eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Made first purchase, got banned by seller?

Default Made first purchase, got banned by seller?

Hi all,
    I am very new to ebid, so do not know all the workings as yet, so please bear with me! This morning I bought 10 items from a seller and requested combined postage.
    these items were all buy it now with immediate payment requested. I had around 45 mins to pay, so patiently waited, but got no response. I have since sent another 2 messages to no avail, so thought Id just buy a couple of the items as individual postage would of taken the order to over £40! anyway, when trying to buy an item I received a message saying Error, you have been banned by the seller? So my question is, has the seller actually banned me, or is it an automatic thing on behalf of ebid, as it looks as though I purchased 10 items without paying! this was obviously not my intent, and the seller has not responded as yet to my request. the items are now no longer in my purchase history either. not a good start from my point of view! Can anyone shed any light?
    thanks in Advance
    Suz

Forum Saint
    View moonwitch's Feedback (+1616)
    All-About moonwitch
    View moonwitch's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: Made first purchase, got banned by seller?

Maybe the seller was out in the gardening/shopping/whatever and the listings themselves times out and relisted.

Thanks for replying, but Im wanting to know why it now says I am banned by him? Has he banned me, or is that an automatic response by ebid if you do not pay in time?

Quote Originally Posted by suz996222 View Post
    Thanks for replying, but Im wanting to know why it now says I am banned by him? Has he banned me, or is that an automatic response by ebid if you do not pay in time?
    Sorry to hear that, don't let 1 seller put you off.
    From my understanding of the option the seller used, the seller opted to have the pay within a certain time period option on their listings. And if the item is not paid for in that time, you are automatically "banned" from that sellers items.
    This is why I have never opted for using that option on my listings. I'd rather wait for the buyer to request an Invoice (may be a day before it's sent, depending on what i'm doing that day), or myself sending an Invoice after a certain amount of time (usually at the end of my working day).
    I would either contact the seller, if you can, or contact eBid support who might be able to unblock you.
    Hope some of this helps.

So yes the seller has banned you but only through an automatic option they picked, and not because they directly did so.

Jason
    BigKidsAttic - Action Figure Adoption Agency (Fee's Appy), and supplier of collectible comics.

View Inknook's Feedback (+10)
    All-About Inknook
    View Inknook's Listings
    Forum Posts

This is sad, please don't be put off eBid because of it. I'll be double checking my settings now to make sure this option is disabled. Can you contact support to make sure the 'ban' is only related to the seller and not to your account?

Welcome btw

Thank you Jason, I really appreciate your reply. thanks so much for clearing that up for me. I have in total sent the seller 5 different messages, and didnt want to appear like a stalker, or a lunatic, so still patiently waiting and hoping for a reply before I send another one! I will definitely contact support in the hope of resolving this.

Hi Inknook! It was more frustrating than anything, as I presumed (wrongly), that I could buy all items, ask for combined postage, then wait for invoice. Didn't realise there was a time limit, so was frantically refreshing every minute hoping for a reply. then I worried that I looked like a crazy, deliberately targeting someone and not paying!!
    hopefully the seller sees my messages and gets back to me. Really appreciate your reply by the way!
    Suz

View Inknook's Feedback (+10)
    All-About Inknook
    View Inknook's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by suz996222 View Post
    Hi Inknook! It was more frustrating than anything, as I presumed (wrongly), that I could buy all items, ask for combined postage, then wait for invoice. Didn't realise there was a time limit, so was frantically refreshing every minute hoping for a reply. then I worried that I looked like a crazy, deliberately targeting someone and not paying!!
    hopefully the seller sees my messages and gets back to me. Really appreciate your reply by the way!
    Suz
    Fingers crossed the new shopping basket will enable all that. I've had to add eBid to my email safe list to stop notifications going straight to the junk folder so it's possibe they're not even getting your messages. Are you able to see the last time they were active on the site, I think it displays a date on the seller's profile?

#Crazy'sGood

Hi Inknook,
    Ive just checked as you suggested, and there is now a notice on his site saying on holiday. Looks like he updated it at 7pm. It reads as follows:

Important Holiday Notice from Seller : Hi, Due to unforeseen circumstances I have had to close and will re-open again as soon as I can. Thanks for your understanding.

Hopefully he sends a message when all is well again, and he will let me purchase some of his items.

thanks again for your help!

View JanetB's Feedback (+1175)
    All-About JanetB
    View JanetB's Listings
    Forum Posts

It is impossible to make any purchases whilst Seller is in Holiday Mode.
    I would never, ever put a time limit on payments due for multiple purchases.
    I've had customers purchase 1 item, and the next day they decide to purchase a few more items. I just wait until I can send an invoice.

Thread Information