eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Google Pay (G Pay)

View burgyeb's Feedback (+946)
    All-About burgyeb
    View burgyeb's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: Google Pay (G Pay)

While looking at information on GPay I kept seeing notice that their new app would be required in early 2021. Everywhere I turned on the site seemed to prompt for the new app. I decided to get the new app as I intended to use the service.

I received an email today from GPay stating that the new app would be required on April 5, 2021. I returned to the site to read more, and for first time I saw information on site with April 5, 2021 date, but the information reverted back to saying early 2021. That seemed like a sneaky thing to do.

The process for getting the new app seems convoluted. I do not remember Google Wallet or the old GPay so involved a process. I will give it a go though. If it does not work out it can always be cancelled. In the mean time I will be looking at information on other Payment Processor Categories.

All-About burgyeb
    View burgyeb's Listings
    Forum Posts

Have been looking at information on other Payment Processor Categories. First category looked at were the Cash Apps, including GPay, Apple Pay, Zelle, Venmo, and PayPal. The second category looked at were some of the Comprehensive Payment Processor Systems (Ecommerce Platforms).

PayPal also falls in this second category. However, I no longer use PayPal as a seller, so my review is being done to decide on its replacement. Three platforms surfaced to the top; Shopify, Stripe, and Square Shopify is an awesome platform if you can afford their $29.99 monthly fee, and other fees that can rack up quickly. Stripe and Square are free to use, but you pay transaction fee when selling.

I did a side by side comprehensive comparison between Stripe and Square and both are high quality platforms. It depends on the goals of the user. Also a careful look at the pros and cons of both platforms is critical. Would recommend doing that before making a decision on which platform to use.

Note: Both platforms strongly recommend using GPay and Apple Pay, because they have a large number of users.

All-About burgyeb
    View burgyeb's Listings
    Forum Posts

I still need to decide which platform to use, because Stripe and Square offer attractive features. It is interesting that Paypal has fallen out of favor even more among eBid users since I last addressed this issue. It would be great eBid considered integrating Stripe or Square. However, both can be used here without being integrated.

Scarborough, North Yorkshire, United Kingdom
    View heatemyfather's Feedback (+53)
    All-About heatemyfather
    View heatemyfather's Listings
    Forum Posts

I have seen Stripe used quite a lot on small e-commerce websites, whether the fees are worth it would depend on your expected volume of sales and profit margins. I have no experience of the Square Shopify offering, although I do know that the Square Space website builder can be awkward and convoluted to do anything slightly complex with and they will charge for basic extras that would be free for something like Wordpress, so I might expect their payment processor to have the same kind of Premium Extras model.
    My auctions: video games, photography stuff, miniature wargaming hobby bits and pieces
    My eBid stores: Miniature Hobby Store | Old Games
    My eBid adverts page (also home to my free eBid promotional graphics):
    http://www.jonathanmortimer.co.uk/adverts/

All-About burgyeb
    View burgyeb's Listings
    Forum Posts

I see eBid has integrated Stripe Payments fou USA and Canada. Thank you Mark and Gazza and Ebid Team!

Thread Information