My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: Accessable Printer Suggestions

Default Accessable Printer Suggestions

I'm looking for a very simple to use printer where I don't need a technical degree to work it.
    Any suggestions, anyone?
    I have a printer that is way too complicated to use since my cardiac arrest and coma-induced brain injury

Please PM here as I don't think we are allowed to promote pruducts here
    “When life gives you a Monday, dip it in glitter and sparkle all day” – Ella Woodword

Stratford, Greater London, United Kingdom
    View billsstamps's Feedback (+31499)
    All-About billsstamps
    View billsstamps's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: Accessable Printer Suggestions

Quote Originally Posted by FalonTowers View Post
    I'm looking for a very simple to use printer where I don't need a technical degree to work it.
    Any suggestions, anyone?
    I have a printer that is way too complicated to use since my cardiac arrest and coma-induced brain injury

Please PM here as I don't think we are allowed to promote pruducts here
    It is getting to be that simple to use printers do not exist any more.
    The best I can suggest is that you look for a non-wireless printer as they are less hassle to set up, just connect a wire. Even then you need to load a driver to your computer so it can send files to your printer.
    See Best Non Wireless Printers: Top Picks for Seamless Printing (easytopten.com)
    Rev Dr Bill Hopkinson,
    Retired professor

BillsStamps

around 50000 stamps listed, based in London

Quote Originally Posted by billsstamps View Post
    It is getting to be that simple to use printers do not exist any more.
    The best I can suggest is that you look for a non-wireless printer as they are less hassle to set up, just connect a wire. Even then you need to load a driver to your computer so it can send files to your printer.
    See Best Non Wireless Printers: Top Picks for Seamless Printing (easytopten.com)
    Thanks Bill. I am not sure that would work as my laptop is moved from room to room and the printer is set up in my office. I tend to use the laptop in the living room

I want to be able to print fro,m wherever my laptop is, and from my phone if I ever get the hang of that.

I live in a tiny flat so I so would have to think about how a non wireless printer would work as the last time I had one I had a huge area for my desctop pc and printer in the living room at the last place. In the place I live now I have the laptop on a small folding table and the printer is on the top of a low bookcase with no space in that room to sit with the pc
    Last edited by FalonTowers; Yesterday at 08:04 PM.
    “When life gives you a Monday, dip it in glitter and sparkle all day” – Ella Woodword

Stratford, Greater London, United Kingdom
    View billsstamps's Feedback (+31499)
    All-About billsstamps
    View billsstamps's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by FalonTowers View Post
    Thanks Bill. I am not sure that would work as my laptop is moved from room to room and the printer is set up in my office. I tend to use the laptop in the living room

I want to be able to print fro,m wherever my laptop is, and from my phone if I ever get the hang of that.

I live in a tiny flat so I so would have to think about how a non wireless printer would work as the last time I had one I had a huge area for my desctop pc and printer in the living room at the last place. In the place I live now I have the laptop on a small folding table and the printer is on the top of a low bookcase with no space in that room to sit with the pc
    Well in theory the simple wireless printers are supposed to be easy to set up. Normally you would find the wifi setting on your new printer and enter your wifi name and password. Then on your laptop you go into printer settings and it should give the option of searching for printers on your wifi. Click on your printer, from there you follow instructions.
    Good luck finding your wifi settings and entering them into a printer which scrolls through the alphabet instead of a keyboard.
    Your printer should tell you what app to download to run the printer
    Rev Dr Bill Hopkinson,
    Retired professor

BillsStamps

around 50000 stamps listed, based in London

View mark4740's Feedback (+3719)
    All-About mark4740
    View mark4740's Listings
    Forum Posts

I Have a wireless hp deskjet 2632, only cost me £20 about 4 years back and you can still pick them up cheap or similar models. its a brilliant little easy to use printer and easy to set up.you can print straight from your laptop or download a mobile app to print from your phone.

Thanks guys..

I'll have another go at setting up the one I have here, if I ever get it working again I will be surprised as i haven't been able to use it for year. I might just keep it in a cupboard and drag it out for the odd occasion I need to fill in a printed form. I have a computer cable but no space to sit in fron of the printer.

Kirton In Lindsey, Lincolnshire, United Kingdom
    View yellerbelly's Feedback (+97)
    All-About yellerbelly
    View yellerbelly's Listings
    Forum Posts

Hi Moonie, If I can set up a wireless printer I am sure you can as you appear more competent than me, I hate technology and I am convinced it hates me, If I could put a smiley face here or something I would but I don't appear to be able to do that anymore, don't know why, I did have to have several attempts to set it up though, but after each attempt I walked away and and tried it later, after about a week I managed it. I find this works best for me other wise it would have been in pieces had I not. Patience and computers not my forte.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Thread Information