Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Stripe Payments

Default Re: Stripe Payments

Last week (before the sales) I bought something here and again expected trouble, but like you no problem and one level log-in. Could be that we would be logged into a site which pays (?) for integrated checkout?

So it seems I can't log-in to the PP site direct (always two levels) to check balance or transfer funds etc. but can when buying or selling using their checkout (so far only one level).

As an extra bit of arm twisting they had tried sending me an email (WHY can't they do the same for level 2 codes???) to tell me I had messages un-opened on the PP site so while there checking the money was safely in my account (from the sales) I opened the messages (All ads. for PP services).

Worth remembering for the future perhaps. Any time I buy or sell something, do transfers, especially OUT to linked bank account.

I'm more convinced than ever that all these "problems" with PSD2 and log-in are because PP wants to be a mobile access only for private accounts. Having a nose through their help pages, everything has cartoons of using a mobile to do everything, paying, transferring, keeping up-to-date.
    Last edited by theElench; 1st June 2021 at 12:08 PM.
    ---------- * ---------- * ---------- * ---------- ---------- * ---------- * ---------- * ---------- * ----------

http://uk.ebid.net/users/theElench

Forum Saint
    View moonwitch's Feedback (+1616)
    All-About moonwitch
    View moonwitch's Listings
    Forum Posts

My current issue is that it is only on eBid that I get prompted to pay invoices which allow me to pay using PayPal instant checkout.

Other sites I use have either their own managed payments or multiple integrated ways of paying.

I'm going to have to continue accepting only bank transfers here and offering Stripe. Since Paypal started messing me about I am not happy paying fees to them when their system isn't fit for purpose for my business

"....multiple integrated ways of paying."

Perhaps @ebid management should seriously consider adding Stripe (and others?) to the integrated checkout here? As I've been locked out of PP for over a week I started another thread on their boards. One of their volunteer advisors advised a (to me) convoluted way to add an App. to my lap-top which might enable the "Ring My Landline" option to work. To me it sounds like Hogwash, PP is creating a problem to get everyone to use mobiles for some benefit to themselves.

The advisor also (because of my previous posts history?) added a link to a post by a PP Moderator giving the PP "official" line -- without a mobile you might have problems accessing your account. Not any help to me but that post was dated February 2020 and they've made no progress towards a solution since then.

Go to any of the forum sections - Basics - Payments - Account and others and there are pages of threads with the same complaints, Can't Log In - Locked Out - No Mobile - No Signal - Old Number But Can't Change It, etc. etc. etc. The number of people UN-able to use PP must be increasing daily. With PP apparently "un-able" to solve this "problem" and becoming un-usable for so many, isn't that in itself a good enough reason for ebid to start looking at more reliable alternatives?

We haven't even got to the September deadline for PSD2 / SCA to become a regular compulsory feature of internet buying and selling yet. Will the problem become worse when we do? Ebid and its sellers might begin to notice declining sales if they are too reliant on PP. Conversely, offering alternatives that are set up properly to implement SCA without causing any problems to their users might find a new popularity.
    Last edited by theElench; 1st June 2021 at 03:58 PM.
    ---------- * ---------- * ---------- * ---------- ---------- * ---------- * ---------- * ---------- * ----------

Forum Saint
    All-About moonwitch
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by theElench View Post
    "....multiple integrated ways of paying."

Perhaps @ebid management should seriously consider adding Stripe (and others?) to the integrated checkout here? As I've been locked out of PP for over a week I started another thread on their boards. One of their volunteer advisors advised a (to me) convoluted way to add an App. to my lap-top which might enable the "Ring My Landline" option to work. To me it sounds like Hogwash, PP is creating a problem to get everyone to use mobiles for some benefit to themselves.

The advisor also (because of my previous posts history?) added a link to a post by a PP Moderator giving the PP "official" line -- without a mobile you might have problems accessing your account. Not any help to me but that post was dated February 2020 and they've made no progress towards a solution since then.

Go to any of the forum sections - Basics - Payments - Account and others and there are pages of threads with the same complaints, Can't Log In - Locked Out - No Mobile - No Signal - Old Number But Can't Change It, etc. etc. etc. The number of people UN-able to use PP must be increasing daily. With PP apparently "un-able" to solve this "problem" and becoming un-usable for so many, isn't that in itself a good enough reason for ebid to start looking at more reliable alternatives?

We haven't even got to the September deadline for PSD2 / SCA to become a regular compulsory feature of internet buying and selling yet. Will the problem become worse when we do? Ebid and its sellers might begin to notice declining sales if they are too reliant on PP. Conversely, offering alternatives that are set up properly to implement SCA without causing any problems to their users might find a new popularity.
    Wow! The first bit of advice I found on the PP forum about my current issue was

"What can I do if I've changed my mobile number and can't log in?"

The advice was to "Go to 'settings" then switch off '2 step verification'.

Neither bits of advice can be followed with the 2 step verification switched on when I am locked out due to having an old mobile listed lol
    Last edited by moonwitch; 1st June 2021 at 06:47 PM.

I'm totally sick of trying to get any sense out of PP.. A volunteer advisor said they get no more info. than anyone else, only use their experience on the site to try to clarify PP's more mysterious announcements or tell people where to find instructions. So there's little they can say, other than the PP line of "Buy a mobile".

CS (somewhere overseas) when I could get through the accent, twice told me there was no other solution apart from getting a mobile. Then the third person told me I could download an App. to my laptop. I followed this up on the boards and an advisor told me it could be done if I followed a complicated set of instructions. I then realised that I could only follow the instructions once signed-in.

I wonder if companies like ebid have contacted PP? If they are paying PP for their checkout "Service" perhaps they might be treated a little better than individual account holders that PP find it very easy to ignore.

My next step will be to the FCA to complain.

Forum Newbie
    View RogerandOwl's Feedback (+6388)
    All-About RogerandOwl
    View RogerandOwl's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by moonwitch View Post
    Wow! The first bit of advice I found on the PP forum about my current issue was

"What can I do if I've changed my mobile number and can't log in?"

The advice was to "Go to 'settings" then switch off '2 step verification'.

Neither bits of advice can be followed with the 2 step verification switched on when I am locked out due to having an old mobile listed lol
    Hi,I see the problem maybe with paypal initial requests when anybody first registers of requiring two email addresses for ones account. And for some reason two phone numbers? If you can manage to log in for payment for an item, try clicking on help which will give you a drop down menu at the bottom is "How to add or edit or remove a phone number' Click on How to add. And it should direct you to your summary of account details where it should allow you edit change or remove old numbers. P.S. is there a reason why the use of acronyms PP is used on the forums. Or am I about to be banished (shocked face smiley thingy)

Forum Saint
    All-About moonwitch
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by RogerandOwl View Post
    Hi,I see the problem maybe with paypal initial requests when anybody first registers of requiring two email addresses for ones account. And for some reason two phone numbers? If you can manage to log in for payment for an item, try clicking on help which will give you a drop down menu at the bottom is "How to add or edit or remove a phone number' Click on How to add. And it should direct you to your summary of account details where it should allow you edit change or remove old numbers. P.S. is there a reason why the use of acronyms PP is used on the forums. Or am I about to be banished (shocked face smiley thingy)
    Thanks for your reply. My issue with Paypal is that I cannot log in to change my mobile number as they send a code to my old number as part of a 2 step authentication I cancelled a while back they they have reinstated without my say so. The item I bought recently was the one I bought from you and there was no option there to check my account as once I paid you Paypal automatically logged me out and I couldn't log back in.

I don't want to find a workaround to use an unreliable payment system that could play up again at any time in a random way.

Your second point about rules on abbreviations like 'PP' and so on. I am happy to mention other places on here as it means this forum shows up when people Google terms that are included in our posts here. This has the effect of enabling people to find eBid by accident which I don't see as a bad thing
    Last edited by moonwitch; 3rd June 2021 at 09:33 AM.

Forum Newbie
    All-About RogerandOwl
    Forum Posts

Hah I see, what a pain. Sounds like a Catch 22 situation. Never had any problems, and as far as I can remember have never had to do the two step verification. Mind you I have the memory of a stunned slug.

Forum Saint
    All-About moonwitch
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by RogerandOwl View Post
    Hah I see, what a pain. Sounds like a Catch 22 situation. Never had any problems, and as far as I can remember have never had to do the two step verification. Mind you I have the memory of a stunned slug.
    We had a choice a while back to have the 2 step verification thing and I didn't take this up. Now it's there on my account so I am only guessing that Paypal have it as a default now.

Forum Newbie
    All-About RogerandOwl
    Forum Posts

Well just double checked when I go to paypal site, brings up my email with password sign in, when I sign in the 'Get the Paypal App' banner appears. I just have always ticked the Not now button below. So far still do not need two step verification.

Thread Information