eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How to create listings with variations please help

Forum Newbie
    All-About dawidkorytowski
    View dawidkorytowski's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default How to create listings with variations please help

How to create listings with variations ? trying to find how to do it for 2 hours. Someone cane help me please 🙏🙏🙏

Stratford, Greater London, United Kingdom
    View billsstamps's Feedback (+31482)
    All-About billsstamps
    View billsstamps's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: How to create listings with variations please help

Quote Originally Posted by dawidkorytowski View Post
    How to create listings with variations ? trying to find how to do it for 2 hours. Someone cane help me please 
    Variations are why I do not buy from the other side, because of the deceitful way it is used - item appears as a certain price and then you find that is only the plug!

I do really well on Ebid by listing every variation separately as it gives the item more exposure.
    Rev Dr Bill Hopkinson,
    Retired professor

BillsStamps

around 50000 stamps listed, based in London

Forum Newbie
    All-About dawidkorytowski
    View dawidkorytowski's Listings
    Forum Posts

Ok Thank You

Exclamation Re: How to create listings with variations please help

Quote Originally Posted by dawidkorytowski View Post
    How to create listings with variations ? trying to find how to do it for 2 hours. Someone cane help me please 🙏🙏🙏
    Very pleased to hear that you are selling well on Ebid. I really hoped that this site would give the major player in the market some real competition but I have been very disappointed. As a result, very reluctantly have started to relist items on the other side. Ebid = lots of views no sales, Other Site= Fewer views but sales.

Hi, although you're selling in a niche area what you're selling is the sort of item that does well here. Ebids fee structure means you can undercut yourself (and competitors) on obay on every item. In what is probably a small niche to start with and selling on a site with less "foot-fall" than the other one, how many items did you expect to sell in under two months?

You've already sold some items and received 6 good feedbacks, that can't be bad!! Your items probably haven't even been uploaded to GS a Bing yet but you're getting views (some probably security bots.) Others interested in your niche will take a while to even notice you've opened here.

This site doesn't give the quick sales of the much larger one, you have to allow for that and do what you can to promote your items. Notes with sales on the other site. Make sure your items qualify to be up-loaded to GS. Social Media if you do that sort of thing. Above all be realistic in your expectations, you can't expect the same quick results on a much smaller site as on a larger one.

I've been here for a few years now. I've sold a few items every year and last year and this my sales here have been more than on the other site. People are looking at smaller sites as they turn away from obay because they can't find what they want there.
    Best wishes for more sales in the future.
    ---------- * ---------- * ---------- * ---------- ---------- * ---------- * ---------- * ---------- * ----------

http://uk.ebid.net/users/theElench

View Inknook's Feedback (+10)
    All-About Inknook
    View Inknook's Listings
    Forum Posts

Are variations only available in certain categories? Like the OP I looked into this all day yesterday without any luck. Not keen on listing my items individually as they're all part of themed sets.

Can't stand the way the other site allows misleading people on variation listings, it doesn't even benefit the site

Although my sales have been non existent recently I also list items singularly to get more exposure and I am testing a second account for one type of category of items which I admit will probably not see result for months but may become a reason to pay more attention to this site rather than the one we all hate

All-About Inknook
    View Inknook's Listings
    Forum Posts

Sure, it can be frustrating & time consuming trawling through the search results of those seller's listings but I don't feel that negates the value of variations. I'm just confused/surprised that the feature is hit & miss across eBid's categories, or at least it seems that way.

All-About Inknook
    View Inknook's Listings
    Forum Posts

This is what I'm after but can't replicate even in that shrubs category. https://www.ebid.net/uk/for-sale/col...-199396919.htm

The drop down menu listing the different varieties.

Does anyone know how?

Forum Newbie
    View malcshop75's Feedback (+7)
    All-About malcshop75
    View malcshop75's Listings
    Forum Posts

I don't use multi listings to move up the 'lowest price' list. I use multi-listings to group together items that are of interest to customers, ie offering the same item in different sizes or colours. If they are individually listed they may get separated, obviously I can put in the description that I have other listings offering variations and it is them to hunt for them. However, you have answered my question, ebid don't do multi-listings.

Thread Information