Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: Buyer scored out then not scored out

Default Buyer scored out then not scored out

Hey folks,
    Came across a puzzle. Had a buyer not pay for 3 items, gave them over a week to do so, during that time they bought 2 more items and paid for those 2.
    Sent them reminders on the items they hadn't paid for, then marked 1 of the items as Non-Paying Bidder to se if they would cough up the payment, no luck. So marked the other 2 items as NPB. Upon which they ended up with a line through their name.
    Canceled the other 2 sales as well and refunded them telling them why.
    Early early this morning they seem to have managed to become active again and bought a couple more items, and paid for them, including the ones i'd already refunded them for.

How can they have unlocked their account, and who authorised the doing so?

Anyway, have refunded them again as don't want to do business with someone who can't communicate to even say " sorry, don't want those items anymore", and added them to my "Blackball" list to stop them buying from myself again (yes I know it's a loss of sales for me, but i'd rather not have the hassle).

Your thoughts would be welcome.

Jason
    BigKidsAttic - Action Figure Adoption Agency (Fee's Appy), and supplier of collectible comics.

Kirton In Lindsey, Lincolnshire, United Kingdom
    View yellerbelly's Feedback (+97)
    All-About yellerbelly
    View yellerbelly's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: Buyer scored out then not scored out

My thoughts "cutting off your nose to spite your face" springs to mind. Depends on how you sent the message was it via email or Q & A, if sent by email probably not received it or it went to junk, personally I would have sent the items they had paid for thanking them for their purchase and ask them if they still wished to purchase the other items which were unpaid for,

Your hasty actions may have repercussions as they may leave feedback advising others not to buy from you or even anyone on ebid.

As you also have a website and facebook page it might have a detrimental effect. Just saying

View gonzo45's Feedback (+7467)
    All-About gonzo45
    View gonzo45's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by BigKidsAttic View Post
    Hey folks,
    Came across a puzzle. Had a buyer not pay for 3 items, gave them over a week to do so, during that time they bought 2 more items and paid for those 2.
    Sent them reminders on the items they hadn't paid for, then marked 1 of the items as Non-Paying Bidder to se if they would cough up the payment, no luck. So marked the other 2 items as NPB. Upon which they ended up with a line through their name.
    Canceled the other 2 sales as well and refunded them telling them why.
    Early early this morning they seem to have managed to become active again and bought a couple more items, and paid for them, including the ones i'd already refunded them for.

How can they have unlocked their account, and who authorised the doing so?

Anyway, have refunded them again as don't want to do business with someone who can't communicate to even say " sorry, don't want those items anymore", and added them to my "Blackball" list to stop them buying from myself again (yes I know it's a loss of sales for me, but i'd rather not have the hassle).

Your thoughts would be welcome.

Jason
    I sold several items to this person - "Buyer : T..X....N.. [+71] " - Then their user name was crossed out and then restored and now (after the items were paid for and sent) the Buyer user name is again crossed out.

I had another issue myself a few months ago - I was accused of shill bidding by admin and my account and my buyers account were Locked - Support were not helpful but after a few weeks Gazza sorted it out - Result of all that is four potential buyers have not joined eBid (they still buy direct from me) and I am slowly moving my OS items to another site.

I am not sure what what is going on with your buyer (He/She may well be innocent) but I do feel that admin and support are over protective ?

Cheers
    Steve.

All-About gonzo45
    View gonzo45's Listings
    Forum Posts

Very prompt reply from "support" for my query today....

"The user received multiple negative Feedbacks which we are investigating."

Cheers

Steve

Forum Master
    View tony41's Feedback (+10051)
    All-About tony41
    View tony41's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by gonzo45 View Post
    Very prompt reply from "support" for my query today....

"The user received multiple negative Feedbacks which we are investigating."

Cheers

Steve

Do you now wish to remove your comment that you think that Admin and Support ar over-protective?

All-About gonzo45
    View gonzo45's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by tony41 View Post
    Do you now wish to remove your comment that you think that Admin and Support are over-protective?
    Since you ask:

No, not at all. "support" for me has been very poor in the past and caused me a lot of extra work for no real reason and (of course) no apology when they "get it wrong"

One prompt message now (a simple one) does not make up for previous errors.

However, when they get it right I still appreciate the service.

Steve.

Thread Information