Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Stripe Payments

Forum Saint
    View moonwitch's Feedback (+1616)
    All-About moonwitch
    View moonwitch's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Stripe Payments

Now that I have dropped Paypal, I randomly came across my Stripe payment account

I have also done a test run in sending invoices out and it appears my buyers can pay me using their debit or credit cards

The big question I have is why is my account coming up as something I already use here as the two accounts appear to be linked already?

Has Stripe been integrated here in the past? That's the only explanation I can come up with

View Policequilts's Feedback (+996)
    All-About Policequilts
    View Policequilts's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: Stripe Payments

I would love to have Stripe Payments integrated here.
    There would be a second option for payments.

Earlier this year, I wrote to Stripe and asked them if they contacted eBid as being added as a payment option.
    They sent me a letter to "contact eBid" with a link here.

Stripe is a good alternative. In the beginning, it may take about 10 days to get your payment in your account. When they know you better, your money is in your account in a day or 2 at the most.

I think I will send eBid a request about Stripe.

Forum Saint
    All-About moonwitch
    Forum Posts

Thanks for your reply. I'm still working out the 'add an account' as the invoice I sent myself to see what it looked at the other end says it's from eBid, which the invoices clearly wouldn't be. The invoice also has the option to pay with Google pay which more people are using now.

I think I need to play around a bit more with Stripe before I start offering it here for all of my buyers

I just had a quick look at Stripe.UK and see lots about businesses, how about private individuals selling through a site like Ebid??

With PP obsessing about collecting mobile numbers, paying account holders to down-load their App. and randomly blocking people from accessing their accounts without a mobile number on record, I don't like the sound of their latest (very vague) Agreement Updates.

What seems to be their sudden demand that anyone using PP for processing sales proceeds should either open or upgrade to a business account sounds to me to be a way of getting around CONSUMER protection laws. If you are a business, doesn't that automatically remove any consumer rights and protection you may have as a private user? Simple enough then to make handing over a mobile number part of the required Upgrade Information. Without the upgrade, no more payments. Click HERE to close your account.

Fingers crossed that I'm wrong, but just in case I'd like to have more than just Cheques as an alternative to PP. I looked at BACS Transfers, they seemed simple enough but being realistic how many buyers would be happy to send money to the bank account of an unknown seller and hope I'm honest enough to send them their purchase?

If Stripe could be integrated with Ebid at least we wouldn't have to jump every time another monopoly snaps its fingers. I've spent years slowly getting away from obays dictatorial ways. Just as it looks like sales here are set to achieve what I set out to do, (sell off most of my unwanted stuff, clearing the way to starting a similar sort of real business) it looks like PP is preparing to pull the rug out from under my efforts.
    ---------- * ---------- * ---------- * ---------- ---------- * ---------- * ---------- * ---------- * ----------

http://uk.ebid.net/users/theElench

Forum Saint
    All-About moonwitch
    Forum Posts

PP locked me out and to change anything on that account I have to log in but can't do that as I am being sent round and round in circles

Feebay don't want me there either now that I can't use my PP account and their new payment system isn't available to me either.

I have since discovered that several sites I use regularly for shopping have stopped offering PP as a way of paying for items purchased so something is changing.

Whatever the US corporate tech. cartel is up to, it doesn't bode well for small sellers. The bigger they get, the more they want to keep everyone except other corporations that they control off the inter-net.
    ---------- * ---------- * ---------- * ---------- ---------- * ---------- * ---------- * ---------- * ----------

View purplestevie's Feedback (+8205)
    All-About purplestevie
    View purplestevie's Listings
    Forum Posts

I have purchased about a dozen items recently using bank transfer without any probs, maybe it will catch on here?

Forum Saint
    All-About moonwitch
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by purplestevie View Post
    I have purchased about a dozen items recently using bank transfer without any probs, maybe it will catch on here?
    I have bought and sold here using bank transfer with no issues too. I also buy and sell on other sites without using PP

Thanks for the replies. I'm going to start adding BACS as a payment option to my new listings and see if anyone is interested. The way PP is going ATM there must be a growing number of potential buyers that have been locked out of their PP accounts for not giving in to their bullying.

If they are serious about anyone selling having to have a Merchant Account there could be a whole lot more in the future as PP balances reduce to zero from lack of sales proceeds. If this is all about fee evasion, this looks like a very clumsy way to stop it.

Forum Master
    View tony41's Feedback (+10051)
    All-About tony41
    View tony41's Listings
    Forum Posts

I have had BACS as a payment option for a long time. I cannot remember anyone using it to pay for a sale on eBid although there were a very few who used it when I was selling on D**campe.
    I keep the option open because it doesn't cost anything. I am removing it (gradually) as an option for Europe as it has become much more expensive since Brexit. Yet another loss due to Brexit

Thread Information