eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bout with Covid-19

View JaBek1's Feedback (+25)
    All-About JaBek1
    View JaBek1's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Bout with Covid-19

Just to keep everyone up to date. I'm afraid I had a bit of a bout with the dreaded Covid-19 virus and spent about six days in the hospital as a result. Frankly, not a pleasant experience. I'm feeling much better but must admit I'm not what one would call my old energetic self. I hope everyone is well.

Forum Saint
    View moonwitch's Feedback (+1616)
    All-About moonwitch
    View moonwitch's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: Bout with Covid-19

Aaaw...Wishing you well with this

Viruses can be tricky things and you'll feel a bit rough for a while xx

Not good to hear - I hope you make a full and fast recovery.

View burgyeb's Feedback (+946)
    All-About burgyeb
    View burgyeb's Listings
    Forum Posts

Sorry to hear of your bout with Covid-19. Also saw on another thread that your wife was also infected. I hope that you and your wife fully recover from the after effects of Covid-19. This seems to be a very large problem, and in need of more research and treatment options. Far more people are surviving from the infection and/or disease, but the aftereffects impact quality of life and future healthcare funding.

Also made note of your comments on the Covid-19 vaccine. I have mixed opinions on the vaccine(s) that have been approved, or will be approved soon. The USA has passed the 16 million mark for infections and the death rate is greater than 300,000 (0.01875), as of the date of launching the Pfizer Covid-19. vaccine.

I for one am glad to see the vaccines being approved and released for administration. However, I am very concerned about the short term and potential long term effects, that a rushed out vaccine(s) could have on a large segment of the world. Generally speaking do not place alot of confidence in news reports, but prefer to contact research authorities, such as NIH, to obtain status reports on issues being researched.

This situation is not business as usual, but will demand expedited responses and creative solutions. Care must be taken to assure that safety is the number one priority. Would also like to see more organized thought or plans for determining who will get the vaccine, ie, targetted at risk groups, those never infected, those who have been infected etc.

Forum Master
    View tony41's Feedback (+10028)
    All-About tony41
    View tony41's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by burgyeb View Post
    Sorry to hear of your bout with Covid-19. Also saw on another thread that your wife was also infected. I hope that you and your wife fully recover from the after effects of Covid-19. This seems to be a very large problem, and in need of more research and treatment options. Far more people are surviving from the infection and/or disease, but the aftereffects impact quality of life and future healthcare funding.

Also made note of your comments on the Covid-19 vaccine. I have mixed opinions on the vaccine(s) that have been approved, or will be approved soon. The USA has passed the 16 million mark for infections and the death rate is greater than 300,000 (0.01875), as of the date of launching the Pfizer Covid-19. vaccine.

I for one am glad to see the vaccines being approved and released for administration. However, I am very concerned about the short term and potential long term effects, that a rushed out vaccine(s) could have on a large segment of the world. Generally speaking do not place alot of confidence in news reports, but prefer to contact research authorities, such as NIH, to obtain status reports on issues being researched.

This situation is not business as usual, but will demand expedited responses and creative solutions. Care must be taken to assure that safety is the number one priority. Would also like to see more organized thought or plans for determining who will get the vaccine, ie, targetted at risk groups, those never infected, those who have been infected etc.
    Great Britain has placed people in groups and drawn up a detailed list of the order in which groups are to be given the vaccine

View madelaine's Feedback (+5872)
    All-About madelaine
    View madelaine's Listings
    Forum Posts

How nasty for you, Jabek! Hospital is never a great place to be is it? Hope you are soon fully recovered
    Quote Originally Posted by tony41 View Post
    Great Britain has placed people in groups and drawn up a detailed list of the order in which groups are to be given the vaccine
    And "More or Less" on Radio 4 assessed the percentages of the deaths that would be saved as each group is vaccinated and they appear to have the cohorts correctly selected.
    Madelaine

4 shops for Cats Protection & Prospect Hospice
    My Postcard Shop
    BK Stamps for Philatelic listings
    & Yarnalong for craft patterns
    and
    Lotzabitz -anything that doesn't belong in one of the other shops.

Hey Jabek, hope you soon start to feel like your old self, we've lost too many of our eBid pals this year. Take care of yourself and best wishes for Christmas and the new year.

Jabek! What a horrible surprise! I do hope that you and yours continue to improve now that you are over the worst. You are in my prayers, whether you wish it or not! ( - meant kindly...)...Ian

View HerMajesty's Feedback (+1863)
    All-About HerMajesty
    View HerMajesty's Listings
    Forum Posts

Yikes! Glad you are on the mend! IT can be really awful for many people. Have a friend in hospital now, due to an unrelated ailment, but while recovering, he came down with corona, so is now on that ward. Two of my step sons have gotten the first vaccine here in the the UK, as they are doctors. I have medical friends in research, and many medics in the family here and in the states, so I have a fair idea of what has gone into the making of the vaccine and it's pros (many) and cons (few). Researchers had been working for years on covid vaccines, for different strains, so they weren't starting at ground zero when they had to quickly come up with this. Looking forward to the time I can get mine. I know too many people who did not make it through the virus.
    Ta-Ta for now!

HerMajesty

Slide Inn for Vintage 35mm photographic slides
    https://uk.ebid.net/stores/Slide-Inn

ALSO!! Click below to see my store, THE BEE'S KNEES!
    https://the-bees-knees.ebid.net

Quote Originally Posted by burgyeb View Post
    ...I have mixed opinions on the vaccine(s) that have been approved, or will be approved soon. The USA has passed the 16 million mark for infections and the death rate is greater than 300,000 (0.01875), as of the date of launching the Pfizer Covid-19. vaccine.

I for one am glad to see the vaccines being approved and released for administration. However, I am very concerned about the short term and potential long term effects, that a rushed out vaccine(s) could have on a large segment of the world.
    Yes, Burgy, I understand your concerns only too well. After all, the most prevalent virus of all is the "common cold" which we've all known from infancy. There is still no vaccine for it. although to be fair it must mutate like mad! There are, of course, countless "remedies", thanks to all the grandmothers of the world!

Several friends and acquaintances of mine have now contracted this virus; two have died, both younger than I, (I'm 81 next week). However, there is no practical way of predicting demise. One cousin of mine, eleven years my senior. died in his 60s. Another, 6 months my junior, died three years ago. I have the usual aches, pains and residual bits and bobs you would expect at my age, but feel fine in general, despite a heart condition which is under control. I welcomed the opportunity to have the vaccine as I have said elsewhere; whether or not it makes any difference to me I may never know, but it may, in some degree, add to the pool of knowledge. I hope so.

Thread Information