View yellerbelly's Listings
    Forum Posts

I have just searched for a couple of my books Delia smith and Encyclopedia of gardening unable to find either no wonder no views for the Delia one. Not bothered checking any more more pressing things to do now, and no I do not have them for sale anywhere else, as I only sell on this site and the other e not that I sell much here.

I haven't signed-up for google analytics either and looking at your quote in para. 2, wouldn't understand them if I did .

I do understand your thinking re. some sort of numerical threshold. (My first thought was that it might be more likely to be the number of listings each site has for the item, rather than sellers of the item.) So had a quick look at numbers of search results for "Art Deco Glass Candlestick".

Obay. 233.
    Etsy. 157 with ads. (Whatever that means. I rarely look at the site these days because the results are so full of irrelevant items.)
    Ebid. 18.

Didn't look at any other sites and went back to GS.

The sidebar then reads:- 1stbids, obay, EBID and Vinterior. ??? Note no etsy although both by seller numbers and item numbers, they should be there, above ebid.

I can only think that because I've used GS several times recently, their tracking and cookies are following what I'm searching for or viewing and personalising what I'm being shown. Or are the seller sites randomised?

Perhaps Gazza might comment? Ebid must have signed an agreement with GS and I would have thought there would be some detail about what ebid would get for its fees??
    ---------- * ---------- * ---------- * ---------- ---------- * ---------- * ---------- * ---------- * ----------

Quote Originally Posted by babushska View Post
    I have just searched for a couple of my books Delia smith and Encyclopedia of gardening unable to find either no wonder no views for the Delia one. Not bothered checking any more more pressing things to do now, and no I do not have them for sale anywhere else, as I only sell on this site and the other e not that I sell much here.
    From my past experience of checking GS (on an erratic and infrequent basis) for my items for sale on ebid, they do rotate what they show. I mentioned above that the blue vase I found on page 1 was one I hadn't seen on GS before. Probably if I do the same search today, I would see one or more of my vases, but quite likely NOT that particular one.

Although I'm reasonably sure that some of my buyers are coming via GS, I've always thought that having been attracted by one listing seen on GS and viewed it. Buyers then go on to "View Sellers Other Items" from the ebid listing. Rather than going back and forth finding more of my items on GS.

So if you can find even one of your items on GS, there is a good chance that that "lead" will get them to browse more of your items on site.

All-About Policequilts
    Forum Posts

I thought I would update this thread.
    The survey now has the results from voting and I am adding a link to the survey results.

I don't know why eBid couldn't of been on the the results when I see eCrater.
    eCrater is very antiquated and little by little some small changes has happened there.
    But eBid's appearance and function is better that that site

Sellers Choice Awards 2021: Merchants Rate Top Online Marketplaces
    https://www.ecommercebytes.com/2021/...-marketplaces/

Forum Master
    View tony41's Feedback (+10028)
    All-About tony41
    View tony41's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Policequilts View Post
    I thought I would update this thread.
    The survey now has the results from voting and I am adding a link to the survey results.

I don't know why eBid couldn't of been on the the results when I see eCrater.
    eCrater is very antiquated and little by little some small changes has happened there.
    But eBid's appearance and function is better that that site

Sellers Choice Awards 2021: Merchants Rate Top Online Marketplaces
    https://www.ecommercebytes.com/2021/...-marketplaces/

Putting it simply. eBid was not in the results because it did not make the cut. The sites which are in the results are there because sufficient people nominated them in the initial round. There are probably many reasons why this is so. One may be that the EcommerceBytes is USA based as are most if not all the market place sites covered by the survey. The electorate voting initially are almost certainly heavily dominated by USA sellers.

It is interesting, ecrater has a better UK rank than here but lower monthly visits. the voting IMO is probably based on how well people are seeing sales on these sites.

All-About Policequilts
    Forum Posts

I wish I could Print Screen how you have to use several different tabs to get one listing entered on eCrater, but I have permanently closed my account there.

I have "indirectly" mention eBid on eBay in the forums. Some of the threads have sellers mad and want to leave. I also changed my avatar over on eBay with eBid.net on it. I got caught and had 24 hours to change it. I have had several sellers contact through their messager asking about eBid, that they never heard of it. I gave them all the information about this site and got a couple of messages that they joined here. I told them that they need to work to get buyers here.

I am hoping the eBid U.S. side will build up and remain here.

Thread Information