My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: Gallery Photos

Default Gallery Photos

Hey all! I'm in the process of transferring pics to a new PC. Once photos are uploaded to gallery for listing, is it necessary to keep them on my PC? I DO understand that if the listing went inactive for 90 days that the photos would disappear from the gallery. I searched Help and didn't find anything on it. Thanks in advance!!

Shes

Default Re: Gallery Photos

only necessary to keep them on your PC if you want to have them available for future reference.. for example, given 180 days for someone to claim "SNAD" or some such on a chargeback, (which usually goes their way no matter what) a good picture of the original listing (as well as archived copy of the listing itself, perhaps a screen shot?) might be the little detail that makes the rare case go your way instead? Other than that, I can think of no reason to keep such photos - However if they are PROFESSIONAL QUALITY product images (for manufactured products that otherwise may not have available artwork to them) they may very well retain some value *To the copyright holder* (not just someone with use permissions) - as much as $15 to $20 per image (if not more)
    Many changes yet again, started a new venture, and you can watch my store grow here: Really Rural Woodworks

View astral276's Feedback (+194)
    All-About astral276
    View astral276's Listings
    Forum Posts

From the help pages:

Images will be kept within your "My Gallery" section for a 250 day period after they become unused (eg. not being used within a live or closed listing). If you wish to use some images within your listing description that are not being used in the photo section also we recommend not hosting these in "My Gallery". Use a free online photo hosting site such as Snapagogo.com Free Photo Hosting and use your hosted photo within your listing description.
    It should say much the same on your My Gallery page, but depending on where you access My Gallery from it gives conflicting retention times.
    Last edited by astral276; 1st February 2021 at 01:01 AM.

Thanks for your replies!
    Shes

Thread Information